[Official] Ghostbusters The Video Game

19173_normal.jpg

The sequel to the theatrical release of Ghostbusters 2 comes in the form of a video game. All of the original Ghostbusters return to reprise their roles in this follow-up.

Publisher: Atari

Developer: Terminal Reality, Red Fly Studios

Platforms: Xbox 360, Playstation 3, PC, Playstation 2, Nintendo Wii, DS

Release Date: 6/16/2009

PC System Requirements:

Minimum System Requirements

CPU: Dual-core Any Intel? or AMD? or faster

RAM: 2 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA? GeForce? 8400 512 MB or ATI?Radeon? X1300 512 MB, Shader 3.0 Required

Sound: DirectX? 9.0c compatible

Hard Drive: 9 GB or more available hard drive space

Disc Drive: DVD-ROM drive.

Input: Keyboard and Mouse or Xbox 360? compatible controller

DirectX? 9.0c

Recommended System Requirements

CPU: Dual-core Any Intel? or AMD? or faster

RAM: 2 GB

Graphics: NVIDIA? GeForce? 8800 512 MB or ATI? Radeon? HD2900 512 MB, Shader 3.0 Required

Sound: DirectX? 9.0c compatible

Hard Drive: 9 GB or more available hard drive space

Disc Drive: DVD-ROM drive

Input: Keyboard and Mouse or Xbox 360? compatible controller

Direct X:DirectX? 9.0c :DTeaser 1 : Don't Cross the StreamsCross the Streams

[url=http://www.gametrailers.com/player/28008.html]http://www.gametrailers.com/playeTeaser 2: Don't look directly into the trap!to the trap!

[url=http://www.gametrailers.com/player/45125.html]http://www.gametrailers.com/playeAtari Live Trailer:ri Live Trailer:

[url=http://www.gametrailers.com/player/43328.html]http://www.gametrailers.com/playeSome Pics :

Some Pics :

944011_20080626_screen001.jpg

944011_20090122_screen002.jpg

944011_20090122_screen003.jpg

944011_20090122_screen004.jpg

944011_20081202_screen003.jpg

GhostBusters_TheVideoGame_0100.jpg

GhostBusters_TheVideoGame_0102.jpg

GhostBusters_TheVideoGame_0103.jpg

PS2/Wii Pics

GhostBusters_TheVideoGame_0104.jpg

GhostBusters_TheVideoGame_0105.jpg

GhostBusters_TheVideoGame_0106.jpg

I will update as more updates come in!

Otherwise, Discuss! This is the GB game we have been waiting for!

Edited by Razorwing

Honestly, I was so excited for this game as I have always been a huge GB fan since I was a kid. I watched a trailer last night over at GameTrailers though and it looks like ass. Not just graphically, but overall it just looked really really bad imo.

I'm really hoping it was just a bad trailer, all the screenshots I've seen make it look really nice, but in motion..:/ I just hope it turns out good afterall

Honestly, I was so excited for this game as I have always been a huge GB fan since I was a kid. I watched a trailer last night over at GameTrailers though and it looks like ass. Not just graphically, but overall it just looked really really bad imo.

I'm really hoping it was just a bad trailer, all the screenshots I've seen make it look really nice, but in motion..:/ I just hope it turns out good afterall

are you sure? They all look fine to me.lol. Watch Teaser 2.. that's the most updated. And Honestly, it WILL look better on 1080p :D

Yeah man, teaser 2 is the video I watched last night. I'm really disappointed by it :(

Like I said, its not even just the graphics that look "bad", it just doesn't look fun :/ I hope I'm wrong though!

What I do like the look of is the screenshots you posted, particularly the one in first person view in the library. Hopefully we get quite a bit of "Condemned" style gameplay :yes: I can't see moving room to room zapping ghosts being much fun, so if it's broken up with some "detective work" then awesome (Y)

still waiting for the first idiot to post the 4chan image "who you gonna carr"

Yeah man, teaser 2 is the video I watched last night. I'm really disappointed by it :(

Like I said, its not even just the graphics that look "bad", it just doesn't look fun :/ I hope I'm wrong though!

What I do like the look of is the screenshots you posted, particularly the one in first person view in the library. Hopefully we get quite a bit of "Condemned" style gameplay :yes: I can't see moving room to room zapping ghosts being much fun, so if it's broken up with some "detective work" then awesome (Y)

still waiting for the first idiot to post the 4chan image "who you gonna carr"

well from previews, it's gonna be some detective work to fill up your Tobin Spirit Guide, and also it's going to be as scary as F.E.A.R. so.. I am having high hopes on it.

I lost interest in this game. Now I'm excited again...

What Should Stay The Same?

Details, Details: This game is detailed from head to toe. Your Proton Pack alone, which doubles as your HUD, is just gushing with all sorts of tiny animations and intricacies. Using your PK meter while scanning enemies or items reveals background information and history. Characters will even get covered in marshmallow and slime. Lots of little things I'm sure were added with all the extra polish time.

Destruction: None of the environment pieces are really nailed down at all. Everything can be destroyed, or at least knocked around. I was told each and every book in the library level, which totals over 1000, can individually be shot off the shelf. Paintings will fall off the wall. Air conditioners explode into pieces. It really adds another layer of visual flair and realism.

It's like Ghostbusters 3: It's rare for a game to not only have the original writers from the movie series, but the original voice actors, too. That, to me, makes the game seem and feel very authentic. The characters not only sound like they should, but act as well. There's also plenty of story references and nods to the original two movies, some so minor that only hardcore fans will pick up on.

Big Bosses: Stay Puft is only a mid-sized level boss. Hopefully this means most of the rest are just as large and engaging.

Final Thoughts

I came away really impressed with Ghostbusters: The Video Game, even in this short 20 minute demo. It plays sorta similar to Gears of War ? it even includes its own "rodie run." When you add solid, fun gameplay with terrific writing and voice acting, it usually means good things will happen.

Those screen shots look so nice. And the fact they were able to convince the original cast to do the voice acting (unless I read one) gives me a good feeling about this game.

This could be unusually epic.. or this could be unusually crap.

From all the early reviews I'm reading it says it could be epic.

As one of the biggest Ghostbusters fans around when I was like eight... I cannot wait for this.

• 2 weeks later...
I think there is something wrong with me, I actually like the Wii screens better than the 360/PS3's...:blink:

Nope, same here :p

I just looked at them and thought, heh, Wii?!

This game will definatley be huge when it comes out. I think it's soo funny that activision dropped such a game. this game is the next gem for 2009.

whats even better is the fact that now atari can now polish the game to their likings, instead of rushing it out too early like activision.

• 3 weeks later...

a bit of Multiplayer info

Unique Multiplayer Features:

Play as one of the Ghostbusters: Choose to play as any one of the four original Ghostbusters or the rookie;

Unique Achievements: Players are given scores and ranks for each match that are also applied to their online profile. Difficulty scaling is available according to rank;

6 Unique Power-ups: To help players on even the trickiest of jobs, unique power-ups such as the Ghost Shrinker or Ethereal Shield are available;

Limited Ammunition: To ensure teamwork, players must pick up ammunition for each type of equipment with ammunition levels being shown on the proton pack;

Unique AI Features: To add another dimension to the hunting, wrangling and trapping experience of being a Ghostbuster, ghosts have unique AI features such as more aggressive behaviour, the power to sabotage traps and the ability to fuse with other ghosts;

Full VOIP support: Voice support for both Xbox 360 and PS3 allows for easy communication between players

Two Multiplayer Co-op Game Modes:

Instant Action: Players can test their mettle in a variety of Job Types across a selection of 12 different maps to see if they?ve got what it takes to be a true Ghostbuster;

Campaign Mode: players work through one of four different environments busting ghosts to earn cash and upgrade their equipment.

12 maps across 4 themed environments:

Library

Streets

Cemetery

Museum

Six Unique Job Types:

Survival: Survive a paranormal onslaught

Containment: Capture all the ghosts

Destruction: Eliminate mysterious artefacts to prevent spawning ghosts

Protection: Protect Egon?s devices

Thief: Save the artefacts from being stolen by ghosts

Slime Dunk: Dunk the most Slimers

Online Multiplayer Features:

Leaderboards and player statistics: have you got what it takes to be the world?s greatest Ghostbuster?

Ranking: Skill and rank based matchmaking is available.

Most Wanted Ghosts: these ghosts appear are special ghosts that appear mid game based on the experience of the current players - it?s your job to trap them all.

New Video guys! Looks amazing....

http://www.gamecinemahd.com/game/ghostbust...e/videos/18712/

Just loved the way Venkman taps on Ray's shoulder.. Priceless!

edit: guys, check out the demo video aswell.. it's new. AND Spoiler Alert! If you guys don't want to be spoiled don't watch the demo video!

Just a comparison with dynamic lighting..

New

26588172.jpg

Old

50382519.jpg

Edited by Razorwing