Windows 7 RC download early

Well I may not have downloaded via torrents, but I am really happy doing it by "legit" means, and many thanks for the link !!

same this is one of the legit things i've done in a while

' date='May 4 2009, 20:57' post='590945806']

Download Windows 7 RC Build 7100 x64

File Name: 7100.0.090421-1700_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRC1CULFRER_EN_DVD.iso

The X64 .iso I'm downloading has the name:

7100.0.090421-1700_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRC1CULXFRER_EN_DVD.iso

:huh:

You wouldn't have had anything to do with that would you????? :hmmm:

I can't take any credit for that one.

My download topped out at about 1.70MB per second, but is usually around 600KB - 750KB per second. However, it seems to drop down to mid double digits a lot...but then picks right back up.

Both back up again...just "temporarily unavailable"...

Working well now...but not as fast as you guys...only around 100KB/s...

I just planned to download it tomorrow morning, but when I got up I just saw this post...and downloaded it...so lucky...:)

Thanks for a second time! (Y)

My download topped out at about 1.70MB per second, but is usually around 600KB - 750KB per second. However, it seems to drop down to mid double digits a lot...but then picks right back up.

1.7MB!!!! :o Now that's obscene. I wish I had that bandwidth, though! :p

that download Java application is being emo on me and complaining about some mismatch BS. :(

Try using IE 7 or 8. I kept getting that message too when using FF.

I too, am pulling this in, but I need some tips.. and I figure this is the place to do it.

How do I burn an ISO. :laugh:

I'm nervous about this whole procedure, I've never done an ISO before.

Try using IE 7 or 8. I kept getting that message too when using FF.

yeah mine to it went as low as 10kb/sec then right back up

I too, am pulling this in, but I need some tips.. and I figure this is the place to do it.

It's easy. Put in a blank DVD and fire up Nero/Roxio or whatever software you use and fire it up. Real simple.

I've got an 18Mbps (aka 2.25MBps) download connection....not as fast as some people on here, but I may be getting it from a local server as MS has a 'campus' -- more like an office although I've never been there -- in Mississuaga, ON.

It's pretty easy. Launch your burning app, select Burn Image (or something like that depending on your app), point it to the folder where you have the ISO at, and burn it.

Has anyone ever mounted a Windows 7 ISO to a virtual drive? I don't have any disks and I mounted the beta to a virtual drive and it seemed to work perfectly.

I'd like to know others' experience in this area please as I am hoping to do this again with the release candidate.

I've got an 18Mbps (aka 2.25MBps) download connection....not as fast as some people on here, but I may be getting it from a local server as MS has a 'campus' -- more like an office although I've never been there -- in Mississuaga, ON.

Well lucky you. I'm green with envy! :x :x

Has anyone ever mounted a Windows 7 ISO to a virtual drive? I don't have any disks and I mounted the beta to a virtual drive and it seemed to work perfectly.

I'd like to know others' experience in this area please as I am hoping to do this again with the release candidate.

Had no problems mounting it with DT lite and installing in virtualbox. I'll do the same for this release too.

Download Windows 7 RC Build 7100 x86

File Name: 7100.0.090421-1700_x86fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRC1CULFRER_EN_DVD.iso

Size: 2.35GB

MD5 Hash: 8867C13330F56A93944BCD46DCD73590

--------

Download Windows 7 RC Build 7100 x64

File Name: 7100.0.090421-1700_x64fre_client_en-us_Retail_Ultimate-GRC1CULFRER_EN_DVD.iso

Size: 3.04GB

MD5 Hash: 98341AF35655137966E382C4FEAA282D

Src

thank you!

I was running the pre-RC version in VirtualBox, however I found it ran slow...I think because VirtualBox doesn't have a native x64 client but a combo x86/64 client that runs installs in the Program Files (x86) directory on Vista x64.

Well lucky you. I'm green with envy! :x :x

I am waiting for Rogers to roll out DOCSIS 3.0, it's being tested right now...however I am not one of the lucky ones getting to test it.

Got a total of 15 RC 64-bit keys from refreshing the page. Way more than the 5 available from the beta. This is exact same build from the leak, right?

Have you ever tried to double-click an ISO file in Windows 7 Beta? You can of course figure it out.

Burning an ISO image is a function provided by 7 Beta.

Copy this link to Internet Download Manager and download :D

http://wb.dlservice.microsoft.com/dl/download/release/windows7/4/0/c/40c1e714-7910-4b38-9b5e-67fa522e6a44/7100.0.090421-1700_x86fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culfrer_en_dvd.iso?lcid=1033&RURL=https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/productkeys/win7-rc-32/enus/

Have you ever tried to double-click an ISO file in Windows 7 Beta? You can of course figure it out.

Burning an ISO image is a function provided by 7 Beta.

Nope.. I didn't.. but THANKS!

That makes it SO much easier!

Copy this link to Internet Download Manager and download :D

http://wb.dlservice.microsoft.com/dl/download/release/windows7/4/0/c/40c1e714-7910-4b38-9b5e-67fa522e6a44/7100.0.090421-1700_x86fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culfrer_en_dvd.iso?lcid=1033&RURL=https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/productkeys/win7-rc-32/enus/

What's the URL for the x64 version..?!

What's the URL for the x64 version..?!

Will this do?

http://wb.dlservice.microsoft.com/dl/download/release/windows7/e/b/5/eb58e76e-17fa-409b-855f-11fbe84d1c93/7100.0.090421-1700_x64fre_client_en-us_retail_ultimate-grc1culxfrer_en_dvd.iso?lcid=1033&RURL=https://www.microsoft.com/betaexperience/productkeys/win7-rc-64/enus/