Fivestar Windows 7 Build 7000 x86 screenshots

Took no less than 20 mins to download and install. Very smooth and problem free.

Never could complete the download.... Source is very flaky. I guess I'll have to wait for the real Beta1 from MS.

By the way as a suggestion of a new feature, how about wobbly windows?

HEHE I just love that feature from linux Longhorn =)

It is good that they are not spending time on such trivial (and mostly useless) stuff ;) There are other more important things such as consistent look and feel where they should be spending more time IMO.

Baby blue + red + green + black + 1995 DISCO GRADIENTS + 1995 shareware fake 3D glass effects

If you were in art school and submitted something like this, your teacher would slap you. This is the kind of thing they teach you not to do in the first weeks of class, this is basic stuff!

Those colors + 1995 DISCO GRADIENTS do not have any reason to be in a GUI, let alone ANYTHING except maybe in the nightmare world of the chair-throwing Monkeyboy King. It's like the Bizarro World version of OS X.

Is Steve Ballmer colorblind, is that it?

How did MS let this happen? HOW?! Vista's GUI design is an atrocity. A GRAPHICAL ATROCITY!!! Exposure to that color scheme kills brain cells!

I'm mad because I don't want to be stuck looking at this **** for another five years. If you are in the beta, please do whatever you can to convince MS to fix the GUI.

Woah there tiger!

Those screenshots are misleading anyway, i assume it's being run in a virtual machine which turns off the Aero effects. Yes when the Aero is turned off it's an fugly beast but with Aero on i think it's the nicest looking GUI for Windows yet.

This is how i have my desktop set up...

Capture.png

...and this is with the task bar stretched so you can see the glass in all it's glory :p

Capture2.png

Baby blue + red + green + black + 1995 DISCO GRADIENTS + 1995 shareware fake 3D glass effects

If you were in art school and submitted something like this, your teacher would slap you. This is the kind of thing they teach you not to do in the first weeks of class, this is basic stuff!

Those colors + 1995 DISCO GRADIENTS do not have any reason to be in a GUI, let alone ANYTHING except maybe in the nightmare world of the chair-throwing Monkeyboy King. It's like the Bizarro World version of OS X.

Is Steve Ballmer colorblind, is that it?

How did MS let this happen? HOW?! Vista's GUI design is an atrocity. A GRAPHICAL ATROCITY!!! Exposure to that color scheme kills brain cells!

I'm mad because I don't want to be stuck looking at this **** for another five years. If you are in the beta, please do whatever you can to convince MS to fix the GUI.

What will you do?

I mean you're suppose to use an OS for functionality.

How did you get firefox like that?

Menu to the right of the buttons.

Simply drag the Firefox icon on the taskbar to the left/right to place it in whichever order you want. This can be done with any program icon on the taskbar, even ones that are not pinned and just opened.

What will you do?

I mean you're suppose to use an OS for functionality.

+1 My suggestion to you, toadeater, is to swallow it like a man and learn to deal with change. Change is a natural progression of life, and don't think this will be the last time either.

Still can't deal with it? I know a guy named Steve Jobs who would love to empty your wallet... :rolleyes:

(j/k, do whatever want)

How did you get firefox like that?

Menu to the right of the buttons.

You can right click on almost any button, but for simplicity, right click on the home button, then choose. "Customize".

Then, drag the home, back, forward, stop, reload, etc. buttons where ever you want them to be.

can somebody please compress the file so i can download, im in the military and here in iraq and 2.5 gigs will take me a month to download, can somebody please please help me out, thanks you please help

no no I bought this computer , but it would be nice if they gave them to us, yeah my connection is like 0.5 k a second, so yeah if anybody could help you would def make a soldiers holidays great.

You can right click on almost any button, but for simplicity, right click on the home button, then choose. "Customize".

Then, drag the home, back, forward, stop, reload, etc. buttons where ever you want them to be.

Exactly like that, just right click on the menubar select customize and then drag anything where you want it, for added space i then right click again and untick navigation bar and untick bookmark bar.

Wow, I'm surprised that beta 1 of Windows 7 has already been developed. I guess we can expect it in Q4 '09. Are there any plans to improve Windows Vista before/after the release of Windows 7?

Wow, I'm surprised that beta 1 of Windows 7 has already been developed. I guess we can expect it in Q4 '09. Are there any plans to improve Windows Vista before/after the release of Windows 7?

besides Vista sp2??

I would expect rtm around June early Jul 09, on store shelves by the first part of back to school time period for the 5 primary languages. and role out rest of languages as already laid out in 5 waves.

El

It may seem a little ignorant, but so soon after Vista, and from ive seen... Why would you upgrade from Vista? What are the compelling new features, besides the taskbar?

Speed, usability and more?

Speed, usability and more?

It's still not obvious to me, what's radically different to change the public and corporate perception of Vista, that's why i'm asking! After Vista, it would seem Microsoft really need to make 7 work to ween people from XP and of course Vista, but to me it looks like Vista with a new taskbar?!

Is there a huge jump in compatibility and/or reliability? Are resources reduced - it looks doubtful! I use Vista occassionally, it's not exactly alien to me!

It's still not obvious to me, what's radically different to change the public and corporate perception of Vista, that's why i'm asking! After Vista, it would seem Microsoft really need to make 7 work to ween people from XP and of course Vista, but to me it looks like Vista with a new taskbar?!

Is there a huge jump in compatibility and/or reliability? Are resources reduced - it looks doubtful! I use Vista occassionally, it's not exactly alien to me!

Resources are reduced. Hey! I have an idea, why not get the Beta 1 build and try for yourself? Afterall, we could tell you all what we are experiencing, but you won't know for yourself until you've tried it.

* I've corrected my post..

Edited by NeoFlux

It may seem a little ignorant, but so soon after Vista, and from ive seen... Why would you upgrade from Vista? What are the compelling new features, besides the taskbar?

On the outside, their may not be anything major. It has changes here and their and a lot under the hood. Here is just a few I can think of:

• The new supertaskbar
    Media Center and Player have had some fine tuning done
    Updated Caculator (Has more uses for people to use in their day to day activities)
    UAC is much better
    Paint and WordPad got a major update
    Has an XPS Viewer built in
    Windows help system is better.
    Home networking is more fine tuned

As you can see, Windows 7 is a worthy upgrade. It blows XP out of the water and for users of Vista, it will be a better overall.

Thanks - where can I read more about it? Surely there has to be more to it, than enhancements to WMP/Media Center, Wordpad & Paint (isn't it simply the adoption of the ribbon UI?) etc?!

NeoFlux, I work and use Mac OS X everyday on a MacBook Pro, I only really use Vista because some of our developers work in ASP.net so I have to build and test code in Visual Studio and alike. I don't enjoy working in Windows personally, but I have to use it occasionally. Hence my curiosity to find out more, without committing to installing a pre-release OS. I figure that was the purpose of this forum; to discuss Windows 7? Are you suggesting Windows 7 Beta 1 is an open beta? Seems strange, but alas, point me in the direction and if my workload slows down, I'll see if this time, 'Wow starts Now'...

Thanks - where can I read more about it? Surely there has to be more to it, than enhancements to WMP/Media Center, Wordpad & Paint (isn't it simply the adoption of the ribbon UI?) etc?!

NeoFlux, I work and use Mac OS X everyday on a MacBook Pro, I only really use Vista because some of our developers work in ASP.net so I have to build and test code in Visual Studio and alike. I don't enjoy working in Windows personally, but I have to use it occasionally. Hence my curiosity to find out more, without committing to installing a pre-release OS. I figure that was the purpose of this forum; to discuss Windows 7? Are you suggesting Windows 7 Beta 1 is an open beta? Seems strange, but alas, point me in the direction and if my workload slows down, I'll see if this time, 'Wow starts Now'...

Their are several places on the internet to look for info. All you have to do is search google or other search engines for Windows 7. As far as Windows 7 being an open beta, it will be a public beta sometime next month. I know it has leaked on Torrents and such, but if you want to wait, it should be out in about 2 weeks for the public to download direct from Microsoft.

The only way to be sure Windows 7 is right for you is to use the software. Everyone has their own opinion of the prebetas and beta.

no no I bought this computer , but it would be nice if they gave them to us, yeah my connection is like 0.5 k a second, so yeah if anybody could help you would def make a soldiers holidays great.

There's no such high compression to help you :(