Neowin HP Magic Giveaway winners

You missed my point, my post could not ruin the competition as it the competition was over with and it would be impossible for me to single handedly ruin the competition, not only me but for most anyone else. What you probably intended is a ruining of a congradulatory thread. But this thread was not entitled as such nor would it preclude someone posting contradictory points of view. To even suggest a blocking of such points of view points to your intolerance of other's points of view.

Let me break it down, Barney the purple dinosaur style for you, since this is apparently a monumental concept for you to grasp.

Let’s use the Oscars as a real world example. Recently, Kanye West (you) lost some awards at the Oscars (Neowin competition), and whined about losing and not getting the appreciation he (you) “should” have deserved for his (your) glorious work.

This in turn, looked disgraceful on the Oscars reputation (Neowin competition) to the public. But, in actuality it made Kanye West (you) look like a turd-sandwich for being a sore loser (or in your words, "contradictory point of view").

The bottom line is, in the next competition (if there ever will be one), the moderators/administrators will have a different outlook on Neowin community, since this is the type of reaction they would receive from some members. So, give yourself a pat on the back for accomplishing that, Turion.

barney.jpg

If I was a mod i'd be going through this thread hitting the ****ing ban button so fast peoples heads would spin. Seriously. What a bunch of whinny little bitches.

+10,000

Turion please just stfu?

You painted a doormat. Get over it.

TBH I think that if we're going for magic here the one with the glass beads and metal NeoWin looked the best, but they were all great :)

Congrats to all involved (barring whiney bitches :p)

Congrats to the winners :-)

I havet to say though, that such competitions tend to reward the wealthy and time-rich (e.g. 1st place).

If I was the owner of a bunch of Yachts and were to take a picture of them on the sea in Neowin-Formation from my helicopter, I most likely would soon be the new owner of the first price. It is flawed from the beginning. And if you wanned the winner to be the one with the most effort, the judges would have to be basic-school teachers :-).

I can live with it, because i already have everything i need in my life and more :-), but i can understand, that some people, who dont own much (no yard, no fancy camera) might feel disappointed.

P.S.: my entry was the one with my white sheet on my bed in Neowin-formation, i thought it had the nice metamessage of "something more" :-P

^

There aren't that many people who associate farmers with wealthy and having a bunch of yachts :p

As for fancy cameras, my uncle's 20-year-old camera could produce the same effects as some of the entries. Granted, I would have to print the result out and scan it.. :D

^

There aren't that many people who associate farmers with wealthy and having a bunch of yachts :p

As for fancy cameras, my uncle's 20-year-old camera could produce the same effects as some of the entries. Granted, I would have to print the result out and scan it.. :D

Well they are landowners, it is at least something compared to people who just might be able to affort a shared student-flat on lown. But that was not the point, the point was that the more money you have, the easier you can takle all kind of obsticles, wich is just how life is. I only even mentioned it because it is Christmastime and it was titled something "magic" so i really did think of the poor ones (not me), which might have taken part in the competition and are now disappointed. If one of those was to complain about the first entries, i think they wouldn't deserve to be called "sore loosers", just my 2 Cent. :)

Let me break it down, Barney the purple dinosaur style for you, since this is apparently a monumental concept for you to grasp.

Let?s use the Oscars as a real world example. Recently, Kanye West (you) lost some awards at the Oscars (Neowin competition), and whined about losing and not getting the appreciation he (you) ?should? have deserved for his (your) glorious work.

This in turn, looked disgraceful on the Oscars reputation (Neowin competition) to the public. But, in actuality it made Kanye West (you) look like a turd-sandwich for being a sore loser (or in your words, "contradictory point of view").

The bottom line is, in the next competition (if there ever will be one), the moderators/administrators will have a different outlook on Neowin community, since this is the type of reaction they would receive from some members. So, give yourself a pat on the back for accomplishing that, Turion.

barney.jpg

You clearly misunderstood my posts and have a skewed perception of the posts and me. Calling me a turd does not help your point. However, you support my point about intolerance. I've not disgraced myself, merely expressed how I didnt' think some of the entries were appropriately judged. THAT's ALL I SAID about that. I was not out of line nor unappreciative of other's work. I've posted as such, please do yourself a favor and not over react by posting such in un-civil posts.

+10,000

Turion please just stfu?

You painted a doormat. Get over it.

TBH I think that if we're going for magic here the one with the glass beads and metal NeoWin looked the best, but they were all :)eat :)

Congrats to all involved (barring whiney bi:phes :p)

Please read the above response to a similiar post as yours and apply to yourself. Merry Christmas, have a good:)ay. :)

Edited by Turion

You clearly misunderstood my posts and have a skewed perception of the posts and me. Calling me a turd does not help your point. However, you support my point about intolerance. I've not disgraced myself, merely expressed how I didnt' think some of the entries were appropriately judged. THAT's ALL I SAID about that. I was not out of line nor unappreciative of other's work. I've posted as such, please do yourself a favor and not over react by posting such in un-civil posts.

Blah, blah, blah...

It’s education time, Turion. Seems you lack of it.

1) Ignorance: the state or fact of being ignorant: lack of knowledge, education, or awareness

2) Selfish: concerned excessively or exclusively with oneself: seeking or concentrating on one's own advantage, pleasure, or well-being without regard for others

First, you come here boasting about how your entry was better than the selected winners. Then you get slapped in the face by the moderators, whom probably told you to stop being arrogant and respect their decision. It was a democratic process after all. But no, this did not hinder you in any way. You still continued to act the same throughout, a way of being ignorant and selfish. You lost, get over it and quit whining. I find it funny how you call me being intolerant; do you even know what it means? It applies to you more than me. If you find my post offensive, you can get over that as well. This is the Internet, not your little Mr. Rogers' World.

So, stop being pretentious and accept that you were and still are... wrong.

Even if this is your edited reply, it pretty much still makes you a disgrace to this competition, and possibly this community.

I would like to know how my entry ranked at the very least. I did put a bit of thought and effort into mine more so than a Kiwi fruit cut out. The only thing I see that the horse field had over my entry was the sheer size of it. I believe I put more creativity into my entry than the vast majority. So at lest tell me how I ranked.

And I rather upset that someone could merely make a design from snow on the ground and be second place. like a number entries I put money and effort into my design. pfft.

So, here's your options.

a) report my post and possibly get it deleted if the moderator find it out of taste, or

b) apologize to the winners and accept you lost, or

c) continue being a turd by defending your stance...

edit: oh and Merry Christmas,

MrHankey.jpg

Edited by NeptuneSaK

Thanks to all the positive comments, below is just an explanation to the negative comments...

i spent a total of $15 AUD on my entry, the cans of line marking paint were $5 each

the sawdust was free, my parents spent 4 hours shoveling it from the back of a furniture making shop a few months ago into bags so it can be used in the horse stables, they said i can use as many bags as i want for my project as long as i give them a hand collecting it next time they need more

if i didn't use my parents backyard i would have asked a friend or relative

as for my camera it is one of the cheapest SLR's you can own, and i used a fisheye lense filter, its a 10th of the price of a fisheye lense

so $15 for paint (which i think most of you could afford), asking permission to use someones backyard, sourcing a cheap/free product and 2 afternoons after work... its not too expensive or hard

edited for civility[/img]

dude you go to great lengths to insult yet you havent' read my posts. I'm not going to apologize nor was I a "turd". You seem to enjoy insulting others as an outlet. Just get over it. Move on.

Just get over it. Move on.

Funny how many people said that a few pages back to you.

And Sawdustfarmer, great use of resources, deserves it even more after what you said it your last post.