Codemasters reveals F1 game details

I don't see anything wrong with the video of the tire puncture at all. If you've watched the Belgium Grand Prix just yesterday where Sebastian Vettel's left rear wheel ran over Sutil's front wing, the tire certainly got a puncture, but it never disintergrate/explode like you guys are saying. The tire also loosens up from the wheel hub/brake assembly just like the video shown above of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKt0GgXAC_w

I've been watching this from the background... but after reading this, it's a minor detail, however I can't see myself buying F1 2010 next year :\

-_-

Just saw the OP date.

Still interested in this, as long as Codemasters can muster up some of their passion for simulation and accuracy from the past. Dirt, although for a different market, has.. gone a little downhill. It needed its own name SEPERATE from Colin McRae, in my opinion.

The tyre puncture is impressive, its been waiting a long time to be included in a race 'sim'. It does seem slightly arbitrary though, lacking in dynamic. Simply moving in an opposite direction of steering as opposed to with grip

cant remember if this has been mentioned but has Codies released a date for this game on PC as yet?

It's coming out on the same day as the 360 and PS3 versions: September 24th. ;)

I don't see anything wrong with the video of the tire puncture at all. If you've watched the Belgium Grand Prix just yesterday where Sebastian Vettel's left rear wheel ran over Sutil's front wing, the tire certainly got a puncture, but it never disintergrate/explode like you guys are saying. The tire also loosens up from the wheel hub/brake assembly just like the video shown above of the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKt0GgXAC_w

Fair point but the speed in the game appears to be far faster than Vettel was going. It's not a deal-breaker, tbf, as I won't be playing the game on full realism anyway - I'm not that hardcore :p

Any good prices of the game? Still don't know if I'll go PC, xbox or PS3 version yet...

PC won't run the game at full settings on 1028x768 resolution so wondering if I should just get a console version. Now I'm not bothered about online play for this but I am gearing (see what I did there? :shifty:) towards the PS3 as its on a bigger screen and 5.1 sound :blush:

edit: Ps3 and xbox are in different rooms.

If you want more realism from that tire puncture, go race a real car. This is a video game. rolleyes.gif

So you're saying to go buy a real F1 car then get a puncture and crash? Yeah, great idea. :rolleyes:

I saw the trailer in the cinema yesterday (by the way, Scott Pilgrim rocks) and it looks amazing - girlfriend, despite the text saying "Actual Gameplay" asked, "Is that real life?" :laugh:

Good thing she has big boobs.

I saw the trailer in the cinema yesterday (by the way, Scott Pilgrim rocks) and it looks amazing - girlfriend, despite the text saying "Actual Gameplay" asked, "Is that real life?" :laugh:

Good thing she has big boobs.

You better hope she doesn't that post! :rofl:

OK, this may be a bit off-topic, but it is F1-related, and it is free:

Ferrari's releasing a free PC game very soon:

Ferrari has announced their Virtual Academy 2010, giving Formula One fans all around the globe access to a true-to-life simulation of their current Ferrari F10 Formula One race car.

The Virtual Academy will include Ferrari?s current Formula One challenger as well as three laser-scanned (!) tracks ? Fiorano, Mugello & the N?rburgring. The Academy comes with a global hotlap competition as the fastest drivers can win Ferrari merchandise every week. The five quickest drivers will even be invited to Maranello, participating in the official Ferrari Driving Academy.

The simulator does not just look pretty stunning as you can see below, Ferrari also promises a very realistic approach as the car has been designed based on official CAD data. In terms of physics, Ferrari has not cut any corners either, promising the most accurate virtual reproduction of a Ferrari F1 single-seater in computer simulation to date. Ferrari?s Formula One drivers have been heavily involved with testing the virtual car, making sure the driving dynamics and tyre behaviour is as realistic as possible.

The simulator will be using the same setups as the real-life F10, players will be able to match themselves against the top times set by Ferrari?s world class drivers. Furthermore, the simulation also includes a replay system and real-time global leader boards to track your progress.

This is stunning news as Ferrari is the first Formula One team to give sim racers access to an official simulator, the ingredients sound very promising and could provide for a new benchmark in open-wheel simulation.

Download of the Ferrari Virtual Academy will be available starting September 9th, for more visit the official website.

Looks awful.

Official game please :3

Considering its the official Ferrari test software I think gfx where a second/third priority, personally I can't wait till next week! :woot: