Possible Kojima Productions Reveal? Big Boss Says Hi.

Obviously you guys missed the topic with the actual scans :p

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=776786

I doubt it's remakes of the first 2 games when Raiden appears in the scans above?

Didnt see that topic. :D

Oops. I missed it as well.

I still like the sound of remakes though!!! :p

:wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub: :wub:

I love MGS4 its in the top 10 games of all time for me, i really hope its a new Snake/Big Boss game.

i wonder what is the story behind both the character's having only one eye? is it all the rage these days?

Big Boss has had only one eye ever since the very first Metal Gear game. He lost it during the events of Metal Gear Solid 3 after he was captured by Volgin and then hung up and tortured by him. Revolver Ocelot then came in and tried to play Russian Roulette on him, then just before he fired the bullet, The Boss shoved his hand away and he ended up pulling the trigger with the bullet going through his right eye and taking it out completely.

You mention "both the characters"; I assume you're talking about Old Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4. He hasn't actually lost his eye, he just wears the eye patch because it works as a sort of "combat enhancer". You don't have to wear it at all in the game, but it's a big help if you do use it.

You mention "both the characters"; I assume you're talking about Old Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4. He hasn't actually lost his eye, he just wears the eye patch because it works as a sort of "combat enhancer". You don't have to wear it at all in the game, but it's a big help if you do use it.

i am talking about

post-1522-1243389346.jpg

one of them looks like snake(the Che Guevarra looking guy), the other looks like raiden or something (the blonde long hair guy)

I'm going to spoil because the game IS 4 years old now and I think it's fine if I spoil the story.

Big Boss lost his right eye from getting in the way of Ocelot playing Russian Roulette that's correct. But he wasn't playing it on him, Ocelot was playing it on EVA (or Tatyana since she was in her disguise). ;)

As for the picture of "Raiden", there's a SLIGHT possibility that it could be Grey Fox, seeing as how Raiden has both his eyes at the end of MGS4 and Grey Fox is missing his left eye (like in the magazine picture)

I'm going to spoil because the game IS 4 years old now and I think it's fine if I spoil the story.

Big Boss lost his right eye from getting in the way of Ocelot playing Russian Roulette that's correct. But he wasn't playing it on him, Ocelot was playing it on EVA (or Tatyana since she was in her disguise). ;)

As for the picture of "Raiden", there's a SLIGHT possibility that it could be Grey Fox, seeing as how Raiden has both his eyes at the end of MGS4 and Grey Fox is missing his left eye (like in the magazine picture)

it makes sense that its grey fox based on the missing eye and his eye colour, but MGS 3 took place in the 60s and had old 60s technology which to me says that kojima is very accurate when it comes to tech and if the first 2 games take place in the 80s the pic of "grey fox" we see right now looks like its wayy to new tech, EXACTLY the tech in fact that Raiden has now.

I'm only speculating, 'cause based on the first game's storyline, Grey Fox should also be dead. If you recall, he was crushed by Metal Gear REX.

I'm only speculating, 'cause based on the first game's storyline, Grey Fox should also be dead. If you recall, he was crushed by Metal Gear REX.

in a world of giant mechs and cyber ninjas, id like to think that its plausable for someone to come back from the dead ;)

Oh come on. So nobody has even thought of using disassembling the SWF file.

Even in the end of the SWF file, there are a couple of interesting things.

frame.swf?lmt01=20090518100000&lmt02=20090522100000&lmt03=20090527100000&lmt04=20090602070000

It's a longshot, but something could be there.

EDIT: Interesting?

2009	05	18	100000

2009	05	22	100000

2009	05	27	100000

2009	06	02	070000

Oh come on. So nobody has even thought of using disassembling the SWF file.

I did, pages ago, and reinforced the belief that the countdowns were just countdowns to more teasers, I even provided a link to the full script that the site is running to count down. However, the swf doesn't contain anything of much interest, they did a good job keeping their secrets out of reach.

Nothing in that post is relevant any more though, once a new teaser is loaded they delete the old files and all the files in that post have been run already. This game isn't as exciting anymore though, since we know 100% it's new MGS stuff, so I am not going to bother trying any new swfs.

My fingers are crossed for a 360 MGS game though :D

Edited by sensurround

if the guy with the eyepatch is Big Boss, and he's already a villain in the first two MGS games, perhaps this time round you will take control of the blond hair guy instead of Snake, and you will be fighting Big Boss....

The mission was carried out by Gray Fox, one of FOXHOUND's top agents. His objective was simply to analyze the threat Outer Heaven posed and to neutralize it. However, the mission ended in failure as Gray Fox was captured. His final transmission before his disappearance simply read: "Metal Gear..."

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Operation_Intrude_N313

personally i cant wait for one of those 'Find missing our Gray Fox!' lines again

Edited by carmatic

MGS on the 360 finally. Sure it's not MGS4 port, but that's fine, i'm not losing any sleep.

The thing is that the game probably doesn't have the traditional gameplay of the Metal Gear Solid series, it'll probably be a Ninja Gaiden but with Raiden.

That's a wild assumption to make and completely baseless.

Actually there was something hinted like that, I read it in the Gamespot forums. I'll try to find the link of the interview with Kojima that hinted the gameplay was gonna be different.