Windows 7 Official Public Beta

I can get into connect, however for the past month I cant get into my dashboard... Can anyone help? :(

You have to contact connect, it's a permissions error which only they can fix, i had the same problems.

Strangely enough soon after i posted that Connect was down it started working for me and has done all evening until about 5 mins ago when it suddenly ceased to be :s

weird... now it's throwing up an error saying i don't have the credentials to view the page (just the connect home page)

Same here. It's fluffing up on and off. What are those Microsoft folks up too?

I am able to go to my Dashboard, but if I go to 'Windows Beta Programs' which I used to access Vista Beta, it is throwing error. Not sure whether that would be the place Win 7 beta would turn up or they are removing that entirely, lol.

wow.. so even the windows live site is down....

Sorry, the page you're trying to reach is temporarily unavailable or the page may no longer exist.

OMG :o WINDOWS 7 ISnot OUT!!!!

They may be uploading and updating it as we speak o.o

i think you guys are looking too deeply into this. i don't see the beta being out until after tomorrow closer to the weekend.

i think you guys are looking too deeply into this. i don't see the beta being out until after tomorrow closer to the weekend.

nah not really looking deep into it, just commenting that a few MS sites are down or misbehaving today.

When the beta comes it comes... i can wait lol

The Beta releasing and the traffic of the websites, will not bring the websites down, there servers are massive. Super computers.

:laugh: maybe. In the past, just before new beta builds came up, connect would have a fit. Just like now.

I mean I can sympathize for the hype which is one of the reasons I'm not getting too involved here. But Windows 7 is fantastic, yes it's not that big on consumer features but that's what 3rd party software is for. Microsoft is clearly doing the right thing by not making a "tugjob OS", they're just keeping it shaved and lubed up :laugh:

MS, Plz to gief Win 7, kthxbai.

Connect probably taking a hammering right now for no reason, just because it is January 7 in some places, still is the 6th in the US :)

I really want to try Windows 7 through legit means :/

technically you can "try it" in Beta and use the 35 day evaluation time bomb. If the EULA states otherwise then forget my previous statement.

anyone know if the public beta download will be limited (in numbers or time) or open to anyone and their grandmother's lolcat for a relatively long period of time?

What you are asking is not in clearer enough terms, rephrase please and then we can answer.

It obviously will be available all the time till their next Public release which will be RC and that will also be available to all mum's, Milf's and grandmothers :p lol

There is no limit, you can waste your bandwidth if you like :D

technically you can "try it" in Beta and use the 35 day evaluation time bomb. If the EULA states otherwise then forget my previous statement.

Well, the 30 day 'evaluation' time bomb is to enter the serial, not a trial-mode and I'm pretty sure that goes for beta software as well?

And by legit I mean a proper key, downloading through a Microsoft source etc.