Windows 7s Hidden "7" logo in start menu ?, did you see it ?

I agree as well.

But, for the sake of argument, let's say the 7 logo is in the orb. The bottom line is...SO WHAT? Who cares?

This thread is quite meaningless and should be locked, in my opinion.

Obviously the author of this thread is interested and also some other people in this thread are. Does that answer your question of "Who cares?". Just because you don't care about something, it doesn't mean other people don't...

Well, Lt-DavidW, that really does fit perfectly. Hmm :/ Now I don't know what to think :p Whether they meant this to be the case or not...

I'm going to go with coincidence, since the logo has been similar for the last 2 OS versions (XP and Vista), so you'd find a 7 in both places. That even looks like the Vista flag in the image to me.

Is it possible they based the 7 off the logo? Sure. But not the other way around.

I'm going to go with coincidence, since the logo has been similar for the last 2 OS versions (XP and Vista), so you'd find a 7 in both places. That even looks like the Vista flag in the image to me.

Is it possible they based the 7 off the logo? Sure. But not the other way around.

I agree, if anything, the 7 was definitely based off the flag logo, rather than the other way round because the flag logo is the same shape as the Vista one.

As for the image, I can't tell whether it is from Windows Vista or Windows 7. Has the flag changed much from Windows Vista?

I've decided now, actually, I also think it was a coincidence :yes:

What's with all the hate in this thread? The "7" he is talking about isn't just some angle that happens to look like a 7. It's that the particular curves on the top of the 7 and the angle of the right line happens to correspond to the top right corner of the flag. But of course, lots of people here are so full of themselves that they'd rather deride the OP instead of trying to understand him. And for SEVEN+ pages? For shame...

What's with all the hate in this thread? The "7" he is talking about isn't just some angle that happens to look like a 7. It's that the particular curves on the top of the 7 and the angle of the right line happens to correspond to the top right corner of the flag. But of course, lots of people here are so full of themselves that they'd rather deride the OP instead of trying to understand him. And for SEVEN+ pages? For shame...

Don't bother with them. They are making bigger fools out of themselves by actually taking the time to find the number 7 in all sorts of odd places where it was clearly not meant to be, while in the case of the OP, it actually makes sense and fits along the contours perfectly. A neat find, really. And yet these morons are digging this thread up for more of these "I FOUND 7 OMG" pics.

A mod had to sift through several pages earlier just to clean up all the derogatory comments (spam). Seems it's starting to pile up again...

I completely agree with this.

Neowin logo

< snipped >

Rotate 90 Deg clockwise

< snipped >

7 !!!

Rotate 90 Deg counterclockwise

< snipped >

7 !!!

It's a conspiracy!!! :alien:

:busted:

I agree, if anything, the 7 was definitely based off the flag logo, rather than the other way round because the flag logo is the same shape as the Vista one.

As for the image, I can't tell whether it is from Windows Vista or Windows 7. Has the flag changed much from Windows Vista?

I've decided now, actually, I also think it was a coincidence :yes:

Agreed.

yea Post-It Note, I dont get why these guys dont understand this thread. I just saw somwthing that i thought was a real or coincidence thing. So anyone can see it and confirm it or not. It might be disgusting to some folks that this thread seems to be getting bigger and bigger. well at least 10000+ views and if a majority of the viewers see this as an annoying/spam thread they can report this thread. but still i think it didn't happen. Pls. be a bit realistic guys. why post pictures of other logos and trying to find 7s in them ? this seven matches with the 7 perfectly. agreed with "The_Decryptor" this 7 is an image that murged out of the existing logo that was with us for many years......

UncleSpellbinder asked Who Cares ? well many did. and you also.even to post something ;)

Get the point guys, Im not telling that this is a Theory that lasts for ever or something. I just saw this. and wanted to share with others. just like you share other stuff that you find interesting to you.... dont tell me that you dont share... thats too bad of you.

LOL, This has turned into a spam thread..

Regards,

Atari.2600

P.s I dont agree with the 7 being inside the logo also.

It doesnt fit "inside" the logo. true. but it fits the outside top right coner very well. look at the image dude.

and you just spammed that too didnt you.

Don't bother with them. They are making bigger fools out of themselves by actually taking the time to find the number 7 in all sorts of odd places where it was clearly not meant to be, while in the case of the OP, it actually makes sense and fits along the contours perfectly. A neat find, really. And yet these morons are digging this thread up for more of these "I FOUND 7 OMG" pics.

A mod had to sift through several pages earlier just to clean up all the derogatory comments (spam). Seems it's starting to pile up again...

I do agree that the '7' logo is almost definitely based off of the Windows flag corner.

But I kinda thought we knew that when we first saw it, so I found my own 7.

In the form of 7 pages ><

Original, I know :p

There's no need for sarcasm in this thread, really. It's quite sad to see members making a mockery of the OP with "I found a 7 here!!!" comments. Anyway, that's an interesting find. I haven't looked at it that way until now. Even if it's coincidental, it's still interesting. Great find!

no no it isn't a 7. mess with your brightness and color controls on your monitor, you'll see it's only the window logo enlarged and glowing

But of course, lots of people here are so full of themselves that they'd rather deride the OP instead of trying to understand him.

Unfortunately, that is the current state of this site. When I first joined, it was a good place for discussions and information, but over the years, it has been taken over by people with the mentality of a 10 year old (no matter what their age).

You have 7,000 posts and from a state with the initials of MS, it must be a conspiracy. :wacko:

(Seriously though, I don't get it. Join two lines at a ~75 degree angle and rotate it and you have a 7. No surprise.)

The logo seems more like scientology or other logo. If you rotate it it is like a pyramid with sun on the top...same like on US dollar...

We're still talking about this?? Come on.... It's more of an "optical illusion" than anything... your brain looks for recognizable patterns in everything it receives from the senses.... It also can "connect the dots" in such a way as to make something appear out of nothing...... This "hidden" logo is not a logo at all.. it is merely your brain's attempt to find a pattern in your visual information.... It's basically Gestalt psychology.... Your brain may think it's seeing something like a 7, but that doesn't mean it was intended to be there.... Personally, I'd put money on it being coincidence, rather than design :p

I'd like to tell that the windows 7's "7" was formed from the Winflag itself... So, it is no surprise to find the "7" in the Winflag...

Please oh please make this thread die a horrible death...

One could say that the same "7" is visible in just about everything non-circular... including the VISTA orb's flag.