The Official GTA Vice City PC Thread

thats with 16bit on, change it to 32 and its fine

No, my display settings are 1280x960 32bit with a Geforce 3. It happens with all driver versions to date (<44.90)

Which 3D card can run GTA:VC in 1024x768 fine and smooth ? Does GeforceFX run smooth on it ? and what's the worst chipset of geforce FX ? 5200 ? Can be smooth in 1026x768 ?

Which 3D card can run GTA:VC in 1024x768 fine and smooth ? Does GeforceFX run smooth on it ? and what's the worst chipset of geforce FX ? 5200 ? Can be smooth in 1026x768 ?

my GF4 440MMX 64 mb runs it fine in 1024 x 768 looks great, so i should think any of the Fx series would be ok

I'm looking for a new card next month can someone gimme some pointers PM or somthing, i'm after an FX, but which one? not wanting to pay for the 5900s but i do want 256mb onboard, should i ditch NV and go to Radeon??

Edited by FudgeMonkey

hey is anyone into modding this game? well I replaced the sanchez dirtbike but I didnt back it up :argh: and now I want to go back to the original. So if anyone could send me sanchez.txd and sanchez.dff that would be great.

Which 3D card can run GTA:VC in 1024x768 fine and smooth ? Does GeforceFX run smooth on it ?

I have an nVidia GeForce 4 MX 440 (with 64mb video memory) along with my 256 mb of memory all ready in my pc and it runs 1024x768 @32bit very well.

hey temme this , what do we do after killing lance & sonny , is it the end of the game ???? or is there still any gameplay left ???

Please answer .

hey temme this , what do we do after killing lance & sonny , is it the end of the game ???? or is there still any gameplay left ???

Please answer .

not that i didnt see this coming, but a spoiler warning would have been nice :/

Please answer .

not that i didnt see this coming, but a spoiler warning would have been nice :/

:yes: agreed :yes:

some people have no thought for others ;)

Anyone heard of a mp-mod for GTA VC? That would be fun as h***! 

in case you didn't see the news story ;) ...

https://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=1309...gamers#comments

what's with the pole position club? there doesn't seem to be anything to do except watch girls. am i missing something or is there no missions to be done there? :unsure:

elliot, go into the one room where you get a private dance, and stand there until you spend $600 or more on the girl. Then you will have "completed" that mission, and you can begin to collect earnings at the front door.

It takes a long damn time though... he only spends like $15 every 5 seconds (I think)

lol. Pole Position club :laugh: I once did the code to be Mercedes (on PC version, foxylittlething) and went in there for a dance and thought it was funny that there was a chic watching another one dance. She did the same facial expressions that Tommy does. I thought it was funny. Had her smoking too (certaindeath) even though when you look like her it isn't positioned right, but still funny. :rofl:

Okay, I actually have a reason to be here. I completed the game a long time ago, but I forget where the army outfit is. Where do I find it? Was it any where close to the base by the airport?

Slightly off topic question, GTA 3 - Is there also a keyboard code for the PC version of this game to give yourself armor? Armor would would be nice to have in that game, I'm still trying to beat it and never played it till this summer.

Also, in the begininning, when you have to follow that guy that takes the cab and you got that spookometer, what's the best way to follow him without scarying him? Some how I always end up being to close. Even if I really am quite far away he freaks out too easily on me.

Let's see... there is no army uniform, I believe the one you are thinking about is the police uniform, which is located inside the Washington Beach police station, first door to your left.

You don't need a code, you could just get a few hidden packages... There is no code anyway, but the health code is gesundheit (something in German I think...)

As for following him... he ends up going to the docks, near the last ship on the right, so you can just drive there and go on the roof or something and wait, not sure... haven't played GTA3 in ages..

Let's see... there is no army uniform, I believe the one you are thinking about is the police uniform, which is located inside the Washington Beach police station, first door to your left.

You don't need a code, you could just get a few hidden packages... There is no code anyway, but the health code is gesundheit (something in German I think...)

As for following him... he ends up going to the docks, near the last ship on the right, so you can just drive there and go on the roof or something and wait, not sure... haven't played GTA3 in ages..

Thank you. I will give this all a try. Yea, police uniform, I have forgotten all this stuff, it's been a while. I found Vice City a lot easier for me than Liberty City was.

I have actually found the PC version of VC easier than the PS2 versoin, even though I am using the same PS2 pad to play both games ... Weird huh?

also unlocks another room, with another dancer... :whistle:

really?...I hadn't noticed :blink:

And can you earn anything off her too? :blush:

i dunno, i spent ages in there ;) and no extra money.

she did, however give a great speach on womens rights and the burning of the bra ;)

Ok, if this has happened, I've never noticed, but I don't think the FBI ever drives the FBI Washington, do they? I mean, they come in the Ranchers, but I've never seen them come in the Washington, I've only seen it behind Rock City. Am I correct, or have I just overlooked them?

(Also, weird note: Notice that the FBI Washington does not have the dashboard light like the Vice Cheetah and the FBI Rancher do? Just a thought.)