Show us your workstations!

Sorry about the mess, I am working on my thesis and as you can see I am drinking heavily :p. A bud and Canadian Club Whiskey

post-183823-1231476946_thumb.jpg

Nice setup, Titoist. That's what all of ours look like before we clean it :p

That in your room, or your flat?

post-276240-1231478548_thumb.jpg

Here's mine. Mind you, I'm 17, in High School, and can't find a job. So, I'm pretty content with what I have. Behind where I took the picture is my 360 and my TV.

The moniter is just temporary (I HOPE!!), the keyboard and mouse are 'borrowed' from school, and the tower I built out of spare parts I found. Well, I found the case, and ripped everything out except the CD drive and MB. I put in a couple HDD's, and an extra CD drive. I then bought a new graphics card and audio card, and for Christmas I got that external hard drive on top of the tower and also a wireless card. That big thing next to the tower is a scanner, bought new in...'97? Sometime around then. Also, the reason the case is missing the front is because I put in an extra fan beneath the power button, but the case was blocking it. So I have two fans, one in the back sucking in and the other in the front blowing out. I pride myself on my awesome desktop, but I need to buy a gig of RAM, however my mom says we can't afford it right now. Bleh.

My Gaming rig (about to throw on water cooling just trying to figure out where to mount my triple rad :wacko: ), a Dell Vista box and my little MacBook ^_^

sf8fma.jpg

Here's mine. Mind you, I'm 17, in High School, and can't find a job. So, I'm pretty content with what I have. Behind where I took the picture is my 360 and my TV.

The moniter is just temporary (I HOPE!!), the keyboard and mouse are 'borrowed' from school, and the tower I built out of spare parts I found. Well, I found the case, and ripped everything out except the CD drive and MB. I put in a couple HDD's, and an extra CD drive. I then bought a new graphics card and audio card, and for Christmas I got that external hard drive on top of the tower and also a wireless card. That big thing next to the tower is a scanner, bought new in...'97? Sometime around then. Also, the reason the case is missing the front is because I put in an extra fan beneath the power button, but the case was blocking it. So I have two fans, one in the back sucking in and the other in the front blowing out. I pride myself on my awesome desktop, but I need to buy a gig of RAM, however my mom says we can't afford it right now. Bleh.

What are your computer specs? Also, it is possible to pick up a multi-purpose printer for less than $30. Mine was $24 and ink cartriges are $7.99... so pretty cheap.

Not bad, you make due with what you have!

I used a 1.2GHz AMD Duron with 320MB RAM and Windows XP for the longest time (almost 4-5 years) before I got a new computer.

And my dad was on an almost 10 year old 350MHz Pentium II box running Windows 2000 and a 5GB hard drive until I upgraded it for him last month.

Looks good, but tbh, I would have went with a little more than a 400w psu, especially with a quad core. :p

I know, but I was short and needed a new PSU fast. My plan was to use this temporary then buy the Corsair 520w at a later time.

I know, but I was short and needed a new PSU fast. My plan was to use this temporary then buy the Corsair 520w at a later time.

The Corsair 400w has plenty of juice for that set up with that video card, shouldn't cause you any issue, could probably go up to a 9600GT/9800GT with no issue but that might be pushing it with those hard drives.

That's awesome! There's not a lot of high school kids that are has content as you are.

I am only 18 though haha.

Edit: Fixed double negative typo.

Edited by chconline

And you pwn me, although you are 5 years younger than myself, chc...

Nice setup for a low income, Veckin :)

My desk, took a pic since it may be the only time in the year that I will have a clean desk lol!

Nothing special other than my lovely MacBook Unibody :D

The rest is my iPod Touch 2ndGen 16GB, an Acer H213H 21.5" 1080P screen. Sure it's not high quality, but it still rocks :p

I also have a Logitech X-540 5.1 Kit and a G9 mouse. As keyboard, it's the MSFT WLD 7000 3Gen, and for gaming I have a Ideazon Fang.

post-66198-1231566945_thumb.jpg

And a special LOL for Louis ;)

Yeah, G.Skill is great. I use 2x2gb 800 in my main system. Had to RMA one stick, but that was easy and quick.

Well, so finally I got round to putting my new system in, only taken me a year or so :p

This is my old setup

post-28640-1231697154.jpg

This is my new one

post-28640-1231697171_thumb.jpg

Alot more faster and I love my new monitors 2x24" HP w2448hc