The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

Added new items to the related news section:

WMP9 New Build

News on Movement of 'Program Access Defaults' Menu Item

Hmmm....I tried the instructions above for installing with a previous SP2 build installed and it didn't work. Does anyone have anything a little more specific or perhaps another way to do this?

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
a mod, should add, new WMP9 update to build 3008

Post link @ I will update when I am next on (can't say when that will be.... I miss neowin :cry: (It will be no later than the 21st (When I Return to Sheffield)))

Added New Windows Messenger Build Link

Just installed SP2, and wondering how can I get rid of the For testing purposes' fromn the desktop. Thanks in advance.

if no one has answer this question...start - run certmgr.msc, go to the "Trusted Root Certificate" link followed by the subdirectory "Certificates"-link, then look for "Microsoft Test Certificate". Highlight it, then click the Red X on the menu to Delete. Reboot - message is gone.

Updated with latest Media Player, Messenger & DirectX Builds.

NB: There have been updates to SP2 over the past 3 months, but as you can see by the post comments; whenever Cream posted a build update there was mostly a negative reaction :no:. He assures me that he will post an update when concurrent sessions gets sucessfully implemented into a build.

Leebobs

when longhorn comes out :D

Note quite 2005.... not sure about 2005.... maybe 2004!!

By 2005 we will probbly have service pack 4 or 5 me thinks.

I relize there is a thread about SP2 but those download links to not work for me, I've tried registered for the site that the download is from and I still couldnt get it, ive tried searching for it on google and searching on site forums and I still couldnt find a valid download link to WinXP SP2. I would really appriciate if someone could point me to a working link to build 1213.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i want SP2 already!!!!

wonder whats takin ghtm so long to make SP2? why not just make the upcomming SRP into a Service Pack?

i can just imagine the microsoft technicians who are testing the SRP so that microsoft wont lose face again if the SRP would end up making more holes than it ought to address... (but microsoft doesnt have a face does it? wahaha)

Since the Saga over the SP2 release date in August there has been very little news/progress visiable from Microsoft with regards to next years Service Pack.

:( No-one has lost interest in SP2's progress, unfortunatly, the progress is taking place behind the scenes. However, new news items in relation too the Up and comming Update Rollup Patch has been posted as well as Updates to WMP9 build.

News will be updated as soon as it happens...

I promise :yes: