Windows 7 RC download early

first 2.5 gb I got in about 1 hour 30 min...the last 500 mb though I got in zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz (sleeping :sleep: ) took about 2.5 hrs to get the last of it

Its 3 gig, not 2.36 .. o_O
x64 is 3.04GB, x86 is 2.36.

I am downloading now, speeds are going from line speed 480kB/s down to <10kB/s. I won't be happy if I end up wasting 30% of my month's usage on it.

Very steady 1.8MB/s here :) I have the uh, slightly less legit version, but that doesn't seem to actually mention RC. This... might. I know it's the same build, but hey, feels good to be legit :p

Just think what's going to happen to the server when everyone else realises that the download for Win7 x86/x64 RC is available for download....

Sir thank you for your very nice tip haha.

I found this late(i found it at 12:02am on May 5th(today)) haha ironically.

But its going. Started at 5 megs, down to 2megs

Nice find :D

I won't be downloading this (don't have enough RAM for a VM, don't want to do a partition/format, and don't have a spare machine, not to mention I'm cutting it fine with my monthly d/l quota :p), but I'll keep an eye on this thread and relevant proceedings (Y)

Just think what's going to happen to the server when everyone else realises that the download for Win7 x86/x64 RC is available for download....

The world will explode, mars will implode, and the GOP will be reelected in a majority.

The world will explode, mars will implode, and the GOP will be reelected in a majority.

****, seriously? :/ I just thought it might be down for a bit.

That's not good.

****, seriously? :/ I just thought it might be down for a bit.

That's not good.

:laugh: .

As long as we're sharing dl status'

t62iqo.png

I'm really hoping it won't poop out on me this time. :(

He might have a point. I suspect even more people will want the RC. Microsoft's servers aren't near any nuclear plants or petroleum refineries are they? All that heat! :D

He might have a point. I suspect even more people will want the RC. Microsoft's servers aren't near any nuclear plants or petroleum refineries are they? All that heat! :D

To be honest, I am surprised they've managed to keep them so unprepared throughout the last few big downloads.

Surely they'd learn...

To be honest, I am surprised they've managed to keep them so unprepared throughout the last few big downloads.

Surely they'd learn...

MS never learns anything, except how to steal technology and say it's their own invention.

Actually, x64 is 3.05GB....

Well, the burned ISO for x64 is about 3.2GB; it took 3:55 to burn it to a DVD on my system....

I know! I remember how difficult it was just to get a key or the first few hours. Refresh after refresh until I finally got one. I guess the scale is just so large perhaps no amount of servers could supply everyone who wanted a copy. 5 minutes remaining until mine is finished DL'ing!

You need to thank the 420 otherwise I wouldn't have been sitting around watching Ninja Warrior test .aspx's at Microsoft.com

Lucky break I found this tonight, I'd looked a few times before and missed it.