Show us your workstations!

Ha! I have those speakers, and I adore them. I had that keyboard, too, till my daughter spilled a can of root beer on it. I've wanted an eeePC for a while now so I could try to Hackintosh it, but I've decided to wait till the Ion comes out this summer instead.

The speakers are pretty cool, for a 2:1 setup. I'm trying to remember how long I've had 'em, it's gotta be at least 5 years, possibly even 6, and they're perfect for what I want. If / When I upgrade to 5:1 I'm definitely gonna go for Creative again, as well as recycling the current 2:1 setup (I'll probably hook the laptop upto 'em). The keyboard I've only had for a few months, but so far I'm loving it - nice and comfortable to type on. Definitely recommend it to anyone

Tamilboy86 - That's what my setup wants to look like, when it grows up :)

Very nice Tamilboy86 (Y)
Yeah, it looks amazing (Y) good job.
Nice setup as always, Boz!

Nice one, too, Tamilboy :D

thx :)

The speakers are pretty cool, for a 2:1 setup. I'm trying to remember how long I've had 'em, it's gotta be at least 5 years, possibly even 6, and they're perfect for what I want. If / When I upgrade to 5:1 I'm definitely gonna go for Creative again, as well as recycling the current 2:1 setup (I'll probably hook the laptop upto 'em). The keyboard I've only had for a few months, but so far I'm loving it - nice and comfortable to type on. Definitely recommend it to anyone

Tamilboy86 - That's what my setup wants to look like, when it grows up :)

hehe... you only need a bigger table, then you have it :D

What kind of desk is that, Boz? And can we get a closeup of that photo on the wall with the stickynotes? Looks interesting. xD

It's Bush furniture. Modular collection. You pick modules and put them together.

I spent the whole weekend working around the house. Started yesterday in the yard, cut the grass and spread some seed; today was the inside day.

Long story short, I decided to clean up the home office....

As we start on down the line, we begin with my MacBook Pro, it is the early 2007 2.16 GHz model, I bumped it to 2GB of RAM. I haven't rebooted it since the last major OS revision, just keep putting it to sleep.

3377383768_8d7d9f276a.jpg

The Mini is the new 2009 model, I picked it up the day they dropped. I am getting by fine with the stock 1GB of RAM, but the 4GB upgrade is right around the corner. I must say, it was nice buying this on cash and not using AMEX.

3377398714_e7d06627e2.jpg

From the left are:

(VOL8) 500 GB MyBook, used for Time Machine.

(VOL5) 1000 GB WD Elements, used for pics, apps, tv shows, movies, 007, etc.

(VOL6) 1000 GB WD Elements, used for music (full albums)

3377387656_60093b873e.jpg

Here is the 40" LCD that my mini runs on, I also picked up the Bluetooth keyboard with the Mini.

3377385038_10633b4834.jpg

Printer, amp, switch, modem, router, blanks, etc, etc.

3376574001_8b3a0af8b2.jpg

All of the below drives are Acomdata 1000 GB drives.

From the left are:

(VOL1) 1000 GB, used for pics, apps, tv shows, movies, 007, etc.

(VOL2) 1000 GB, used for music (full albums)

(VOL3) Mirror to VOL1

(VOL4) Mirror to VOL2

3377390616_e2fa065837.jpg

On the opposite wall is my computer for remoting into work

3377393182_3c390daa47.jpg

Work computer is on the right, I also have another Windows box that I remote into from time to time. There are a few things that I just haven't been able to migrate over to the Mac (yet).

3377394714_74d4fb9e17.jpg

Down in the garage, I set up a (L-R) FreeNAS server, Windows 2003 Enterprise Server and Mac OSX Server. I am not doing too much with them yet, but it's more than collecting dust in the closet. They are connected to the rest of the network via the Airport Express on the power strip.

3376671773_8980c9e654.jpg

3376670563_6ddd5cd38e.jpg

3376673203_d6d642db62.jpg

3376674661_bb11209260.jpg

3377491792_8774c98c83.jpg

3377493076_7f7be89a6c.jpg

Here is the 40" LCD that my mini runs on, I also picked up the Bluetooth keyboard with the Mini.

3377385038_10633b4834.jpg

What resolution is the TV running at?

Networking hardware gives me thrills :wub:

Very nice pdmcmahon :yes:

I thought it was assumed that networking hardware gives every geek thrills :wub:

+Ruiz u should try ikea for a new desk. maybe a white one? that would be sweet.

As long as it fits the same form and functionality of my current one. :yes:

Moved to new house now..

img6009c.jpg

I totally curious as to where you got your stunning white desk.

I totally curious as to where you got your stunning white desk.

I can't remember its about 9-10 years old... I will get a new white desk after summer :)...

Man... What do you do for a living, pdmcmahon?

That looks cool..

I work for the greatest insurance company on the planet. I just nerd on the side.

What resolution is the TV running at?

1920x1080, I run the Mini DVI to DVI connector out of the Mac Mini, then use a DVI to HDMI cable. Because it isn't a pure connection, I lose the video every few hours. All I have to do is turn the TV off and on to get it back. I haven't been able to find a single cable that will go from Mini Display Port/Mini DVI to HDMI (or even component) yet.

Sorry for the poor quality my camera is very old lol.

th_Workstation.jpg

th_FXSystem.jpg

th_VPRMatrixSystem.jpg

th_OtherToys.jpg

Edited by Ely

That's what sucks about it. All these cool skins are coming out but the old Xbox doesn't have enough juice to run them smoothly (but it will run them).

I'm thinking of getting an Apple TV and putting XBMC on there along with Boxee (Y)

I would say is about time to cut off the xbox, it is hardware limited 8? plus year old platform. It is just holding back the development.

Moved to new house now..

img6009c.jpg

Looks very nice!

I would say is about time to cut off the xbox, it is hardware limited 8? plus year old platform. It is just holding back the development.

I'd be sad to see the Xbox development end (mine is still the main multimedia device in my living room), but I do agree that it's about that time.

Small update..

new iMac and Macbook Pro (unibody)...

escritorio032009t.jpg

[ ]

Dude, I am as straight as they come, but i LOVE that flooring.....

Small update..

new iMac and Macbook Pro (unibody)...

escritorio032009t.jpg

[ ]

is that a large row of dvds on the left there, BTW the set up looks great!

Dude, I am as straight as they come, but i LOVE that flooring.....

What does your sexual orientation have to do with loving a floor? :laugh:

is that a large row of dvds on the left there, BTW the set up looks great!

Thanks.

And yes, on the left is my dvd collection... :)