How many DVDs do you own?

I just can't believe the amount of money people are putting in their dvd "collection". Just looking at Orange's picture makes me want to cry lol

Lol You cry baby! well my collection is only young lol i got more to get ;)

Lol You cry baby! well my collection is only young lol i got more to get ;)

nah it's just that I don't really see the point of DVDs (I guess it's because I never ever watch a movie more than once)

I got like 350, but considering I'm from Mexico where they cost $30 dollars, it would translate to about 900 if I was in the U.S. where they are pretty cheap. I also have to import a lot of stuff because mexican releases sometimes cut everything but the subtitles and pay a lot for them.

I stop buying dvds, and instead go to the theaters, It might be more expensive in the long run due to the kidney stones I will get due to all the salt they put in movie popcorn.

I used to have a very large collection of dvd/bluray/hddvds (couple hundred BR, about 1500 DVDs)

but since I backed up the images to my very large 18TB unraid server; I sold all the physical copies.

now I will honestly say I *illegally download all my movies (nowadays its all 1080p mkv bluray rips)

so how many DVD/blurays I currently own? = ZERO :p (and as long as the internet is fast, and private HD torrent sites exist, that isn't going to change)

I too am not really a Physical media kinda person :)

I used to have a very large collection of dvd/bluray/hddvds (couple hundred BR, about 1500 DVDs)

but since I backed up the images to my very large 18TB unraid server; I sold all the physical copies.

now I will honestly say I *illegally download all my movies (nowadays its all 1080p mkv bluray rips)

so how many DVD/blurays I currently own? = ZERO :p (and as long as the internet is fast, and private HD torrent sites exist, that isn't going to change)

I too am not really a Physical media kinda person :)

same for me, had enough of having so many case's and having to change disks, rip and made mkv files! sold them off and now rent bluerays! so when i do copy them, i do support in somepart by renting the movie! so at teh moment i have over 400+ movies! all i need to do is build a raid server have been lookin into raid5 as i dont want to lose anything!

Man the mods sure don't seem to be enforcing the rule about no discussion of illegally obtained movies. And not just in this thread I've noticed it in other threads too.

About 200ish. Haven't bought many in the past year, already got most of the ones I like that much. Still need Dark Knight, a few South Park seasons, and that's about it. :p

I'd have to say somewhere around 650-680. I do not keep my DVD's in cases. When me and my fiance bought our home I didn't want it looking like a college dorm and I didn't want to keep the DVD's upstairs in my office. It was annoying having to run upstairs to get a DVD and i'm a little OCD when it comes to organization so after we watched it I would have to go back up stairs and put the DVD back. So I bought 6 150 leather cd/dvd binders. I have them categorized by genre (Comedy, Action, Drama, Sci-Fi, Romance, Misc [music movies, how-to's, etc...]). I keep those in the entertainment center.

I purchase ~7-8 new DVD's a month. Sometimes more. I have seen just about every movie there is. Sometimes I will buy 20 dvd's at a time going through the $5 dvd bin at wal-mart or target.

EDIT: I do keep some in the cases. All the box sets, collector editions, etc... I also have duplicates of some. For example I bought Scarface, then they stopped selling it for I think a year, and then came back out with a new case and better quality picture. So I have doubles of some. I'm a BIG movie buff. My fiance is into books and I'm into the movies. If it's a great movie I will read the book....unlike most people who read the book first. Most of the books of mine in our "library/study" are how-to/reference books that are computer related or automobile/motorcycle related.

So I bought 6 150 leather cd/dvd binders. I have them categorized by genre (Comedy, Action, Drama, Sci-Fi, Romance, Misc [music movies, how-to's, etc...]). I keep those in the entertainment center.

Those CD/DVD binders are excellent space savers, but the one catch is: they scratch the discs. I've tried them and they're not very protective. I want my DVDs to last a lifetime, especially the classic TV shows I collect since those maybe the only way to ever see them because many classic shows aren't on TV anymore.

Those CD/DVD binders are excellent space savers, but the one catch is: they scratch the discs. I've tried them and they're not very protective. I want my DVDs to last a lifetime, especially the classic TV shows I collect since those maybe the only way to ever see them because many classic shows aren't on TV anymore.

If you purchase the cheap ones they do scratch the dvd's. The one's I purchased were about $60 a piece and my dvd's I bought 4 or so years ago are still in the same condition as the day I bought them. The ONLY downside is that I keep outside cover. I folder it in half so it will fit in the spot where the CD goes...and to me that's damaging what might be a collector item one day. Which is why, like I said, there are some that I have doubles of that I keep in the case and don't watch.

i have a little over a 1000, i have 3 and a 1/3 of those 350 cd/dvd binders filled, not all are dvd from retail. i download a lot of movies from itunes because i travel a lot and use my ipod touch to watch them, so i burn them to dvds. I am a film major so i also have a lot of movies that are free now too, not all are actual movies a lot of short films in black and white with out sound. so i would really say more like 800 actual movies. 300 or so retail, the rest through itunes and other downloading services.

Not nearly as much as everyone else, but thanks to Delicious Library on the Mac, I have exactly 89. :rolleyes: Now, if we include PC/MAC DVD's etc...I lost count lol

I have about 150 DVDs and about 11 Blurays

I still majorly prefered DVD but since I got a PS3, I figured I might as well start a bluray collection.

i got like 3 or 4 DVD's couple of movies and Windows dvd ;)