Star Trek Into Darkness

Damn! That trailer was amazing. John Harrison's ship reminds me of the USS Excelsior. It's larger than the Enterprise and has the same basic shape. John must have stolen a prototype and modified it.

Damn! That trailer was amazing. John Harrison's ship reminds me of the USS Excelsior. It's larger than the Enterprise and has the same basic shape. John must have stolen a prototype and modified it.

It looks like a kitbash of the Excelsior and Galaxy classes, with some of the original phase 2 concept of the Enterprise.

They said this one would be more about the bad guy but I think it'll be just as much about Kirk growing as a captain and the whole crew coming together as a close family that we got in the original movies.

The way they show the scene with all the cry chambers you have to figure that Khan figures in either in this movie or possibly the next? It seems John Harrison has inhuman powers which would make him more in line with the Gary Mitchell character from the old show. I guess that would raise the question, why not just name him Gary Mitchell? Oh, and I sure how the Enterprise isn't destroyed beyond repair. It was only just too build and it's too early for an -A. I don't see why these movies need to destroy Enterprises...

Well, guess we're going to A next movie already.

different "universe". So timelines may change :p

It's a scuba suit of sorts.

When Kirk and McCoy are running in the red trees and jump off the cliff, they shed the clothing and under it are those suits

Ah well that explains it I guess. Just, when I saw Uhura in the suit I was just wondering if they were trying to do some sort of Mass Effect skin tight deal for the girls or something :D