Windows 7 Build 7057 x86

so how can we confirm this is RC build? i don't remember vista doing that.

Microsoft itself said they were on time to deliver the RC build by next month. This is probably NOT the build officially reaching out to everyone next month, but it almost seems obvious that this IS, in fact, an RC build.

Microsoft wants to make it possible for people to upgrade from beta 7000, to RTM, and then instead of reverting to Vista or XP etc, to be able to buy a retail release of Windows 7 and install it from RTM. For some, like businesses, or just those who are unable to afford a new OS at launch. They can save up their money to buy it, or businesses who are testing deplyoments of Windows 7, can factor in the costs of upgrading permanently.

Wrong. If you'll remember, the Vista RC builds didn't expire until around May of 2007, far after the release of RTM. If I recall, the RC builds usually have longer expiration periods.

In that case, Windows 7 will RTM in month of October :p . or Atleast before Christmas

Complete by the start of summer with release to businesses and enterprises, with Retail to stores and OEM new PCs coming end of summer or start of Autumn, hopefully in time for Students starting College and Uni, looking for upgrades or new machines.

Complete by the start of summer with release to businesses and enterprises, with Retail to stores and OEM new PCs coming end of summer or start of Autumn, hopefully in time for Students starting College and Uni, looking for upgrades or new machines.

i doubt it man, your pushing it. i still say late fall or by x-mas.

Edited by smooth3006

i doubt it man, your pushing it. i stall say late fall or by x-mas.

Why? That excludes them from a huge rush of people buying PCs for back to school. It would make perfect sense from a sales standpoint for them to have it available for Fall semester.

The LogonUI graphic looks like it's straight out of DeviantArt. It looks quite nice, just not very Microsofty. No doubt it'll look beautiful on Best Buy's shelves, gleaming on rows of glossy laptops, but it just doesn't seem to match the toned-down simplicity the rest of the UI seems (seemed?) to be reaching for. :-/

lol ur right in a way

it really looks like the images frm deviantart

*Laughing at the noobies asking for DL links:p:p

lol

go ahead laug:p:p

but i really need a link for downloading

all i know until now

is that this torrent is available on a russian torrent site

dunno nething else

lol

go ahead laugh :p

all i know until now

dunno nething else

MININOVA

who leaks all of these builds anyways?

I think they release interim builds to their partners, ISV, OEM's and others. The builds aren't watermarked to the individual/org so it's only a matter of time before they're freed.

lol

go ahead laugh :p

all i know until now

dunno nething else

Quick question: Why do you need a download link? Is it life or death?

When its x86, everyone goes crazy . But when one lucky build comes out for x64 only, most people whine. Sad.

Oh well, at least I will gracefully sit out until another x64 leak comes out. The screenshots are looking good.

grabbing it now .. 7057.0.090305-2000_x86fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GB1CULFRER_EN.iso

Retail?

will have it in about 2 hours

Yeah it went on shelfs the other day. Where the hell have you been?