F1 World Championship 2009 Thread

Such an interesting race!! Great result, pleased with how the Brawn GP car handles in the wet also! :D

What a stupid way to end the race. Why they made us wait, rain wasn't so heavy for the last 15 minutes...

And then drive for 5 minutes behind SC ?

What a stupid way to end the race. Why they made us wait, rain wasn't so heavy for the last 15 minutes...

They wanted to get them to do those last 10 laps to get them to full points

Whatever, it would've been better than what they did...

so you want people to crash and cause accidents? this was the best way, safety first

so you want people to crash and cause accidents? this was the best way, safety first

It's a lot more fun. No one would die, see my comment about Kubica :p

No I don't want that, I was saying it would've been better even if they restarted behind the safety car, who knows maybe they would have completed several laps in race mode, the rain wasn't so heavy like it was before and they do have heavy rain tires you know...

No I don't want that, I was saying it would've been better even if they restarted behind the safety car, who knows maybe they would have completed several laps in race mode, the rain wasn't so heavy like it was before and they do have heavy rain tires you know...

They were aquaplaning off with the "heavy rain" tyres. The rain isn't a problem, it's more how much water is on the track and in some places you could see it was hitting the actual body work. Once that happens they have no chance at driving so it would have been stupid to restart it. Then there is visibility, there was an onboard feed and you could barely see the steering wheel let alone the front wheels or anyone else on track.

At least F1 is remaining interesting when one team is clearly faster than everyone else and can walk away with the races if they stayed dry.

I noticed at one point the water level was so high that it was actually higher than the front wing I can only imagine the wing being ripped off if they were at any kind of speed. Kinda disappointed about the race, though from what actually happened it was very exciting :) I laughed when it took so long for them to realize that kimi was in the pits I noticed almost right away.

Kind of annoying about the half points. As they said it might well cause problems for the computers. I think they should give full race points for this, double the points from Melbourne and the remaining races of the seasons.

for me today the fia has prooven again that they give a **** about fans, as long as they can make everyone keeping the tv turned on.

i was fully expecting the race to get restarted, felipe was in a very good position actually, others would still have needed a pitstop, i think some big points would have been possible.

its a shame that vettel had to end his race because of a gearbox problem, he was doing pretty well again.

other good performances: alonso, hamilton, button, barrichello

thumbs down for heidfeld (he really just lucked into that place), raikkonen and bmw for letting kubica down. :(

the race itself was amazing until the fia decided to "script" it again. :(

for me today the fia has prooven again that they give a **** about fans, as long as they can make everyone keeping the tv turned on.

i was fully expecting the race to get restarted, felipe was in a very good position actually, others would still have needed a pitstop, i think some big points would have been possible.

its a shame that vettel had to end his race because of a gearbox problem, he was doing pretty well again.

other good performances: alonso, hamilton, button, barrichello

thumbs down for heidfeld (he really just lucked into that place), raikkonen and bmw for letting kubica down. :(

the race itself was amazing until the fia decided to "script" it again. :(

I think they made the correct call. If they restarted it would have been like 2 minutes behind a safety car, not very exciting.

Ferrari got something right, stopping for Ice Cream :p

snapshot20090405133809.png

Btw: Does anyone find the BBC trio (Jake, David and Eddy) annoying? They're unbearable for me, especially Eddy

Edited by Popcorned1

Again, I think you seem to be missing the point on this entirely, but I shall respond again

No sir, it is you that is missing the overall message/point.

Costs - irrelevant, in any financial climate. It's Formula 1, a sport that lives so far in the stratosphere that all this green/cheap talk is just ruining the aspirational aspects of the sport. If you want to reduce costs go racing in GP2, WTCC or Formula Ford.

With unrestricted aero development, ugly appendages are unnecessary - Bring back ground effect and adjustable suspension for example.

All racing cars of the past, that haven't employed stupid aero bits have been "sleek and sexy". Bring that philosophy back.

You may not agree and that's your opinion, the above is just my opinion, but technically I cannot miss my own point.

Btw: Does anyone find the BBC trio (Jake, David and Eddy) annoying? They're unbearable for me, especially Eddy

I agree. And the picture paints a thousand words. Kimi needs to be gone and a driver, Alonso would be good, that fights to the end and hangs around "just in case" drives in his place. That KERS battery excuse was a bit lame.

Ferrari got something right, stopping for Ice Cream :p

snapshot20090405133809.png

LMAO.

Another picture

rains.jpg

Wasn't a bad race until the halt.

mmm ice cream... i saw Massa on the pit wall eating chocolate bar with 2 people from his team and he looked like a little child :p

The race was good until the rain came.

I find it amazing that in the current economic climate the BBC can justify sending so many people to follow the GP. You've got the main presenter, Eddie, DC, Jonathan, Brundle and two pit lane people plus sound and camera men. Apart from Brundle's grid walk and the occasional interview, do they have to send so many people? Can't Jake, DC and Eddie do their bit in a studio back here? And what exactly does Eddie offer anyway? He seems to be lost for words most of the time.