Codemasters reveals F1 game details

guys is there a wheel under $120?

i really wana get one if its worth it and would run for 2 3 years without breaking.

a very good wheel i mean.

anybody here?? who used it with some latest games and is very happy with it?

Easily the best looking racing game. Holy crap.

hate the tyre squeal as well with a passion - i also dont ever remember hearing that in F1, but maybe it is just drowned out by the engine

and is it only me who thinks the person's overtake of the front two drivers was unrealistic and not possible? he braked too late and wouldnt have been able to take the corner like that and he lost so much speed (the front two drivers kept the angle larger so would have been able to take the corner faster?) and in the wet cant see such late braking working

edit: actually the braking wasnt so late but he had the corner too sharp and cant see him being able to take it without spinning in this weather? (damn, at this rate im gonna put myself off the game if i think im spotting unrealistic manouvres)

Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere in the thread - but does anyone know what the system specs are expected to be for the game - Any chance I can run this thing on an ION sporting Atom Nettop?

inb4 gamers dying of laughter at the prospect of playing a modern game on a nettop :)

Apologies if this has already been mentioned elsewhere in the thread - but does anyone know what the system specs are expected to be for the game - Any chance I can run this thing on an ION sporting Atom Nettop?

inb4 gamers dying of laughter at the prospect of playing a modern game on a nettop :)

Try out DiRT 2, should be a decent indicator of how well it'll run - Looks to be the same / modified engine.

F1 2010

Publisher: Codemasters

Developer: Codemasters Studios Birmingham

Minimum System Requirements

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo @ 2.4 Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+

Memory: 1 Gb

Hard Drive: 12.5 Gb free

Video Memory: 256 Mb

Video Card: nVidia GeForce 7800 / ATI Radeon X1800

Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

DirectX: 9.0c

Keyboard

Mouse

DVD Rom Drive

Source

To summarise: I wouldn't even try running it on a nettop.

Source

To summarise: I wouldn't even try running it on a nettop.

Cheers for that - Ooh if only I could get Grand Prix 4 to run properly. I'm not a huge gamer (hence the nettop), but it would be nice to play an F1 game every now and then.

Cheers for that - Ooh if only I could get Grand Prix 4 to run properly. I'm not a huge gamer (hence the nettop), but it would be nice to play an F1 game every now and then.

If you don't mind a somewhat older version: GP 2 works in DOSbox.

Oh what the heck, no DX 10/11 support? Looking better every time, hopefully it has awesome AI, not the type where you just easily overtake whilst they brake.

If you don't mind a somewhat older version: GP 2 works in DOSbox.

I'll have to look into that :) Personally I don't understand why GP4 won't run on my machine - I know it's "only" an Atom processor, but the thing can playback 1080p video content. To be fair, I'm sure it's more of a compatability issue - I can't remember if I tried running it in Windows 95 mode or not - Might have to have a look around for the disc, to see if it'll work.

Official minimum specs: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/421734-pc-minimum-specs.html

Oh what the heck, no DX 10/11 support? Looking better every time, hopefully it has awesome AI, not the type where you just easily overtake whilst they brake.

DX11 has been confirmed to be supported. Source: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316/423347-can-someone-confirm-dx11.html#post6387868

it does have support that is just the minimum requirements!

That tire puncture looks worrying...in reality the vibrations would've knackered the cars steering and ther tyre would've disintegrated very quickly.

Tires will not disintegrate in F1 2010. Confirmed by T4RG4 on Twitter earlier today. I imagine the animations required for that (and resources) would have taken quite some time to put into the game.

even old cmr titles, gta4, mafia have flat-tyre disintegration + massive change in steering.

their ego engine has so many drawbacks.

most of its +points are just "visuals".

i just hope they add these left-out features in next years game.

That tire puncture looks worrying...in reality the vibrations would've knackered the cars steering and ther tyre would've disintegrated very quickly.

Look, if the game was too realistic, it would be totally unplayable. There has to be compromises.

Yes, i think the tire not disintegrating is more of a gameplay choice than an engine limitation. It would be a nightmare if it is super realistic, if you watch F1 you will now how easy they can get punctures. Pretty much race over. They've probably dumbed it down a bit so it doesn't completely ruin your race.

atleast there should be some difference in steering :p

look at all ego-engined games, this is the first to have "Puncture" in it.

Dirt1 & grid had nothing, dirt2 had compressible (air filled tyre sim.) tyre, but no puncture, this f1 one has puncture, but no degradation.

anyways, i'm not gonna want a tire puncture when racing normally.

but degradation would still be awesome, say when you push too much on "super softs" beyond their life (lap) limit.

or are consoles the reason why codies dumb-down the ego engine. :p

I bet there is a handling difference when you puncture your tyre. You'll get terrible understeer. Same with the tyres degrading throughout the race.

I think this will be a more realistic racing game from Codemasters than their last few outings.

OK, a few people are saying, around the net, that if you can run Dirt 2 on your PC you should be able to run F1 2010...

So I got a hold of Dirt 2 and I was pleased to see it ran quite well 1280 x 1024 4xAA and everything @ High, I was getting 28-30FPS some drops to 17FPS but I was running other stuff in the background.

So fingers crossed F1 2010 isn't more resource intensive :)

For info

PC Specs:

AMD X2 5200+

2Gb Ram

GF8600 GT

Windows 7 32Bit

Look, if the game was too realistic, it would be totally unplayable. There has to be compromises.

At full throttle, tyres don't behave that way which is why, if you got a puncture, you are forced to drive more slowly. It's the penalty for driving recklessly etc.

It's not a major issue though - we'll just have to wait and see how the most realistic settings behave before judging.