Incredimail 2 Beta Now Available For Testing

Scorbing

The new Incredimail 2 Beta is looking good. I have never been a fan of it but this time I think they are actually doing it right. They seem to have listened to the users. This version is very light and the UI response is excellent and not bloated at all, unlike its predecessor which was slow and bloated. Here's some screenshots of the Beta:

cc664324301954.gif 3467d824301960.gif 140b4c24301967.gif

Download Incredimail 2 here: Incredimail 2

UPDATE: *** OUT OF BETA *** - FINAL VERSION AVAILABLE NOW

Edited by Scorbing
Martin_Hell

It looks good:) Right now i'm using Zimbra though but i might try this one later and give my opinion:)

Sillysam
+1

+1 as well, I was not even aware they were still developing this as of the late 90's

Lt-DavidW

I hate it when Incredimail users send me email. Thanks for all the smilies, you're really clever on a computer you.

Kudo
I hate it when Incredimail users send me email. Thanks for all the smilies, you're really clever on a computer you.

So do I :crazy:

Rudy

and I thought the original was bad enough lol

Des

I'll stay with my Thunderbird, Thank you. =)

Scorbing

Incredimail was designed with the "computer dummy" in mind. It is the type of email client you would install on your grandma or kids computer. People who know nothing about computers, configuring email, etc will benefit from Incredimail as it is super easy to use and practically configures itself without hardly any user interaction. I think the new version looks great and works great, compared to the previous which was bloated as hell, but me personally, I wouldn't use it for my personal emails. I use Windows Live Mail and I am happy with that. I hate thunderbird's interface so I don't use it.

Anyways, I posted the article for those interested since I know there is people in this forum that do use it and like it. So to those who do enjoy it, have fun!

Denis W.

Okay, to their credit that looks better than their Luna-inspired design way back then.

However, I'd take Windows Live Mail and Thunderbird over this anyday. Those large emoticons - nothing's more annoying than opening your mail and your speakers get raped with a loud HELLLLOOOOOOOOO!

Kudo
- nothing's more annoying than opening your mail and your speakers get raped with a loud HELLLLOOOOOOOOO!

If I am not mistaking you can disable all the sounds and animation effects.

TheDogsBed

Like Scorbing says, it has a very certain and confined userbase in the main and that is people who can't, for whatever reason, use the more advanced mail clients. My neighbour uses Incredimail despite me telling him the downsides. For him, there are no downsides - it just works and that's all he's bothered about. Horses for courses and all that...

Me, I think it looks crap, and that includes the new version. :)

+Frank B.
:x :x :x :x :x :x :x

I agree with your sentiment.

+John Teacake

Didnt this app have spyware before?

Lee G.

+1 It's hideous

jingarelho
So do I :crazy:

+1

MindTooth

I guy at work came by using this, made me vomit.

Birger :x

Ironman273
The new Incredimail 2 Beta is looking good. I have never been a fan of it but this time I think they are actually doing it right. They seem to have listened to the users. This version is very light and the UI response is excellent and not bloated at all, unlike its predecessor which was slow and bloated. Here's some screenshots of the Beta:

Wow, that's horrible.

Also, if it's aimed at non-users it may not be the type of "Back Page News" Neowin would be interested in. Maybe ILoveMyCat.com or QuiltingQuarterly.net have forums this could be posted in... :D

Scorbing
Wow, that's horrible.

Also, if it's aimed at non-users it may not be the type of "Back Page News" Neowin would be interested in. Maybe ILoveMyCat.com or QuiltingQuarterly.net have forums this could be posted in... :D

Incredimail was designed with the "computer dummy" in mind. It is the type of email client you would install on your grandma or kids computer. People who know nothing about computers, configuring email, etc will benefit from Incredimail as it is super easy to use and practically configures itself without hardly any user interaction.

DanManIt

I remember when this first came out....so stupid

Ironman273
Incredimail was designed with the "computer dummy" in mind. It is the type of email client you would install on your grandma or kids computer. People who know nothing about computers, configuring email, etc will benefit from Incredimail as it is super easy to use and practically configures itself without hardly any user interaction.

I guess you missed the point I was trying to make about Neowin not being a haven of "computer dummies." Hence the reference to sites Grandma might feel more comfortable in. :/

• 7 months later...
Scorbing

Well Incredimail 2 is finally out of Beta so tell your grandmas.