Windows 7s Hidden "7" logo in start menu ?, did you see it ?

Just notice the Windows 7 boot animation carefully. Its just the logo enlarged a bit, overlaid on top of the original logo and blurred to give the appearance of a glow thats causing all the flares. The boot animation show this entire process. That the corners take the outline of the "7" seems purely coincidental.

I don't have a Windows 7 VM right now, so cannot show screenshots.

how much time did you spend looking at start menu button?

less than 10 minutes after seeing the windows lounge 7 logo ;)

can we have a "7 of 9" background included in retail :p

how much time did you spend looking at start menu button?

Probably not long.

I always thought that the green glow was a 7, never thought it was special or clever just a nice little touch.

Stop lambasting the guy over his pointing out of something he thought was interesting, with out anyone posting this site would be pretty dead.

can we have a "7 of 9" background included in retail tongue.gif

That would mean we only have two versions of Windows left! :o

I think that there is a connection, but you have it backwards.

The stylized box art '7' in the first post is made to look like the top right of the Windows logo, not the other way around.

Stop lambasting the guy over his pointing out of something he thought was interesting, with out anyone posting this site would be pretty dead.

What do you expect of Neowin forums? The home of cynical, jestful, and patronizing posters all itching to post a fail-cat picture :)

It seems no one can get along in a thread at Neowin. Yet it's this friction occurring in every thread that makes this place interesting.

What gives someone the motivation to even ponder the existence of something like this or even make a post about it with the effort to type on their keyboard? Isn't this the ultimate essence of "Who gives a ****?...."

What gives someone the motivation to post a useless response in a thread when they don't "give a ****", as you put it? Seriously, why not just move on and not post if you don't care about something? Why post such a negative response when the author of the thread was just trying to inform us all of something he thought was a possibility? Here's some news for you - other people are not the same as you; everyone finds different things interesting.

Disclaimer - This isn't me posting as a moderator; this is me posting as a member and just trying to figure out why people post such responses as yours.

I think they took the 7 logo off the corner of the Windows flag/logo.

This. The Windows logo has had that shape for years and years, I'm not sure why anyone would conclude that it was designed to be shaped like a 7 instead of the other way around.

What gives someone the motivation to post a useless response in a thread when they don't "give a ****", as you put it? Seriously, why not just move on and not post if you don't care about something? Why post such a negative response when the author of the thread was just trying to inform us all of something he thought was a possibility? Here's some news for you - other people are not the same as you; everyone finds different things interesting.

Disclaimer - This isn't me posting as a moderator; this is me posting as a member and just trying to figure out why people post such responses as yours.

+1. Glad to see mods comfortable as posting as members too.

Anyway back on topic.

It does seem like there is alot of emphasis (spelling?) on the green but I think it may be a accident or coincidence.

What do you expect of Neowin forums? The home of cynical, jestful, and patronizing posters all itching to post a fail-cat picture :)

It seems no one can get along in a thread at Neowin. Yet it's this friction occurring in every thread that makes this place interesting.

Can't argue with that (or is that against the rules? :p)

As a couple people have pointed out, the 7 logo was taken from the Windows logo. It's just the top right corner of the Windows logo.

As a couple people have pointed out, the 7 logo was taken from the Windows logo. It's just the top right corner of the Windows logo.

Well, that's not confirmed. It's just a theory some people have ;)

I've decided, I think it was a coincidence :)

Oh yea, u mean 2 months of absolutely nothing to do vacation ;) .........

@Telemachus : wallpaper is uploaded

Kruh_by_analogia_deviantart.bmp

Thanks, picture kinda small though, but thank you so much none the less! ^,^

This is a well hidden secret, but Microsoft has always hidden the version number in the windows logo. Just look at this for proof.

LOL!

Seven segment LED numbers for the win. :rofl: