Windows 7s Hidden "7" logo in start menu ?, did you see it ?

Quote - (osuwildlifer @ Jun 3 2009, 10:18)

Please oh please make this thread die a horrible death...

I second that motion!

Stop Whining ppl. The thread asked for an answer. Asking If anyone knows if MS intentionally posted that for somekind of an Ad or was it just a coincidence..... yea It has some optical illusion also.

Its you who bring up the thread in front guys, Im not making junk or any to get this thread to come up the list. you guys just post something saying that you hate this thread and woa. the thread goes up again with few more 13k+ views.

I wonder how you will react if MS used this as an Ad for real. just kidding..

win31.gif

LOOK! The 7's there to, MS planned it :shiftyninja:

Really, I wonder how much time u spend to get that image and tell some crap.. ;)

I agree as well.

But, for the sake of argument, let's say the 7 logo is in the orb. The bottom line is...SO WHAT? Who cares?

This thread is quite meaningless and should be locked, in my opinion.

Obviously the author of this thread is interested and also some other people in this thread are. Does that answer your question of "Who cares?". Just because you don't care about something, it doesn't mean other people don't...

You're actually serious? I'm not trying to be confrontational with a mod, but this thread is totally absurd. Honestly....why is the theory as to whether a 7 is supposedly hidden in the orb or not relevant to anything?

By the way...A 7 was found hidden on a can of Campbell's Soup!!

Campbells7.jpg

Campbells7a.jpg

Campbells7a1.jpg

@UncleSpellbinder :laugh: :laugh:

LOL at you. I wonder. Dont you get anything ? just Stop whining. You get this only ? man you'v wasted a lot of time for that.. Understand the Posts Question and post relevent stuff. A question was asked and you ?

match the windows lounges 7 mark and talk. any kindergarden kid can find 7s anywhere. but this is a exact match. Even it turns out to be a coincidence or an optical illusion.

you just made the thread go back to the tops. ;)

:busted:

@ all who says this is crap. Guys No hard feelings. Just get the point. This turned out to be a "?" for me at that time, and thats why I posted this. So be kewl.

:busted:

@UncleSpellbinder :laugh: :laugh:

LOL at you. I wonder. Dont you get anything ? just Stop whining. You get this only ? man you'v wasted a lot of time for that.. Understand the Posts Question and post relevent stuff. A question was asked and you ?

match the windows lounges 7 mark and talk. any kindergarden kid can find 7s anywhere. but this is a exact match. Even it turns out to be a coincidence or an optical illusion.

you just made the thread go back to the tops. ;)

Wasn't "whining". Was actually just responding to Calum. The Campbell's Soup thing was added on a whim. Thought it was funny.

In any event, you're right about bringing to the top! :laugh:

The Campbell's Soup thing was added on a whim. Thought it was funny.

:o ;) :rolleyes: :D :laugh:

In any event, you're right about bringing to the top! :laugh:

:whistle:

My god, this is still an active thread? When I first saw this soon after it was posted I just did a /facepalm and quickly hit the Back button.

My god, this is still an active thread? When I first saw this soon after it was posted I just did a /facepalm and quickly hit the Back button.

I never thought that this would go this much. 13K+ views ? I think facepalming isnt enough. :punch:

others also are trying to see things in a different angle. ;)

Cjay you are a very funny little spammer. Those without the intelligence to contribute to meaningful conversations often are. And yet you keep trying! Awesome! :rofl:

You're actually serious? I'm not trying to be confrontational with a mod, but this thread is totally absurd. Honestly....why is the theory as to whether a 7 is supposedly hidden in the orb or not relevant to anything?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with disagreeing with a moderator's opinion, so don't worry about that :)

Yes, I am serious about this, especially after seeing the following image from Imran Imran Hussain's blog (ithinkdifferent) -

image-3.png

It can clearly be seen that the '7' logo fits perfectly on that corner of the Windows flag and it's likely that the '7' logo was modelled off that. I think it's a co-incidence but it's still a possibility and I would never have known that it fits perfectly if it wasn't for this thread by Cjay, as I would never have thought to look around.

So yes, I am serious :) I'm interested in this and I know some others are. It seems members either agree with this thread as they see the possbility or they vehemently disagree. If members disagree, why post? Especially when they're posting things like "Who cares", "Why is this thread still alive" and nothing else. I see no reason for them to post of all.

As for finding the '7's in other places, including Campbell's tins, I don't think any of you understand. Look at the image above. The '7' fits perfectly on the corner of the Windows flag and it is the official '7' logo for the operating system named 'Windows 7' (that's how it's relevant). As for the Campbell's tin, whether there is a '7' or not in the logo, the number '7' has nothing to do with Campbells; therefore, the jokes don't work, in my opinion :) Find something where there is a hidden '7' and the '7' relates to the product itself and maybe it will have more credibility as a joke :)

Of course, that's all just my opinion, though and nothing to do with me being a moderator.

Edited by Calum

I'm pretty sure that this was intentional by MS and not just a coincidence

But what I don't get, is why the newest logo is blue ?

They've produced 4 different versions of this '7' logo, each with a different background colour; relating to the 4 'Windows flag' colours.

The screenshot you've posted is of a different '7', though, which I think is unofficial. I've only seen it on deviantArt in people's galleries and nowhere else. Where did you find it? :)

Edited by Calum

Cjay you are a very funny little spammer. Those without the intelligence to contribute to meaningful conversations often are. And yet you keep trying! Awesome! :rofl:

me a Spammer ?

iv less than 40 posts and you call me a spammer ?

:blink: Spam is the abuse of electronic messaging systems (including most broadcast media, digital delivery systems) to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately.

:spam:

Read Calums post and get an idea.

There's absolutely nothing wrong with disagreeing with a moderator's opinion, so don't worry about that :)

Yes, I am serious about this, especially after seeing the following image from Imran Imran Hussain's blog (ithinkdifferent) -

image-3.png

It can clearly be seen that the '7' logo fits perfectly on that corner of the Windows flag and it's likely that the '7' logo was modelled off that. I think it's a co-incidence but it's still a possibility and I would never have known that it fits perfectly if it wasn't for this thread by Cjay, as I would never have thought to look around.

So yes, I am serious :) I'm interested in this and I know some others are. It seems members either agree with this thread as they see the possbility or they vehemently disagree. If members disagree, why post? Especially when they're posting things like "Who cares", "Why is this thread still alive" and nothing else. I see no reason for them to post of all.

As for finding the '7's in other places, including Campbell's tins, I don't think any of you understand. Look at the image above. The '7' fits perfectly on the corner of the Windows flag and it is the official '7' logo for the operating system named 'Windows 7' (that's how it's relevant). As for the Campbell's tin, whether there is a '7' or not in the logo, the number '7' has nothing to do with Campbells; therefore, the jokes don't work, in my opinion :) Find something where there is a hidden '7' and the '7' relates to the product itself and maybe it will have more credibility as a joke :)

Of course, that's all just my opinion, though and nothing to do with me being a moderator.

Thats a quite good response to Unclespellbinder and to others as well who either likes or dislike this. I know many doesnt get the point here.

Thats a quite good response to Unclespellbinder and to others as well who either likes or dislike this. I know many doesnt get the point here.

Also, you're far from a spammer ;)

That's a picture of the 'old 7' :)

To get some perspective, for people to see - this is the new '7' and the old '7', side-by-side.

New - newlogo.jpgOld - old7.png

With just over 3 months before the official release

The "New" logo would have to be the final logo I presume :)

More than likely, if it's definitely true :)

I'm surprised I haven't seen it reported anywhere else, though.

I still don't know which I prefer :D

There can only be 1 and its lucky 7

newlogo.jpg

The original 4 square logo is not involved (that I can see)

Now, what's that new orb going to look like? :D

Edit:

Hey I was just looking twice at it, and it looks more like a Sock Puppet :D There's even two eyes !

Also, you're far from a spammer ;)

That's a picture of the 'old 7' :)

To get some perspective, for people to see - this is the new '7' and the old '7', side-by-side.

New - newlogo.jpgOld - old7.png

:rolleyes: Thanks for the info Calum.

With just over 3 months before the official release

The "New" logo would have to be the final logo I presume :)

interesting, but this MS page still has the old logo. http://www.microsoft.com/china/smb/local/promo/windows7RC/

guess we have to wait.....