Windows 7 Official Public Beta

Did Microsoft actually ever confirm that the release was going to be today? I thought it was always just plain ol' "Early January", and there was no "Microsoft Approved" date to go with that.

Yep, they never actually gave an exact date.

If it's not today then it'll just be when CES starts. So you'll have to wait an extra 2 days, not much.

Did Microsoft actually ever confirm that the release was going to be today? I thought it was always just plain ol' "Early January", and there was no "Microsoft Approved" date to go with that.

oh *cries*

:pinch:

What's the point of releasing it if pretty much everyone that currently has it acquired it illegally? Are you simple?

7003 is the START of the RTM build. Clearly can't read either.

RTM ??? who said that .

it is Release candidate 7004+ from what i heard

If it's not today then it'll just be when CES starts. So you'll have to wait an extra 2 days, not much.

still wishing it is now , since i will have more time to try/test stuffs..... etc.... (i have a holiday for few days :) )

Well It wont be released at least until Steve Ballmer gives his speech in the key notes about windows 7 and the future of Xbox at CES 2009 on the 7th of January. Which is infact 2 days from now :happy:

About the updates they may include... As far as I remember you can add certain MSU files (update stuff) in some folder on the DVD image (without changing the actual install image) that will get installed during the installation of Windows. (If it's not true, don't blame me!)

Windows 7 is perhaps the best Windows ever made.

It's super fabulous!

LOL.... Win7 is Vista with new stuff in it and it's a little bit faster/snappier.

But it's still Vista at the core level....

LOL.... Win7 is Vista
with new stuff in it and it's a little bit faster/snappier

:wacko:

LOL.... Win7 is Vista with new stuff in it and it's a little bit faster/snappier.

Yeah, so that means it is better than Vista, which means it can qualify as the best OS ever...

In my opinion, Windows 7 is what Windows Vista should have been (in other words, it's basically Longhorn realized).

I wouldn't call it a realisation of Longhorn. Windows 7 is more of a sanitised version of Windows Vista: Much more efficient on resources, with a cleaned up GUI and some really compelling new features - the Libraries for example are a great idea.

Win7 is good. Of course, it's easy to tell that it looks like Vista, but there are changes all over. It's also a lot faster, especially in the Computer. The control panel is a lot faster too. I'll be buying when it's released.

With the link still not live and the work day almost over, seems pretty convincing the release will coincide with Ballmer's Pre-CES keynote on Wednesday.

It seems to me that Jan 7th would be a better day to release a project named Seven, but hey what do I know?

Hey, it actually makes sense from a marketing standpoint and if they were really superstitious. I would not be surprised if the RC, RTM, and retail launch were all marked for release on the 7th of their respective months.

What's the point of releasing it if pretty much everyone that currently has it acquired it illegally? Are you simple?

SIMPLY because MS is awaiting feedback and bugs from its OFFICIAL beta-testers;

SIMPLY because the feedback engine within Windows 7 b7000 is not fully functional without a VALID product key, sent to testers through the Connect website, and activated online;

SIMPLY because... oh, WTF, can't stand those know-nothing...

SIMPLY because MS is awaiting feedback and bugs from its OFFICIAL beta-testers;

SIMPLY because the feedback engine within Windows 7 b7000 is not fully functional without a VALID product key, sent to testers through the Connect website, and activated online;

SIMPLY because... oh, WTF, can't stand those know-nothing...

In case you have not heard, the feedback engine was mysteriously activated today for everyone, even those of us who have not entered an MS-issued activation key. See this thread...

With the link still not live and the work day almost over, seems pretty convincing the release will coincide with Ballmer's Pre-CES keynote on Wednesday.

Hey, it actually makes sense from a marketing standpoint and if they were really superstitious. I would not be surprised if the RC, RTM, and retail launch were all marked for release on the 7th of their respective months.

Almost over? It's just after noon in redmond. Granted, I'm not expecting a public beta today, anyway (maybe tech beta testers get it, but thats it), but its a bit early to call it a day.

In case you have not heard, the feedback engine was mysteriously activated today for everyone, even those of us who have not entered an MS-issued activation key. See this thread...

My bad; but it doesn't change a thing: why would MS skip the release anyway??? Certainly not because it leaked...