The SP2 Thread - Reloaded

this is probably a dumb question, but i keep getting an activex error when i goto download some files from the net. says my security settings are not allowing me to run activex controls on this page. Ive turned every security setting down or off that i could find in tools>internet options> security and still does it. ive turned off the firewall as well and the popup blocker. any ideas? here is one of the sites i get the error from. http://www.iwnation.com/Downloads/CallOfDu...ed-1.1d.tar.bz2

The new wireless thing looks good, but looks very ... 'incomplete', but you would expect that from a beta.

For example. some widgets do not have transparency where they are meant to, this causing black bits, and the bit on the left should go all the way to the bottom of the window.

is anyone having an active X problem with sp2 like me? i've adjusted the settings and sent a bug report but still nothin.. really ****ing me off. trying to sign into betaplace and windows beta, along with numerous passport sites.

Visit the v5 windowsupdate site...click express install, and there are 5 SP2 updates already...hmmm

Is anyone else having trouble accessing newsgroups?

ive entered my beta ID number and my password but im still getting permissiond denied :|

yeah, i had that, but i get "permission denied" every time i try to log on...

ill change my pass and wait 24 hours

Simple request for you SP2 beta testers...

Report all the css incombatibility and png problems. If enough of us keep reporting bugs for css/png we might get them fixed once and for all.

Also post your finding here so that we can also report the same bug.

has anyone else visited v5.windowsupdate.microsoft.com?

i did earlier and ive downloaded the 5 updates present, although they dont seem to have done much, but they were marked as CRITICAL.

Has anyone else bothered to do this?

i;ve visited it countless times, but i keep getting the following error:

Windows Update has encountered an error and cannot display the requested page.

You may wish to try one of these sources for more information about Windows Update:

Support Information

About Windows Update

Windows Update Home Page

Error Number: 0x80070422

is this just from heavy traffic? or is everyone getting this too? cuz i need those 5 updates.

I can't get to the web on my pc now that i have Sp2 on it....please help me out...ONly my notbook seems to work right now.....I have no IP address also I has now access to the DNS....I did a release and renew....Tracert & ping no leads from that....its all totally dead

ooh! just found this in the control panel, looks like they're steppin up on being neat, tidy, and catagorizing things (hint hint bottom right, lol)

Thats always been present in XP, but you could switch between Classic view and what i call "newbie" view

Nothing _really_ new

tbh, id like a nice list of what new features there are, ive only found a couple so far and that M$ doc link in the welcome email is too lengthy to take it