Show us your workstations!

Look what I got today at long last :p

myamazingmacbook.jpg

It's amazingly good. First Mac for me, loving it so far. Was originaly going to stick Vista on there but don't think I'll bother anymore as Leapord is so good :)

Now just need to find a way to install my 7200rpm hard drive

Edited by J400uk

Now just need to find a way to install my 7200rpm hard drive

Take battery out > remove 3 screws (torx) > remove L-shaped bracket > pull out the HD :)

Radish?

Damn can't find the torx screwdriver anywhere :(

Take battery out > remove 3 screws (torx) > remove L-shaped bracket > pull out the H:):)

Radish?

The hard drive bracket is torx. It was a mission to find a T8 torx screw driver to work with it, had to try like 5 different shops, after searching mine and 2 freinds garages unsucessfully.

Freshly cleaned and polished desktop today.

post-94202-1236805873_thumb.jpg

My very cheap 50,000:1 tele :)

post-94202-1236805926_thumb.jpg

Not sure why I'm adding this but meh they're cool.

post-94202-1236805907_thumb.jpg

^Nice setup, clean but not too clinical :)

The hard drive bracket is torx. It was a mission to find a T8 torx screw driver to work with it, had to try like 5 different shops, after searching mine and 2 freinds garages unsucessfully.

Maplin is your friend :p

I got my set of Torx for the same purpose

^ Nice. I could never find a virus-free matrix screensaver :p

I have one, virus free...

2cz68h0.jpg

Top left : Compaq Presario C740EM currently got windows 7 build 7057 installed, Intel Core 2 Duo 1.66ghz, 2gb ddr2 ram, 160gb HDD.

Bottom : Custom build year 2002 - I think, Windows XP Pro (installing tomorrow), Intel Pentium 3b 1ghz 348mb ram ddr, 40gb HDD.

Top Middle Screen : Hanns g HC154A (swapped it with my friends dad ( :p ) for an ISO I got off of my Technet Account) :D

Printer Top left : HP Deskjet D2460

Just some of the software in top Right : Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition Evaluation Disc ;) ,Outlook 2003, Ubuntu 8.04 (awaiting lastest version in the post), Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia Standard 2005, Windows XP Home OEM, Windows Vista Ultimate Retail.

P.S. Sorry for the bad quality, its with my w910i 2mp Phone.

Edited by djdanster

old pictures

3 desktops,

silver - Main RIG,

black RIG next to silver - Server/Renderer,

Black RIG next to HDTV - HTPC

HTPC running XBMC latest build

for bonus points spot the xbox 360 ;)

all guarded by my dragon

img3075hd6.jpg

img3076nd1.jpg

img3077oc1.jpg

img3078hd1.jpg

img3079wg4.jpg

img3080zz1.jpg

img3082op5.jpg

img3084hw0.jpg

Tis a Chameleon. Is yours friendly? I worked in a petstore and we had one that absolutely loved people. He would sit on our shoulders while we were running the register for hours on end.

Some really, really cool setups and systems - time to lower the tone quality wise, by posting up my lil system:

post-50796-1237139762_thumb.jpg

Asus Eee Box B202

17" (really) Samsung TFT Monitor

Wharfdale Freeview STB (Monitor has a Scart connection, as well as Picture-in-Picture)

Panasonic HDD / DVD Recorder (hardly used any more)

Philips 1.3Mp webcam

Netgeat Wireless Router

Creative 2.1 Speaker system (They're not that bad - the subwoofer in particular packs quite a punch, which is useful when you've got neighbours like mine :) )

post-50796-1237139971_thumb.jpg

Microsoft Keyboard & Mouse

workstation3_monitor_webcam.jpg

A better look at the Monitor, with Picture-in-Picture enabled, and the Webcam

workstation5_computer.jpg

The actual computer itself. I know Eee Boxs aren't everyones ideal machine, but I managed to get mine for less than ?160, because it was an ex-display model. I've reformatted the HDD, re-installed Windows, and upped the memory to 2GB. All in all, the machine cost me less than ?180, because I'd aleady got the monitor, keyboard, mouse etc.

Personally I'm really, really happy with the machine. It's powerful enough for what I use it for, which is mostly just browsing the 'net and office related work. The upgrade to 2GB has definitely made it a lot more speedy, though I never really noticed any problems with it before. I'm gonna upgrade to Windows Se7en once the RTM version is available.

What I like about the machine, is that it's virtually silent (when you're typing you flat out can't hear it, even when not typing it's barely audiable), it takes up a small amount of space, and because it uses an Intel Atom processor, it hardly uses any electricity - the machine has hardly been switched off since the beginning of February, and yet my last Electricity bill was actually a lil bit less than it usually is, which has gotta be a good sig:):)

In terms of future updates? Well I'm gonna replace the current workstation with a desk that fits fully into the available space, and then I'm gonna replace the current 17" monitor with 2 new 22" Samsung Monitors, hopefully by the middle of the year. So yep, that's my humble lil setup, it might not be everyones ideal system, but it works for m:):)

work setup , a bit dated , the HP has been replaced with a new Dell E6500

post-42710-1236988639_thumb.jpg

Can you please post a link to that Matrix screensaver? I had it a while ago, but lost it.