[Official] Left 4 Dead

I've had a couple of sessions like that. You have to play really smart otherwise you'll die over and over again.

The game kept throwing boss infected at us, I think in one match we had 2 tanks in a row.

I contemplated pre-ordering this but I decided to get NFS: Undercover instead. My reasons were that Left 4 Dead is a game that is best played online and with friends. Currently, one of my friends is busy finishing up his assignment in two weeks time while another is studying in Scotland for his degree. I, on the hand, am busy with work launching a series of advertising and marketing campaigns to do with my company's products. With all of us being too busy even to open Steam at the same time, I decided that I just want a game where I can just relax with during my lunch break or when I get home.

I'll still be getting Left 4 Dead, though when I will get it, that's another question altogether :p .

Scirwode

played a match where 3 times in a row we were given a tank half way down the first building!

wiped every time.

the swarm of zombies coming from the top AND bottom at the same time didn't help either....

The game is awesome on the 360, runs silky smooth for me (Y)

Edit: and I love this game :woot:

It looks awesome, plays great and there is zero lag for me.

Definitely keeping my preorder :yes:

Edited by DrunknMunky

Are what zombies given randomly spawned ?

It seems like everyone is having different experiences per map.

If so.. that's a great way how to keep people replaying it while they work on new maps.

Are what zombies given randomly spawned ?

What? :blink:

The AI Director controls the zombies, sounds, etc.

The Director is in charge of monitoring the pacing of the game. So, for example, if your team has been bombarded with Infected hordes and bosses, The Director will schedule a break in the action. If your team is chewing through Infected like bubble gum, The Director will send a few Boss Infected your way, and so on. And all of this is done procedurally to insure no play sessions are alike -- there are no triggers, generators, special flags, or other human-placed information in the environment that specify where to place the Infected. As a result, the Survivor team can never predict when or where they will encounter anything.

What? :blink:

The AI Director controls the zombies, sounds, etc.

So there's actually someone in control of what zombies pop in?

I thought it was randomly controlled.

So me and the wife were playing this together, which raised a question. Why does expert demand to be played with 4 players, because every time we tried playing together we were effectively ass raped by tanks whenever we decided to take the empty magazine out and put the new one or just ran out of painkillers. It's more like a prison simulator than a video game judging by how many times you get ass raped.

So me and the wife were playing this together, which raised a question. Why does expert demand to be played with 4 players, because every time we tried playing together we were effectively ass raped by tanks whenever we decided to take the empty magazine out and put the new one or just ran out of painkillers. It's more like a prison simulator than a video game judging by how many times you get ass raped.

You should see all the tards on the steam forums complaining that it's "too easy" and that they should nerf all the weapons and the melee.

"Hey I played the first to easiest levels in the first campaign for 20 hours straight and it's too easy, nerf everything!" We usually have someone limping by the first safe room and often die on the subway part in expert with 4 people who have played it a lot and this is only the first two parts of the campaign!

Is the hunter the one in the intro video who is like running around Parkour style?

I think so. Was it wearing a hoodie? If it was then it probably was the hunter. By the way, the hunter can only lunge forward and jump really high. You can play as the hunter in the demo with a couple of commands. Click here for the commands. It only works in singleplayer mode.

I think so. Was it wearing a hoodie? If it was then it probably was the hunter. By the way, the hunter can only lunge forward and jump really high. You can play as the hunter in the demo with a couple of commands. Click here for the commands. It only works in singleplayer mode.

Yeah that's the one. He was pretty damn cool imo lol, rapist or not :p

Those commands will work in multiplayer :)

Those commands will work in multiplayer :)

Ah, true. I just realized that you can host a dedicated server and set sv_cheats to 1.

If sv_cheats is turned on, can't players just type in god 1 to make themselves invinsible? That takes all the fun out of it IMO.

well yes, but the point is to try out the infected :)

If sv_cheats is turned on, can't players just type in god 1 to make themselves invinsible? That takes all the fun out of it IMO.

Yep, but I can easily set sv_cheats to 0 and kick the player that has godmode enabled. As sin-ergy said the whole point is to try out the infected.

Question to those who've played this and TF2. Is this game just as fun or even more so than TF2? Looking at all the posts in here I'm considering getting it late December when they have Christmas season pricing or whatnot.

Picked up this video as a Facebook posted item, check out this fail: