Possible Kojima Productions Reveal? Big Boss Says Hi.

3OHMAGAD3.jpg

:laugh:

For some more real speculation, someone reminded me it rained the day Raiden was born, more hints at Metal Gear Raiden?

I found the storyline pretty terrible as well, wasn't that interesting. Yes, it's the story of Big Boss but it never captured my interest or made me want to play just for an hour extra to unlock some more story, unlike MGS1. Though storyline wise, MGS2 is definitely the bottom feeder, that was just horrible.

Really you think so? I found the MGS2 storyline to be splendid. Borrowing heavily from literary styles like postmodernism. But I guess one play games to relax and waste time, not to face a complicated plot, so I understand you. In fact let me correct myself, for me the best plot is from MGS2, but the best character development is from MGS3.

MGS4 is a game I'd definitely play through again with a trophy patch. Haven't completed it in months, and I only played about 1/3rd of it when I updated my sound system. It sounded ridiculous though.

The site is up now: http://www.konami.jp/kojima_pro/next/

Nothing there though. Just the same scene from the Famitsu ad, and background noise.

In the page souce

<meta name="description" content="KOJIMA PRODUCTION "NEXT"">

<meta name="copyright" content="?2009 Konami Digital Entertainment" />

<meta name="keywords" content="Hideo Kojima,MGS,METAL GEAR>, NEXT, game, konami, kojima game, KJP, Kojima Production ">

Could be nothing or just him messing with us, knowing how much it will blow up on the forums.

Chat on the interwebs

From what I heard it'll just be DLC for the PS3 version. It'll focus on Raiden and it'll also come with the long awaited trophy patch for the game, too. I'd label it as a rumor for now, but it really wouldn't surprise me if that was it.

^ :laugh:

Reveal should be sometime today?

Kojima Productions Response To MGS4 Rumors

Early this morning an article from Kombo written by Matt Furtado stated that they received an email from an unknown publisher which we would like to know from whom. Although it's concerning the upcoming Kojima project, A new patch that will feature Raiden in an upcoming downloadable content update that will take control of Raiden through a total of 2 new chapters or more in the near future.

Kombo also stated that trophies are finally be making a debut and speaking of debut. It looks like the XBOX 360 will be experiencing Metal Gear Solid early as spring 2010. The 360 version will come packed with the downloadable content. Kombo also stated that PS3 owners will have it exclusive for several months before the 360 title is released.

Here at Game Of Honor; as much as we love rumors, we would rather get the truth instead of false information. Were all gamers at heart so I for one speaks for everyone when I say "Enough Of The Rumors". It's not a bad effort from Kombo to create such hits to achieve on there site. But Kombo had nothing to back up there sources. We love what we do; get the truth.

So we contacted our friends at Kojima Productions on this matter and there reaction toward it.

Kojima Productions "unfortunately we are still not working on a 360 version of MGS4. How ever, Were revealing something"

Who saw this coming? Post your feedbacks and let us know how you feel about this rumor and speak your mind, Bring honor.

Source: http://gameofhonors.blogspot.com/2009/05/k...se-to-mgs4.html

Unheard of Blog, take it for what you will.

Spawned out of this I believe

I was emailed an interesting rumor earlier this morning concerning the upcoming Konami announcement coming from the Kojima team. Now, some of this information I have heard previously from outside sources, but with it now circulating a little more, I feel as though it should be shared.

The most recent rumors surrounding the upcoming Kojima announcement are quite minor when compared to a new game announcement. As of now, the latest speculation is that Konami will announce Raiden based DLC for the PS3. Coinciding with the DLC will also be the long awaited Trophy patch for MGS4. Players will take control of Raiden through a total of 2 new chapters. Whether or not this will take place during the events of MGS4 or will be something completely new isn't known.

It's also being rumored that MGS4 will officially be announced for the 360. To keep Sony and PS3 owners happy, the 360 won't see the game until Spring 2010. The 360 version will come packed with the DLC, but PS3 owners will have it exclusive for several months before the 360 title is released.

Too good to be true? I can see this happening. The 360 MGS4 rumor has been tossed around a lot lately, but I don't think Konami would tease this heavily for DLC alone. An announcement about DLC and the game going multiplatform would suggest the use of a teaser site and going the extra mile. Either way, we'll know for sure on Monday.

Source: http://ps3.kombo.com/article.php?artid=9993

Edited by Audioboxer

As much as i want to play MGS4 again i wish the MGS4 on 360 rumour would just go away its boring seeing it every time there is something teased or about to be announced by Kojima everyone jumps on the "OMG 360 VERSION IS COMING!!!!!!!!!" bandwagon.

about that picture...

3. Those crazy clouds

This could be any number of things. Our leading theory is that the clouds make up the shape of an airplane -- perhaps a bomber,

i tried looking it up, and the most interesting thing i have come up so far was a page about how 'clouds' are really UFO's in the Bible...

but anyway, today is the big day... i wonder what kind of meaning is behind the picture after all?

So what was the announcement????

Now there is a countdown on the site (94:14:40), with a 5 that comes in now and then.

So does that now mean in a little less than 4 days the announcement will be made?

Hopefully it will be Raiden DLC for MGS4 or a remake of MGS3. Personally I thought MGS3 was one of the best in the series. Throw in a remake using the MGS4 engine, Octocamo and the best bosses in a video game and you've got a bucket full of win. :p

Nah, I'm not a fan of the MGS4 engine. It's too fiddly, and it makes the game more of a third/first-person shooter than a stealth action game.

I'm pretty sure a "5" flashes up every now and then behind the countdown overlay... anyone else see it?

Nah, I'm not a fan of the MGS4 engine. It's too fiddly, and it makes the game more of a third/first-person shooter than a stealth action game.

I enjoyed the 3rd person style camera much more. It doesn't deter from the stealth one bit imo.

By the MGS4 engine I was actually referring to the graphics engine.

I'm pretty sure a "5" flashes up every now and then behind the countdown overlay... anyone else see it?

Yeah, I see it as well.

EDIT: It might be an "S" though. I remember the MGS4 E3 trailer and the font was exactly the same as that S/5.