The Official GTA Vice City PC Thread

runs very well at 1024x768x16 nice and smooth on mine, alot better than gta3 which i had to run at 640x480 for these kind of results

also plays pretty well on me bros celeron 766 with gf2mx 400 64mb

How do you know? :s :|

runs very well at 1024x768x16 nice and smooth on mine, alot better than gta3 which i had to run at 640x480 for these kind of results

also plays pretty well on me bros celeron 766 with gf2mx 400 64mb

How do you know? :s :|

ermm, lets not be getting into that...i don't want this thread to be closed...take it to PM ;)

Ermm, let's not be getting into that... I don't want this thread to be closed. Take it to PM ;)

Ohhh I get ya lol ;)

I am happy that it runs well on even 1024 x 768 x 16 cos GTA 3 sucked, i also had to play it on 640 x 480, may Rockstar games has finally mastered the way to make these type of games.

a 1000 Pts for the one who can guess the game engine :p

thebuzz

I've been playing it since it was released to your mother yesterday, It rocks, the textures keep up with the game a lot better, no more transparent streets.

Edited by Avian

This game certainly performs a lot better then before.

1280 x 1024 @32bit, 4 x AF and 4 x AA on. It runs smooth as anything. I've just been whizzing around on bikes for the past half hour. I love GTA! I'm playing it on a PS2 controller, Vice City had perfect default controls for it so I'm damn happy. Props to Rockstar Games this time.

I've taken some screenshots, I cropped them down:

GTAVC1.jpg

GTAVC2.jpg

GTAVC3.jpg

GTAVC4.jpg

GTAVC5.jpg

So with the high sys specs what are you goin to be running GTA:VC on mines is:

CPU: Intel Pentium III, 500MHz

RAM: 384 SDRAM

GRAPHICS CARD: NVidia GeForce 4 Ti 4600

SOUND CARD: Creative Sound Blaster L!ve 5.1 Digital

MONITOR: Samsung 17" CRT

Or just read my long signature.

The Performance on my computer is nothing to smile @, Ahtlon XP 1900+ 512mb DDR, Geforce 3 ti 200 64mb DDR, Game runs on 1024x768 16 bit, but not good , not smoothly at all, lag every 4 or 5 frames. Thank god I have it on ps2 (N)