Star Trek Into Darkness

Oh they can easily use the "ghost" of Kirk from the Nexus if they wanted to. Remember, Guinan said she could leave the Nexus to help because she was already there. Well that Kirk is dead and so our Kirk from the prime timeline could come into play somehow if you want to go that route. But using the Nexus and stuff from the TNG movies in the 2nd movie will likely confuse many people who just saw the new movie as they've never seen Trek before hand.

Airwalk does the unthinkable, bringing together those who grind with those who speak fluent Klingon

It?s not often that skaters and Trekkies can find common ground, but this weekend, Payless shoe stores across the galaxy will debut the all-new Star Trek STPL x?a line of Trek-inspired skate shoes from Airwalk. Those who prefer to not leave the house can order the limited-edition kicks through the Payless website.

Created by renowned New York City designer jeffstaple and carrying a $49.99 price tag, the shoes are available in three different ?away team? colors: Captain Kirk yellow, Spock blue, or Scotty (or rather, nameless, soon-to-be-killed ?security officer?) red. And while the Trek set will most certainly get a kick out of the Starfleet insignias that adorn the shoes, skaters can expect the quality and support they?ve come to know from the Airwalk brand?and also get an in with those cute ?Nerdbirds? out there.

airwalksgold.jpg

airwalksgoldfrontslant.jpg

airwalksblueinside.jpg

airwalksblueback.jpg

airwalksredfront.jpg

airwalksredfrontslant.jpg

:Dr />bad ass! :D

Did he get lost and go to the wrong series?

nope ILM did the SFX for Star Trek and it's Lucas's company so he likes to put his characters into films, he did the same in Transformers 2

Few things.

This new continuity changes everything. Vulcan is gone. Vulcans are endangered.

Those discussing Voyager in the new line, things here are going to be VERY different. There is a very good chance Tuvok will never be born here. He was the one spying on The Maquis for Captain Janeway. Without him, who knows what could happen.

As for the Borg: The Borg that Enterprise found in Antarctica could very well have still been activated, assimilated the transport, and sent out their message. Nero arrived after they escaped the planet and sent out their transmission to the Delta Quadrant before they were destroyed. I would still bet that there is a Borg Cube out there looking for us...

The question I am left pondering is... Now that Vulcan is gone, and the Vulcan species reduced to only a few thousand, how many future Vulcans will never be born? How many of those future Vulcans were involved with high level projects at Starfleet? Ship designs? Etc? Already we have seen a different design for the Constitution Class, which has me thinking someone that was involved in designing the version we saw in TOS was killed by Nero, or was never born as a result of his attack on the Kelvin.

J.J. Abrams Still Unsure About Directing the Star Trek Sequel

And he's not directing Mission: Impossible 4 either! So what will J.J. Abrams be directing next (that's not a TV show)? Last night, Paramount held a party for the premiere of J.J. Abrams' Star Trek on DVD and Blu-Ray (Amazon). ComingSoon caught up with Abrams briefly and asked him about a couple of projects currently in the works. As usual, he didn't reveal much about any of the projects, but did reply with a rather interesting answer when asked if he'd decided whether he'd return to direct the Star Trek sequel. Everyone still believes he'll return, but his answer wasn't a definite yes, and it sounds like we won't know for a while.

"The truth is, the idea of anyone else directing the next Star Trek film breaks my heart. I had the most fun ever with these people. But, it's impossible to know when the script is done. That's the time to look at it and ask, 'Is this the right thing for the movie? Is it the right thing for me? My family?' and all that stuff. It's so hard to know a year out with no script in existence if I should direct the movie. I look forward to making that decision when the time comes."

He's right about one thing - there's no one else that I want to direct the next Star Trek sequel than J.J. Abrams. Although, if I have to bring this up as well, I thought the same about Michael Bay directing Transformers 2 and, well, look how that turned out. However, it would be wrong to compare Abrams and Bay, especially because I think Abrams would do an amazing job directing a sequel. We've heard plenty of ideas about where the story might go, but just knowing Abrams is on-board I'd feel completely confident again.

He's not comparing them to each other, but the roles that they should have in the next film's installment. After Transformers, most people wouldn't think of anyone else handling the second film's installment. Same for Abrams for Star Trek.

On a side note, just checked my Netflix queue: Star Trek is shipping today, wohoo!

November 18, 2009 - There's no script yet or even a deal in place for J.J. Abrams to return to the director's chair, but that hasn't stopped the rumor mill from being as busy churning out buzz on Star Trek 2 as it's been on Batman 3 or Spider-Man 4.

Should Abrams return to the director's chair, Coming Soon claims his pick to play the villainous Khan Noonien Singh in the sequel is Nestor Carbonell. The actor is perhaps best known as "Richard Alpert" on the Abrams-produced TV series Lost. He also appeared in The Dark Knight as the mayor of Gotham City and as "Batmanuel" in The Tick. Carbonell's other credits include Smokin' Aces (opposite the new James T. Kirk, Chris Pine) and the TV series Suddenly Susan.

Khan was previously played by the late Ricardo Montalban in that other second Trek movie, Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan, where he reprised his role from the original series episode "Space Seed." In the original canon (before Abrams spun the characters off into an alternate timeline in the reboot), Khan -- a genetically engineered superman and leader during the Eugenics Wars -- was released from 200 years of suspended animation by Captain Kirk.

Khan soon tried to take over the U.S.S. Enterprise, forcing Kirk to maroon him and his followers (including the ship's historian, Marla McGivers, who had fallen for Khan and aided him) on Ceti Alpha V. In Wrath of Khan, Khan escaped from Ceti Alpha V and sought to avenge himself and the death of his wife, Marla, by stealing the Genesis device from now Admiral Kirk.

Source

G9aAf.jpg

Remember all those rumors that William Shatner was going to appear in the Trek reboot? And then things got stupid because J.J. Abrams dissed Shatner or Shatner refused to be a cameo or whatever and it didn't happen? Well, all I know is that at least one draft of the Star Trek movie script had a Shatner-Kirk scene, because the cool cats at TrekMovie.com dug it up. Since it's their exclusive, I don't want to copy and paste it, but here's a few of the details:

? Shatner-Kirk appears as a hologram message that he gave to Nimoy-Spock.

? Nimoy-Spock shows it to Quinto-Spock during their last meeting from the end of the movie (shown above).

? Shatner-Kirk reminisces about the early days upon the Enterprise in a shockingly classy, non-overt way.

? In my opinion, the scriptwriters nailed Shatner-Kirk's dialogue perfectly.

? Overall, it's really pretty damn good. I don't think we lost anything major by not getting it, but it would have been an excellent addition.

But you can go read the whole thing at TrekMovie

Aww crap Rappy I thought I finally had a exclusive on you with that news from aintitcool. lmao, beaten to it yet again :)

They better not make a sequel to J.J. Abrams' Star Trek, with out J.J. Abrams.

Nothing worse than making a good movie (if it is going to be good that is) and then having a sequel made by someone else that could ruin it.

Like if someone else carried on the new batman franchise without Christopher Nolan, it would be really stupid.

Just my opinion though.

I agree.

I had never caught more of a couple episodes from any of the Star Trek series on TV, but I just watched Abrams' Star Trek on DVD a few days ago and really enjoyed it.

Richard - off topic but why do you have a pic of Jeremy Clarkson for your avatar? :p

And back on topic, my parents LOVED Star Trek the movie, and they never watched any of the series, so it goes to show that JJ knows his stuff :)