Windows 7 Build 7057 x86

Actually I just mount the ISO and install right off the desktop. Works just as good without all the hassle. But of course, if I had a small USB lying around to format and make bootable, I probably would do the same.

Mounting to the desktop means you can only 'update' the opertating system though doesn't it, rather than install it onto a seperate partition? I'm thinking of installing my 7000 build, which I've been debating installing :)

how so? in vista you needed a modded file to place in system32.

Well it need modding because it wasn't provided by Microsoft. They could obviously make it possible, no?

In any case I am speculating :p Still 90mins to go here ... :(

I do hope that 7057 will clean up some remaining graphical quirks that continued to linger on in 7048...

well if we cant use our beta keys then how do we activate it then? are they going to release new keys for the rc build?

Use the public keys.

Mounting to the desktop means you can only 'update' the opertating system though doesn't it, rather than install it onto a seperate partition? I'm thinking of installing my 7000 build, which I've been debating installing :)

im pretty sure it will reboot your pc and you can do a full install? i remember that from the vista beta days.

Use the public keys.

all of my keys are public anyways, so im good.

Start Menu (Aero Off)

post-248102-1236824138_thumb.png

jesus those icons don't mix well at all. what the hell were they thinking?

New Buildtag:

post-248102-1236824061.png

Start Menu (Aero Off)

post-248102-1236824138_thumb.png

I think these are new:

post-248102-1236824238.png

ooh nice

i can see two changes here

1- different user account picture

2- New Remote desktop icon ( NOT SURE THOUGH )

Geez still the disgusting blue taskbar. Language bar still has vista gradient not the crappy blue colour it should have if they want to make it consistent. new login/shutdown screen is definitely better then horrid betafish aurora looking thing.

ummm report something you are not supposed to be using in the first place? That's a bad idea. Also a bad idea to use connect keys on leaked builds... c'mon people.. use common sense :huh:

It does not matter if you are using a leaked build or not because MS will take the build regardless of what beta you are using. MS by now should know that any build that is released to testers outside of the company has a chance of getting leaked and they usually do it with the intention people will provide feedback even on a leaked built.

So send as much feedback as you can. It can only get better from now until RTM.

Geez still the disgusting blue taskbar. Language bar still has vista gradient not the crappy blue colour it should have if they want to make it consistent. new login/shutdown screen is definitely better then horrid betafish aurora looking thing.

You dont like that 'horrid betafish aurora' style but yet you use it as your signature background?? :blink:

Has the start menu always been that blueish color when in the aero basic theme? Looks different to me.

Yep, that is just how it is. But you can always go into the personalize control panel and adjust the colors to whatever you want if it really bothers you.

ooh nice

i can see two changes here

1- different user account picture

2- New Remote desktop icon ( NOT SURE THOUGH )

All the icons are the same. The Desktop Gadget Gallery has been changed to Sidebar.

Also is user Accounts change your picture, there are some new ones..

yay? honestly i don't see much difference so far from build 7048. im sure ill skip this and wait for RC next month.

Yep, that is just how it is. But you can always go into the personalize control panel and adjust the colors to whatever you want if it really bothers you.

I just remember it being a more of a black color.

You dont like that 'horrid betafish aurora' style but yet you use it as your signature background?? :blink:

You're right it's due for a change.

Anyone else think that, if made into an animation, the background of the startup/shutdown screen would be a beautiful screensaver?