Ok, I think its me...

It affects the usability of the website for one day. How is that taking it too far? :s

"April Fools day is just an excuse to do something stupid and get away with it." - EXACTLY. That is my point :) What is wrong with doing something stupid for one day, just for a laugh? Life is too serious sometimes, it's nice to have a laugh :)

I understand if it's for a laugh, but in order for something to be laughed at it has to be funny. This wasn't funny, it was annoying.

Yes, that would be the definition of April Fool's day. It's not like the date is a secret beforehand.

I don't get why people / sites / whatever get to act stupid for one day. You don't gain anything from it, and it usually ends up annoying people.

I understand if it's for a laugh, but in order for something to be laughed at it has to be funny. This wasn't funny, it was annoying.

And the Jokes and Funny Stuff header would tell you that humour is subjective.

If I saw that a majority of members were in outrage over flipped and twirly images (which, BTW, could've been worked around by using a non-Webkit browser), then I guess an apology would be in order....

It doesn't matter anyway. You've got 364 days left to continuously enjoy the site.

If you are still getting "annoying" effects then clear your browser cache.

It doesn't matter anyway. You've got 364 days left to continuously enjoy the site.

If you are still getting "annoying" effects then clear your browser cache.

(: ˙dn ǝpıs ʇɥƃıɹ ɟןǝsɹnoʎ uɹnʇ oʇ ǝɯıʇ s,ʇı ʞuıɥʇ 'ɹǝʌo sı sןooɟ ןıɹdɐ

To put it simply, you need to coconut your forth circular rectangle, while also crossing the half baked camel in the marshmallow canals owned by the intergalactic superrabbits, who pilot the force 10 T-rex's.

I found it intrusive and annoying.

Would Google, BBC, Engadget, Slashdot, Digg do it to there news page? not bloody likely, but maybe that says more about Neowins leaders goals than anything.

I found it intrusive and annoying.

Would Google, BBC, Engadget, Slashdot, Digg do it to there news page? not bloody likely, but maybe that says more about Neowins leaders goals than anything.

YouTube, which is owned by Google, did the exact same thing as us (after we had already activated it).

Also, how was it intrusive?

LOL at the moaners.. seriously guys if you cannot stand one day of lawl, put the keyboard down, get out of your arse curve in your chair, and go through the damn front door and go somewhere!.

Seriously a flipped picture is intrusive? LMFAO please, read it out loud while your brain is in your head and not up your arse and you may understand how PATHETIC you BLOODY SOUND.

God you people remind me of those whiners who want to ban Xmas because it offends some tiny person who has **** all to do with the country and it's history anyways.

So you're saying that because Google doesn't do such actions that it's wrong to do so? Way to go.

I'm saying a professional new source would do something funny and different (how google does a seperate page you go and view), they wouldn't comprimise there content view.

Youtube is hardly a news source. I'm just saying. It didn't bother me that much, I didn't visit as much as I would have. Trying to view peoples attachments sucked.

In defense of Youtube, they did allow you to revert the prank. (unlike last year where all their featured videos went straight to a rick roll)

But honestly. This flipped image prank was much less intrusive and annoying than some of our other ideas we had.

I'm saying a professional new source would do something funny and different (how google does a seperate page you go and view), they wouldn't comprimise there content view.

Youtube is hardly a news source. I'm just saying. It didn't bother me that much, I didn't visit as much as I would have. Trying to view peoples attachments sucked.

Then for one day you can go to another site for your news fix. And if you choose not to come here anymore due to a silly April Fools prank then all the power to you.

I think you're overreacting. By the way, it's April 2nd.

Then for one day you can go to another site for your news fix. And if you choose not to come here anymore due to a silly April Fools prank then all the power to you.

I think you're overreacting. By the way, it's April 2nd.

It wouldn't surprise me if people are still be moaning about this come May 2nd :laugh:

It wouldn't surprise me if people are still be moaning about this come May 2nd :laugh:

They need to do something until next April fools.

I thought it was quite funny, the people moaning need to get a life, they moan that a news source doing a joke like this is stupid but in most of the articles you don't need pictures to get all the information anyway.

Another option is to just check the articles a day later? :p I guess some people just have to have something to complain about.

• 2 weeks later...