Windows 7 build 7068 - Whats New...

Explorer acts a bit funny for me sometimes in this build. I've had windows of it seemingly hang on me a few times already. :( I'm as always running a clean install. Thankfully everything else works great and I only need to kill that specific window, not the entire explorer process. Still find it odd though. I'm sure it'll be fixed in a later build meant for the public though. :)

In Win7 do windows still have this slight blue line in the bottom border like in Vista ?

You mean the cyan border on right and bottom? Its white colored now.

Can you right-click on folders pinned in the task bar and paste? This feature was amazing in 7000 and saved me lots of clicks, then I upgraded to 7057 and you don't even get a full context menu (copy, paste, etc..) when right-clicking on pinned folders.

@shiznit

No. You can only 'Copy'. Though I find it very useful that I can drag a folder to the Taskbar and it'll be added to the Windows Explorer jumplist.

@shiznit

Though I find it very useful that I can drag a folder to the Taskbar and it'll be added to the Windows Explorer jumplist.

Absolutely hate that...change for change sake.

Any way to work around that..??

all i know is that the windows basic theme is still there, i wish they would update it. I think the windows basic theme should just be aero without transparency.

all i know is that the windows basic theme is still there, i wish they would update it. I think the windows basic theme should just be aero without transparency.

Shutdown DWM then and it should disable the aero effects?

what I meant is that, I can run Aero just fine, but I just would like them to update the windows basic theme. I had to run that theme until my display drivers were installed correctly

Not sure if it's just me, but after installing Win7 x64 7068, when using the taskbar to control WMP12, play/pause button presses twice at once, making it ineffective :) Not a big issue though, play/pause button works alright from within the WMP12 itself.

Not sure if it's just me, but after installing Win7 x64 7068, when using the taskbar to control WMP12, play/pause button presses twice at once, making it ineffective :) Not a big issue though, play/pause button works alright from within the WMP12 itself.

I got the same. Previous/next buttons in taskbar preview presses twice also (skips 2 tracks). Annoying issue.

I TOTALLY agree with this. I HATE windows basic. It is such a bad idea, and so ugly. I don't see why it can't look like the Live Wave 3 style used on Xp. The light blue colouring and aero style caption buttons are much more pleasing to the eye. I thought MS ditched grey after Win 2000????

I know it's only a small, cosmetic change. But the new animation when opening Media Center

is fantastic. Coupled with the new intro music introduced in 7057 i believe, it's perfect.

I got this jsut a few mintues ago. anyone else, using AVG Free, follow the option, and took me to Paid prodcuts i should be using!,

58715479.png

I TOTALLY agree with this. I HATE windows basic. It is such a bad idea, and so ugly. I don't see why it can't look like the Live Wave 3 style used on Xp. The light blue colouring and aero style caption buttons are much more pleasing to the eye. I thought MS ditched grey after Win 2000????

I wonder if there is still a chance that they would change it before RTM?

Unless their reasoning is to make windows basic ugly and force a user to getting hardware to allow aero.

I am all for windows basic theme being aero with out transparency

BTW wht about when you have a problem, you post your hardware spec's (if you know its not a softwar issue) havnt seen that happenin. could help tracking down knowin issues/