Windows 7 new milestone 7105 ------6.1.7105.0.winmain.090404-1235

It is believed that this is a new phase in the development of Windows 7 because the second digit of the build has been incremented. This pattern would closely follow previous events in the incubation of Windows 7:

Milestone 2: 6500 series

Milestone 3: 6700 series

Pre-beta: 6800 series

Beta 1: 7000 series

This is NOT fake.

Build number is like this due to kernel changes, also this IS rc escrow and yes, they most of the time change numbers before those releases.

Edited by FoxieFoxie

This is NOT fake.

Build number is like this due to kernel changes, also this IS rc escrow and yes, they most of the time change numbers before those releases.

do you have screen shots to back this claim up about it not being fake ?

As much as I hope this is real, I wont get too excited untill i see at least screens from a reliable source. And also if it turns out to be real i hope it leaks out soon while i still have lots of free time to test it :p

What happened to "not fake unless proved otherwise"?

I wonder what the changes have been if it's a new milestone, maybe a completely redesigned Aero style? Many now will say they wouldn't change much on the UI this late but if I remember correctly wasn't the Luna UI from XP only exposed while being near RTM?

I wonder what the changes have been if it's a new milestone, maybe a completely redesigned Aero style? Many now will say they wouldn't change much on the UI this late but if I remember correctly wasn't the Luna UI from XP only exposed while being near RTM?

If you read you will know already about the changes.

I'm still all for the "fake unless proved otherwise" but not "not fake unless proven otherwise".

Aero isn't changing.

Hi,

something is strange:

Why 7105 and not 7100?

because RC1 is ready :) and move forward (7100 will be the rc. this quite possibly has already been compiled but wont

be released due to final tweaks )7105 has been compiled but is only an internal release to test the new code

microsoft often start new thread before finalizing the last one e.g. build 7005

was started before 7000 had been compiled and released

Edited by billibi

Wow, as if I haven't heard that line before

Even if the build is real, and out there somewhere your childish response doesn't exactly elicit confidence in you. If you really want to be taken seriously, provide your proof. Otherwise just accept that people aren't always going to believe you and stop resorting to childish name calling

Even if screenshots are provided people still call the word fake so no point wasting time, just wait a few days and see this build surface too the wild and let everyone check it for themselves, this time i will do an upgrade, didn't bother with all the previous builds, waste of time :D

Aren't these sites just listing every single build number and putting "RC ESCROW" next to it in the hope that one will stick and they'll get "credit" for it?

No they say possibility !

because RC1 is ready :) and move forward (7100 will be the rc. this quite possibly has already been compiled but wont

be released due to final tweaks )7105 has been compiled but is only an internal release to test the new code

microsoft often start new thread before finalizing the last one e.g. build 7005

was started before 7000 had been compiled and released

You talk jibberish here, 7105 will be RC-escrow if any and it will be released to testers as planned for April 2009, 10th if I'm correct. Not positive but pretty sure.

7100 won't be RC if the RC-Escrow is 7105, they still have a month to go regarding this, they won't go backwards in builds. 7005 was internal, 7000 was public...If 7105 is RC-Escrow then RC Public will be higher build.

That's my guess, what's everyone else think.

You talk jibberish here, 7105 will be RC-escrow if any and it will be released to testers as planned for April 2009, 10th if I'm correct. Not positive but pretty sure.

7100 won't be RC if the RC-Escrow is 7105, they still have a month to go regarding this, they won't go backwards in builds. 7005 was internal, 7000 was public...If 7105 is RC-Escrow then RC Public will be higher build.

That's my guess, what's everyone else think.

I think a lot of you might have it wrong. Build 7105 is part of a new branch. I'm guessing the RC will be build 7100 and this new branch could be the RTM branch. that's assuming the RC escrow doesn't have it's build number inflated which i'm guessing it won't as it's just a build for internal testers.

but brandon live would actually know.

Isn?t it fun that we will all know what build the RC is going to be when it will be released, than the half of the people on this thread will be right and the other half will be wrong.

Who will be right or who will be wrong?

....only time and MS can tell ;))

I found this as the file name on another site: 6.1.7105.0.090404-1235_x86fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GB1CULFRER_EN_DVD

I DON'T KNOW if it is fake or not.

I found this as the file name on another site: 6.1.7105.0.090404-1235_x86fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GB1CULFRER_EN_DVD

same site that "predicted" 7065 and 7070 build leaks and few others, with sizes and pictures and everything.... So guess how real that is. Dont get me wrong im not saying this might not be RC (altho i doubt, for me is more RTM branch), but that site posts a lot of bull s* and even if its real and gets out they will be lucky, nothing more nothing less.

Only one way to find out :p

It's irrefutable evidence.

But it's not. You can't just make up a random build string and expect people to believe it. Seems you're the type to believe anything you see or hear.

But it's not. You can't just make up a random build string and expect people to believe it. Seems you're the type to believe anything you see or hear.

You are aware that it's a joke, right?

a thread with windows 7 and religion, I say quite reasonable (even though I am an atheist) since easter is just around the corner -> Rising of the lost son ;)

I think this build is real and we will see this on sites by the end of the week (even though it's Good Friday, hence Crucifixion, maybe we have to wait a few more days... ;) ).