NXE Review By Rahul

But then everyone would download it. Potentially ''ruining'' the official release.

How can you ruin a release for a mandatory update? If anything it'll help since there won't be so many people connecting to Microsoft's servers on the same day.

I have it but I am a little iffy on if I am going to install it or not...I am not worried about playing GoW online anyway at first, going to complete the campaign at least and then I will play online. But I do like playing GTA with a few buddies online and thats the only thing stopping me from doing it right at this moment...What do you think? Also do I need to disconnect the xbox off my home network or will it just not alow me to connect to live?

Yeah, the update appears to be done, why not just get it out the door :/

Oh well ...

Might be a little surprise booting up your xbox 360 one day. Doubt it though. ;)

Well you're definitely the first I have heard complain of streaming issues, I don't even remember reviews mentioning it and I certainly didn't see it. If anything there was minor complaints of frame rate (more so on the PS3 version). They did an awesome job of the 360 though running at 1080p no less :yes:

For example Gamespot's review:

edit: just got this from MN's Twitter..

Oh how I'll laugh if you're all banned :laugh:

I'd laugh harder if people who flashed their hard drive to play pirated games got banned :laugh:

I'd laugh harder if people who flashed their hard drive to play pirated games got banned :laugh:

Ummm...that's not how it works. You just pulled that one out of your arse.

^ yeah I was about to say, flashed hard drive? wtf :laugh:

Besides, reading Rahul's OP before it was edited would give the impression he has a flashed 360 and his works ;)

^ yeah I was about to say, flashed hard drive? wtf :laugh:

Besides, reading Rahul's OP before it was edited would give the impression he has a flashed 360 and his works ;)

Yeah :rofl:

Ummm...that's not how it works. You just pulled that one out of your arse.

You knew what I meant, disc drive not hard drive. Really not that hard to figure out. :rolleyes:

The underlying point of my post was obvious too.

to me the best part is the support for 16:10 resolutions. Makes a HUGE difference in terms of image quality on computer monitors.

agreed! worth giving up Live for 19 days to play my games in the right resolution.

I'd say 90% of this update is 'cosmetic nonsence' (a bit like XP to Vista and Vista to Windows 7), the other 10% is, well, debatable to say the least, HDD Play being, at best, negligible.

I wish there was an option 'not to update' to this 'eye candy driven release', as things are quite happily ticking along on my xbox, and wish it to remain so, without all that irritating crap.

I vote to keep it as it is :)

I'd say 90% of this update is 'cosmetic nonsence' (a bit like XP to Vista and Vista to Windows 7), the other 10% is, well, debatable to say the least, HDD Play being, at best, negligible.

I wish there was an option 'not to update' to this 'eye candy driven release', as things are quite happily ticking along on my xbox, and wish it to remain so, without all that irritating crap.

could you possibly have managed to fit more ignorance in a single post

HDD play negligible? Why's that? Because it doesn't appeal to you? Why don't you ask how all those PS3 owners feel having to install games just to get ACCEPTABLE loading times? The big argument was always "yeah, well, the 360 sounds like a ****ing jet engine" but now the 360 has the best of both worlds - install ANY game and have a nice quiet machine with faster loading times, or just play as normal. I'd say that's pretty significant.

The only thing left now is figuring out a way of having more content on the disks.

As for the interface, you've obviously not used it because it is VERY slick, everything is faster than before, even the guide. Now the guide, have you actually looked at that in detail? It's very smart and practical, it's quick, it lets you more or less control the whole machine from anywhere and what's more - it looks like the old dash. If you really don't like this update, why not just stick to using the new guide?

HDD play negligible? Why's that? Because it doesn't appeal to you? Why don't you ask how all those PS3 owners feel having to install games just to get ACCEPTABLE loading times? The big argument was always "yeah, well, the 360 sounds like a ****ing jet engine" but now the 360 has the best of both worlds - install ANY game and have a nice quiet machine with faster loading times, or just play as normal. I'd say that's pretty significant.

The only thing left now is figuring out a way of having more content on the disks.

As for the interface, you've obviously not used it because it is VERY slick, everything is faster than before, even the guide. Now the guide, have you actually looked at that in detail? It's very smart and practical, it's quick, it lets you more or less control the whole machine from anywhere and what's more - it looks like the old dash. If you really don't like this update, why not just stick to using the new guide?

+1

Don't really have anything else to say on the matter :p

to me the best part is the support for 16:10 resolutions. Makes a HUGE difference in terms of image quality on computer monitors.

well :unsure:, I can hardly notice any difference (on my 30") may be because I'm not using my native resolution?

OH SNAP!!! THAT JUST HAPPENED!!! lol

I wonder, what if you update your 360 with NXE when it's released, then you take off the hard drive and sell it with a 256mb memory card. Will it just not work as it wont have enough storage space on it?

Rich

The update itself is only like 8mb, it's Avatars that take up the rest of the space. I'd imagine that if you don't have enough space, you basically get what those who illegally installed the dash get - dash with no avatars and an inability to go online.