NXE Review By Rahul

I wish they'd up the download queue to something more than 6 items. Say 10 or 15 even? Come on MS!

It's going to be up to 29 queued items iirc.

Edited by 33Brad.

Anyone else thinks that there is something wrong with the new 16:10 resolutions? looks like the image is not sharp as its supposed to be.

Most games are rendered at 720p and then scaled on the 360 scaler, wich is better than the TV. but they're not native in the 16:10 resolutions. The 1080p native games may be ale to render natively in some 16:10 resolutions though.

And Wow, apparently tons of new clothes recently too. cool :)

hmm mostly shirts with every possible natinoality flag...., but other stuff too

Also the new free GoW2 theme, is actualy a 2.0 theme even if it's not described as so. it's a bit annoyign that there aparently is currently no way to see what are 2.0 themes or not.

Edited by HawkMan

I downloaded a leaked copy of the NXE from the Net and installed it because my XBL account is currently unpaid, it seems to work much faster than the previous dashboard. Even the XBOX guide menu while in game at any moment, even during Fable 2's massive spells, the frame rate is fine and the guide functions perfectly. I can't even connect to XBL but this update is tasty, for sure!

Thread Cleaned

This topic is for discussing features of the NXE and what you like/dislike about it. Let's keep it at that ;)

Is anyone else having issue with private chatting with someone still using the old Dashboard? I can talk to my friends fine in a game lobby, but when I private chat, everything is all choppy.

Is anyone else having issue with private chatting with someone still using the old Dashboard? I can talk to my friends fine in a game lobby, but when I private chat, everything is all choppy.

It's a known isue, NXE users can't chat with non NXE users on the dashboard, the new protocols for group chats arne't very compatible and you get the lag and stuff.

it'll fix itself once everyone has NXE :)

in game chats should work fine though

So what's gonna happen to the people who downloaded the update without being in the program?

I mean, if the update was tied to one specific console then sure the people will have to manually install the official update?

The update itself isn't tied to specific consoles, rather certain console ID's were permitted to access Live with it. Come November 19th, there wont be such a restriction so anyone who installed it early will connect just fine. Chances are people will still need to update as there have been subsequent updates to the NXE since then, plus there'll likely be a further update on the day itself.

Great review. I give a thumbs-up towards Microsoft for the time and effort they clearly put into NXE. The avatar creation isn't very original but it only makes sense considering the Nintendo Wii pioneered the system, and Sony is implementing it with Home.

Installing games onto the HDD is pure genius. The only negative thing is the owners who purchased their consoles without a HDD will have to go and buy a HDD. I remember seeing something where you could order them from Microsoft for free? But thats not really practical for most of the owners who don't sit on forums all day :p

How do you install the DivX update. Yeah, I can't play any of my DivX movies.

When it first failed to load a DivX movie, there was a button to click that took me right to the DivX marketplace item. It said I had already downloaded it, but I just downloaded it again and installed it and everything works fine.

-Spenser