Possible Kojima Productions Reveal? Big Boss Says Hi.

If it really is MGS 5, the whole site and hype is sort of underwhelming. Sure it will be great to have another Metal Gear game; but why make such a "mysterious site" for it if everyone figures it out in a day or two?

I'm still pushing for this to somehow turn around to become a Zone of the Enders 3 announcement :laugh:

It's probably going to multiplatform on the 360 as well, maybe even day 1:1 release, so the ****storm that PR announcement will cause between console fanboys will be huge.

It's probably going to multiplatform on the 360 as well, maybe even day 1:1 release, so the ****storm that PR announcement will cause between console fanboys will be huge.

I doubt it, Kojima seemed to be really pleased with what he could do on the PS3.

Its not up to Kojima though its up to Konami, if they want to make it go multiplatform then theres nothing Kojima can do, i would bet on whatever Metal Gear it is to go multiplatform they cant afford not to especially with the economic climate as it is to be limited to the console with lesser userbase.

Its not up to Kojima though its up to Konami, if they want to make it go multiplatform then theres nothing Kojima can do, i would bet on whatever Metal Gear it is to go multiplatform they cant afford not to especially with the economic climate as it is to be limited to the console with lesser userbase.

I doubt that but I don't know, Konami could contract it out to get someone else to do the 360 conversion but I doubt Kojima would do it with his people. He even talked about how MGS4 took so long because they were learning new hardware, and how he was looking forward to making another game on PS3 because his team wouldn't have to go through that learning curve again, if they made it for 360 it would be the same thing all over again.

Again its not up to Kojima, Kojima Productions is part of Konami Computer Enterainment Japan if they say do Metal Gear multiplatform he will do Metal Gear multiplatform irrespective of how hard it is to code for another console.

Again its not up to Kojima, Kojima Productions is part of Konami Computer Enterainment Japan if they say do Metal Gear multiplatform he will do Metal Gear multiplatform irrespective of how hard it is to code for another console.

As much as that might be true, they gave him his own studio so he can work on his own games, for all we know they might be letting him do what he wants as long as he hits certain numbers.

And we don't know what deals have possibly already been made, maybe Sony has already locked up any sequels.

They didnt "give him his own studio" he was already making games for Konami since the 80s they just formalised the relationship when Konami merged several teams into KCEJ a few years ago.

Kojima has a seat in the directors but he cant just do what he wants, he will do what Konami tells him to, its not financially viable to create a tens of millions of dollars worth of game and limit it to the console that costs more to make games for with a relatively lower userbase than the other consoles.

I would bet that the next game will be multiplatform.

They didnt "give him his own studio" he was already making games for Konami since the 80s they just formalised the relationship when Konami merged several teams into KCEJ a few years ago.

Kojima has a seat in the directors but he cant just do what he wants, he will do what Konami tells him to, its not financially viable to create a tens of millions of dollars worth of game and limit it to the console that costs more to make games for with a relatively lower userbase than the other consoles.

I would bet that the next game will be multiplatform.

As much as I believe the next game will be multiplatform I hope you aren't implying MGS4 didn't make money, it sold 4.5 million copies and if you look at Konamis financial reports when MGS4 hit their revenue blasted upwards.

Of course im not i love Metal Gear Solid 4 its definately in my list of top 10 games ive played, ever.

However only studios like Konami will have big budgets to create epic games like Metal Gear and they will want to widen their horizons as much as they can to recoup as much as they can, you can already see it happening with Squenix, imagine how much more money Konami would have made if it had been multiplatform.

Of course im not i love Metal Gear Solid 4 its definately in my list of top 10 games ive played, ever.

However only studios like Konami will have big budgets to create epic games like Metal Gear and they will want to widen their horizons as much as they can to recoup as much as they can, you can already see it happening with Squenix, imagine how much more money Konami would have made if it had been multiplatform.

But imagine how much money Konami would make selling out to MS' rivals Apple... oh wait they did :laugh:

iPod/iMac branding is just a little bit infused into MGS4.

But imagine how much money Konami would make selling out to MS' rivals Apple... oh wait they did :laugh:

iPod/iMac branding is just a little bit infused into MGS4.

Well, they could make the in-game player a Zune, and change the cut scenes to show an HP laptop.

I've said before, the best bet to see multi-platform from this game is a seperate version of MGO.

Product placement is not hard to replace and certainly not a reason the game would never be ported.

Not to mention, Apple don't pay to advertise their products (that's why the logo is always covered in media like tv/movies). I'm sure MS wouldn't have such a problem though if they did swap the iPod for a Zune.

@Corris, yup it's your turn this time :p

I'm going to the pub so I'll be home at like 2am, I'll write up the news article if you want :p

Might contain some typos though!

Those cans were like ?0.2 a pop> in tiny Czech sidestreet kiosks, believe me, when you bring a months worth a salary you don't let the cheap drinking opportunity go to waste

1208838560086.png

That's criminal pricing.

Dont mean to be an ar**hole but what does beer have to do with the topic at hand.

Beer is relevant to man, therefore beer is always relevant, any time, anywhere.

Cut us some slack dude, it's a nice night outside, we're sitting twiddling our thumbs in this topic anyway until this announcement counter is up. There isn't much we can really talk about:pp

Maybe the announcement will be Solid Snake Beer?

Dont mean to be an ar**hole but what does beer have to do with the topic at hand.

Because it's macho and cool. Even if it does taste like licking dried **** of the pavement.

Lmfao.

My brother, the family beer connseiur would hang his head in shame at UK fellows drinking crappy American Bud. He himself is more of a Guiness man.

Me = Jager <3

New Metal Gear Listed at 7-Eleven

US, May 21, 2009 - The countdown on the big teaser site over at Kojima Productions is scheduled to hit zero in about eight hours from the publishing of this story. But there may already be some hints as to the identity of the upcoming game.

A listing at a Japanese 7-Eleven e-Commerce database makes mention of a new Metal Gear game. A similar listing makes mention of a new DS entry in Namco Bandai's Japan-only Idol Master series. The Idol Master game has pretty much been confirmed, so we're likely to believe the Metal Gear listing as well!

The listings actually aren't for the games themselves, but for upcoming issues of magazines that will offer coverage of the games. In the case of the Metal Gear listing, the magazine is Famitsu PSP+PS3. Yes, it's an all PlayStation magazine! This would imply that the new game is for either the PSP or the PS3.

The magazine that's set to feature the game is due to hit Japanese retail on May 30. We'll hopefully know before then the true identity of the new Kojima Productions game.

Source: http://uk.ps3.ign.com/articles/985/985428p1.html