Windows 7 Official Public Beta

***BAD NEWS EVERYONE***

Windows 7 beta 1 release will be postponed until the 9th [carried CNbeta]

CES Windows 7 Blogger Mary-Jo Foley Windows 7beta ,It is reported that until Microsoft will be January 7 (U.S. local time, the same below) of Ballmer CES keynote address on the release Windows 7 public beta, but according to well-known Microsoft Blogger Mary-Jo Foley said that she had received from Microsoft It was informed that the Windows 7 desktop version of the beta 1 will be postponed until January 9 release.

Well we just have to wait.

Is there a 64 Bit version available of the current 7000 release and / or will there be in the public beta?

I'm pretty sure there is but i'm not to say where is lol

***BAD NEWS EVERYONE***

CES Windows 7 Blogger Mary-Jo Foley Windows 7beta ,It is reported that until Microsoft will be January 7 (U.S. local time, the same below) of Ballmer CES keynote address on the release Windows 7 public beta, but according to well-known Microsoft Blogger Mary-Jo Foley said that she had received from Microsoft It was informed that the Windows 7 desktop version of the beta 1 will be postponed until January 9 release.

on noes what ever will we do ? only two more days to wait !!! ;)

I'm pretty sure there is but i'm not to say where is lol

ive looked and haven't found it yet on tpb or the demon ! :crazy:

on noes what ever will we do ? only two more days to wait !!! ;)

ive looked and haven't found it yet on tpb or the demon ! :crazy:

Anyway the good old days of Vista beta days when they kept delaying releases lol

Even XP and Windows Millenium lol

Microsoft is good at postponing :)

***BAD NEWS EVERYONE***

There was speculation that the public beta could lag behind by a week, but she has since updated her blog:

Update: Nope. It’s going to be sooner, not later. The latest word: The public beta of Win 7 client is due to hit Friday, January 9, according to a source familiar with Microsoft’s plans. The public beta of Win 7 Server is due to hit a day earlier, January 8, the source added.

edit: I could have sworn you said the 13th. Oh well. I've included the link to the blog post anyway :).

***BAD NEWS EVERYONE***

What about the laptop version? /endsarcasm

Oh well. 3 more days.. Cant be that bad...

Anyway the good old days of Vista beta days when they kept delaying releases lol

Even XP and Windows Millenium lol

Microsoft is good at postponing :)

They could just not release a public beta at all...

-Spenser

lol Windows doesn't have a so called Laptop version, Windows 7 was designed to run on laptops better with better battery life etc etc

If you want a Laptop version you will be waiting along time, I said 13th for CES 2009, when anyone who participates that gets a Beta disc on the door.

anyone know if the public beta download will be limited (in numbers or time) or open to anyone and their grandmother's lolcat for a relatively long period of time?

Most likely it's up for grabs from anyone in January, then they'll charge $2.50 a pop for anyone else thereafter.

Similar thing happened with Office 2007 and Vista.

I hope MS will do that deal where you sign up and they ship the beta version to you for free like they did with MS Vista Beta's and Preview Beta's. I still have my copies lol Beta 1, Beta 2, RC and Preview :p i would never install them total driver failure lol instability

I hope MS will do that deal where you sign up and they ship the beta version to you for free like they did with MS Vista Beta's and Preview Beta's. I still have my copies lol Beta 1, Beta 2, RC and Preview :p i would never install them total driver failure lol instability

bah.. i still have the RC1/2 of winxp.... :D that was the real deal matey :D vista... bah there's no such thing as vistah..

bah.. i still have the RC1/2 of winxp.... :D that was the real deal matey :D vista... bah there's no such thing as vistah..

Please dont tell me your using xp... :no:

first screens of OFFICIAL BETA 1

5183.jpeg

5184.jpeg

5185.jpeg

MICROSOFT.WINDOWS.7.BETA.7000.0.081212-1400.ULTIMATE.X64.ENGLISH.DVD

Description:Microsoft Windows 7 Beta 1 x64 DVD ISO - the official beta 1 version

File Name:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.ISO

Size: xxxxxxxxxxxxx bytes (3.15 GB).

MD5: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

SHA-1: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Saturday, December 13, 2008 8:56:58 AM

i was right...the only official beta 1 is only x64bit, cool microsoft..cool..

Edited by ale0crysis