Fivestar Windows 7 Build 7000 x86 screenshots

You can disable the driver signing check. Only problem you have then is that there are virtually none unsigned x64 drivers because it makes no sense.

You mean manually via the boot menu? ?That's tedious to have to do every time.

On another subject, does anyone know the specific free disk space requirement for an upgrade install?

ROTFL

i've tested all version beta (6801-6936-6956 32&64 bit ACTIVATED AND NON ACTIVATED ) of windows seven and the result is

NO ACTIVATED VERSION = INSTABLE

ACTIVATED VERSION = STABLE

stop saying bull****s if you haven't made test like me , please

:pinch:

You fail. There's no difference between activated and non-activated in terms of stability. Besides, it's UNstable.

You fail. There's no difference between activated and non-activated in terms of stability. Besides, it's UNstable.

oh yeah so i was wrong two times than... :spam: :ike:

4423OMG.jpg

:ninjapirate:

:|

Aero Basic is still an atrocious theme, even in 7.

It is simply because probably has not installed his graphics drivers or might be running something in the background that disables aero. But yes, no aero looks horrible yet still better than how it was in vista.

Hopefully once guys start submitting feedback start the push to have vista taskbar as an option along side the superbar. Even if it's only while with transparency disabled or something because superbar without transparency is simply fugly and I would like a choice not to use it if I/others do not like it and prefer the traditional look of vista without having to use classic.

Hopefully once guys start submitting feedback start the push to have vista taskbar as an option along side the superbar. Even if it's only while with transparency disabled or something because superbar without transparency is simply fugly and I would like a choice not to use it if I/others do not like it and prefer the traditional look of vista without having to use classic.

Completely with you on here. I hope I can get accepted into the actual beta and give feedback on this new "Superbar"

Dude, this Windows 7 may have a lot of good changes under the hood, but as far as looks go, it's a total piece of 5h!t. Microsoft always has two teams in their GUI design department, one has real ****ty taste and the other has really good taste. That is apparent from the different GUI designs of the past few years in XP and Vista where you see parts of the GUI that are beautiful, and other parts that are disgusting. Lately it's like the team with real good taste has given up or quit altogether. I see these damn screenshots and I think, I thought 7 was going to be an improvement over Vista. And perhaps in reliability and speed it is, but damn, it looks like fu#$!ng 5h!t!!!!! That damn baby blue color that showed its ugly head only in some areas of the Vista GUI, now it's all over the place!! Arghh! My eyes hurt from so much color lameness!! Please make it stop!!!

On the topic of 64 bit.

Explain again to me why (beyond the fact that the system is a 64 bit chip) it is necessary to force everyone to upgrade to 64 bit.??

From a business standpoint if I have 1000 computers running 32 bit Windows be it 2k, XP or Vista. It would be stupid to upvert to 64 bit for no rhyme or reason.

First I would have to wipe the computers and do a fresh install of 64 bit. and hope that the 64 bit drivers are available or find the drivers. Second I would have to reload all the software which for the most part is 32 bit in the first place.

Beyond that it doesn't make sense to update to 64 bit if there isn't a memory constraint to do so.

Perhaps as the machines are hardware upgraded it would make sense but even then it would be hard to warrant as 64 bit puts more a memory constraint on the system and 2 gigs is all that is needed run a business platform successfully.

My point is this. there is no real reason to run 64 bit unless you need more than 3.5 gig of system memory. (which I can assure you 95% of business systems do not need) or you have Math problems that require greater than 32 bit integer math (more a likely hood than the former especially in the financial field)

El

Mine is in the pipeline :p

Thanks to the Chinese people :D

It is simply because probably has not installed his graphics drivers or might be running something in the background that disables aero. But yes, no aero looks horrible yet still better than how it was in vista.

He's running the build on VMware - that's the reason.

I had plans to use Win 7 as primary OS after Beta 1. Let's see!

That damn baby blue color that showed its ugly head only in some areas of the Vista GUI, now it's all over the place!! Arghh! My eyes hurt from so much color lameness!! Please make it stop!!!

Baby blue + red + green + black + 1995 DISCO GRADIENTS + 1995 shareware fake 3D glass effects

If you were in art school and submitted something like this, your teacher would slap you. This is the kind of thing they teach you not to do in the first weeks of class, this is basic stuff!

Those colors + 1995 DISCO GRADIENTS do not have any reason to be in a GUI, let alone ANYTHING except maybe in the nightmare world of the chair-throwing Monkeyboy King. It's like the Bizarro World version of OS X.

Is Steve Ballmer colorblind, is that it?

How did MS let this happen? HOW?! Vista's GUI design is an atrocity. A GRAPHICAL ATROCITY!!! Exposure to that color scheme kills brain cells!

I'm mad because I don't want to be stuck looking at this **** for another five years. If you are in the beta, please do whatever you can to convince MS to fix the GUI.

Baby blue + red + green + black + 1995 DISCO GRADIENTS + 1995 shareware fake 3D glass effects

If you were in art school and submitted something like this, your teacher would slap you. This is the kind of thing they teach you not to do in the first weeks of class, this is basic stuff!

Those colors + 1995 DISCO GRADIENTS do not have any reason to be in a GUI, let alone ANYTHING except maybe in the nightmare world of the chair-throwing Monkeyboy King. It's like the Bizarro World version of OS X.

How did MS let this happen? HOW?! Vista's GUI design is an atrocity. A GRAPHICAL ATROCITY!!! Exposure to that color scheme kills brain cells!

I'm mad because I don't want to be stuck looking at this **** for another five years. If you are in the beta, please do whatever you can to convince MS to fix the GUI.

After years of seeing a lot of Windows themes, one thing is clear, no one agrees on anything. The best I can offer is that you patch your system, and apply a custom theme. :( .

Step back for a moment and think about what you're saying; Windows 7 is an unreleased OS that just hit Beta 1 status, when Windows Vista was at this stage it looked like this (I think you already know what it looks like today):

http://www.winsupersite.com/images/reviews...vista_b1_18.jpg

Complaining about the current theme is completely pointless, we have a ways to go before Microsoft starts to worry about the OS's theme.

Step back for a moment and think about what you're saying; Windows 7 is an unreleased OS that just hit Beta 1 status, when Windows Vista was at this stage it looked like this (I think you already know what it looks like today):

http://www.winsupersite.com/images/reviews...vista_b1_18.jpg

Complaining about the current theme is completely pointless, we have a ways to go before Microsoft starts to worry about the OS's theme.

I doubt that this time around. Microsoft are on a much tighter timescale with Win7, especially if the rumours of a summer RTM are true. If this is the case I would put my money on this GUI being exactly what ships in the final version. I don't mind so much as I quite like it.

Edited by iaTa

Can someone explain the taskbar to me? I've never seen it on this version of Windows. As a Mac user, would I be right in assuming it's become more like the dock, in launching and managing applications? Is the differentiation between running and a 'quick launch' icon simply whether text is alongside the application?

Its very different in some way but in some ways very similar to the Mac OS X dock

The bar of course using a docking feature (or pinning) allows you to pin programs to it

Just like the OS X dock you can click the icons and they will open, Once the program is opened

it becomes highlighted as a symbol that represents you have that program open.

In the right hand part of the bar there is also a small little button that can be pressed that takes you to the desktop

you can also hover over it, which gives you a small peak of the desktop.

Aero peek With the new taskbar is pretty cool too, When hovering over a program that is currently launched, the desktop

preview icons come up, and if you hover over them it shows you a real time preview of that window, very handy.

You can also right click programs to bring up something called a jump list, which is essentially a list of recent items/options

related to that program.

Of course there is also an orb on the left that brings up the start menu, it is very similar to vista.

By the way as a suggestion of a new feature, how about wobbly windows?

HEHE I just love that feature from linux =)