Star Trek Into Darkness

I'd rather do without Shatner, it would have been nice in the original if it were similar to Nimoy. I'd rather they moved away from the time travel aspect. It's been done and they did it well, they don't need to revisit it.

What they need to do is start filming soon because I want another damnit :D

Zoe Saldana says she can't wait to take off her shirt again, although she presumably doesn't know if that's happening in the new movie.

I hope she gets her chance. :D

Kirk didnt die twice, he got pulled into the Nexus then died on Veridian III

Twice...

Once being shot and the other falling off the bridge. Though in fairness, only the latter was used ;)

Twice...

Once being shot and the other falling off the bridge. Though in fairness, only the latter was used ;)

Deleted scene doesn't really count, he died once.

Wil Wheaton was in Star Trek...for 5 seconds!

From Wil's Blog on the whole voice dubbing experience:

I met JJ at an ADR stage a few days later, where he told me the entire plot of the movie (and, for the record, hearing JJ Freakin' Abrams tell you the plot of his Star Trek is even more awesome than you'd expect) and showed me some of the scenes that I'd be dubbing. I ended up providing voices for all the Romulans on Nero's ship, including the guy who tells him that "it's time" at the very beginning of the movie. (Yeah, how cool is that?)

Include Shatner.

I mean, love him or hate him he really did bring us Kirk.

I say start Star Trek 2 off in the distant future (the NEW future) with

Kirk on his death bed re-living (storytelling) his first real assignment.

OR, as a very high-up officer giving a graduation speech to new academy cadets.

Think we've seen the last of Christopher Pike? Maybe not. Bruce Greenwood says he's spoken to J.J. Abrams about Star Trek 2. And he says "J.J., one of the nicest guys on the planet, has indicated there will be a place in the project for me." At the same time, Greenwood cautions, "there are no guarantees." [Hill Country Times via TrekToday]

Just give me more Trek!!!! The most I want outside of a nice deep plot to keep me guessing, is some very very good battles, ship vs ship battles aka Star Trek: TRoK (2nd original), are one of the things I love about the series.

No it isn't to early in the series to meet the Borg. But I doubt very, very much they'd do a Borg movie in the new timeline. There's no way in hell the Federation of that time period could take out the Borg. Unless like, a sexy female Borg defected and helped them. (Seven of Nine cameo!)

No it isn't to early in the series to meet the Borg. But I doubt very, very much they'd do a Borg movie in the new timeline. There's no way in hell the Federation of that time period could take out the Borg. Unless like, a sexy female Borg defected and helped them. (Seven of Nine cameo!)

7 of 9 would be great. Especially if they got an actress of the same proportions. :D

If the Federation in this time period couldn't defeat the Borg with technology ( and even Jean-Luc and his crew couldn't always do that, especially in the beginning) how could they defeat the Borg?

7 of 9 would be great. Especially if they got an actress of the same proportions. :D

If the Federation in this time period couldn't defeat the Borg with technology ( and even Jean-Luc and his crew couldn't always do that, especially in the beginning) how could they defeat the Borg?

I dunno if the Borg will show up in the new time line though, from what I understand the Borg were going to come to the Alpha Quadrant eventually (could of been years or centuries later though) the only reason they came (alot sooner) was because of Q...it is possible they might introduce Q in the new movie and he (once again) intros the Federation to the Borg (like he did in TNG) and pulls them out before they get all killed...maybe. I'm just stabbing in the dark here :p take with a grain of salt.

Or... Q was not affected by the original timeline OR the alternate timeline split thingy and you'd have like a dual plot with timelines in the canon w/ Jean Luc and this new alternate timeline and BORG!!! :o

I think that's going over board though :p

I'd like to see Abrams' version of the evil, menacing and relentless Borg that we know and love from when they were first introduced. The Borg got somewhat neutered later on. Especially with Janeway and co. who would own them repeatedly with that little Delta Flyer.

I'd like to see Abrams' version of the evil, menacing and relentless Borg that we know and love from when they were first introduced. The Borg got somewhat neutered later on. Especially with Janeway and co. who would own them repeatedly with that little Delta Flyer.

If he does the borg he better not make them look really stuipd, I think they already look menacing enough.