How many DVDs do you own?

I was just curious. Approximately, how many DVDs do you own?

The reason I ask because I feel like I could win the award for having the most DVDs. I have over 150 different titles. I?m not at home now, so I can?t give an exact number. I would?ve had a lot more DVDs, but I sold many of them on Ebay because there were some I wasn?t watching anymore and I was running low on shelf space. Almost everyone I know doesn?t even have half the amount of DVDs I have. I am just a DVD freak. I rarely watch stuff on cable now. It?s nice to just pop in a DVD and watch whatever you want, whenever you want. So, am I alone here?

The reason I ask because I feel like I could win the award for having the most DVDs. I have over 150 different titles.

Seriously? Click the link in my sig, and I'm nowhere near as nuts as many others. 150 is small change, and mine also.

little over 300

Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one that likes to buy DVDs.

Seriously? Click the link in my sig, and I'm nowhere near as nuts as many others. 150 is small change, and mine also.

I just checked the link. I see you counted each disc on your TV show season sets as a different title. If that's the case, then I own over 200 DVDs then as I own over 5 different TV shows. I can give an exact number when I get home tonight. I'll see if I can set up a DVD profile like you.

I've got over 400 individual titles. I had to stop about 1.5 year ago because I just didn't have the space for it. It also doesn't help when you've got another 1500+ CDs. I realized much too late how much effort went into maintaining all of it. It was surprisingly easy to let go when you recognize that you just don't need to own every damn movie/tv show/etc you like.

At a guess, somewhere between 650 - 700. I sold a couple of hundred at the start of the year, and haven't really brought that many new DVDs since then (less than 20 since the start of the year).

What can I say? Previously most of my wages went straight on DVDs, there's about ?15,000 worth of DVDs on that wall. Now, I've got more important things to spend the money on (i.e. utility bills, food bills, repayments etc, etc) so I haven't brought as many as before - I think, off the top of my head I brought less than 200 last year, and I probably won't buy 100 this year, 'cause I'm gonna switch to Blu-Ray over the summer.

That being said, I do still buy some terrible movies:

Image315.jpg

(In my defense, The Contract was a secondhand purchase:)) )

I dont collect movie DVDs anymore just TV shows, i have........

Ashes to Ashes Series 1

Big Bang Theory Season 1

Black Books Series 1-3

Commando on the Frontline Series 1

Dead Set Complete Series

Doctor Who Series 1-4 + Special Episode DVDs

Extras Series 1-2

Family Guy Season 1-6

Futurama Season 1-4

Hotel Babylon Series 1-2

Life on Mars Series 1-2

Lost Season 1-4

Merlin Series 1

Murphys Law Series 1-5

Red Dwarf Series 1-8

Robin Hood Series 1-2

Ross Kemp in Afghanistan Series 1

Scrubs Season 1-7

Startrek Enterprise Season 1-4

Startrek Voyager Season 1-7

Startrek Deep Space 9 Season 1-7

Startrek The Next Generation Season 1-7

Startrek The Original Series Season 1-3

Terminator Sarah Connor Chronicles Season 1

The IT Crowd Series 1-2

The Office UK Series 1-2

The Unit Season 1-4

Ultimate Force Series 1-4

I have them in both original DVD format stored away and x264 Anamorphic 576p + AC3 in MKV Container format stored on a Media Server in transparent quality so they look no different than DVD, took me bloody ages to encode them all.

I'm a movie addict, i generally go to the cinemas but dvd.. i think around 350 movies i got lying around! My friends do come and rent from me :p

Is that your room at your mums house?

What can I say? Previously most of my wages went straight on DVDs, there's about ?15,000 worth of DVDs on that wall. Now, I've got more important things to spend the money on (i.e. utility bills, food bills, repayments etc, etc) so I haven't brought as many as before - I think, off the top of my head I brought less than 200 last year, and I probably won't buy 100 this year, 'cause I'm gonna switch to Blu-Ray over the summer.

That being said, I do still buy some terrible movies:

Image315.jpg

(In my defense, The Contract was a secondhand purchase:)) )

Can someone show proof of the numbers you're giving, because number above just seems ridiculous.

Really? DVDs today are insanely cheap now. I go to Costco and see the X-Men trilogy for less than $20, I grabbed it. I see the Back To The Future Trilogy for less than $15, I grab it. I saw the first two Bourne movies for $10, I grabbed it. When I see movies for a steal price, I grab it and I'm sure many people here do the same.