What are you reading right now?

I just finished The Lost Symbol - Dan Brown.

9/10 A very entertaining read, I preferred Angels & Demons, though.

And I'm just about to start The Partner by John Grisham. Read the book years ago and thought I would read it again.

I am currently reading Emperor: The Field of Swords by Conn Iggulden.

It is book 3 of 4 and the versions I have;

Emperor: The Gates of Rome (Softcover - 1st ed.)

Emperor: The Death of Kings (Softcover - 1st ed.)

Emperor: The Field of Swords (Softcover - 1st ed.)

Emperor: The Gods of War (Hardcover - 1st ed.)

The second edition is actually sold as a combo of all the books and has crappier coverart.

Right now im keeping my reading on the downlow, looking for a certain book that I cant find, and since the card I got from my bank dont work for onine purchases.

Mass Effect: Revelation

Gief :(

Right now I am reading "The Watchmen". I refuse to see the movie until I have finished the book.

I got half way through and thought **** it I'll watch the ultimate edition, I want to go back though!

• 1 month later...

To revive this thread...

After I finished all the currently available Dexter books, I moved onto the Sherlock Holmes novels/stories. I've read all of them and thoroughly enjoyed them.

I just recently finished the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy series (well, I haven't read the 5th, but I'm afraid to do so with so many people saying it's a complete disappointment).

Today I started reading The Hobbit and I plan to read the entire LoTR series. I'm only 14% into the book but I really like it so far.

Keep this thread alive!

EDIT: After some thought, I've decided this thread makes more sense in the Hobby Corner. However, if it seems like the majority think it should go back in the Media Room, then I'll gladly move it back. We'll see how it goes.

I'm currently reading the transcripts of the Mystery Babylon series by William Cooper. It's not a book exactly, but close enough IMO. It was a 42 episode radio broadcast that goes over the coming nwo and specifically the believes of the people that are working toward the nwo. It aired in '93 and to this day it is still the definitive source for information on the "mystery religion". I've already listened to the audio, but reading the transcript is giving me a way better understanding than just listening to the audio. I highly recommend it for anyone interested in finding the truth about the illuminati and freemasons. William Cooper predicted 9/11 months in advance and was murdered a couple months after 9/11. Coincidence?

Im really interested in war and the british army and im a big fan of the british armed forces so i read a lot of military documentary style books, i have currently just started reading:

An_Ordinary_Solider_HB.jpg

and recently finished:

x23649.jpg

Which i was very dissappointed with, i am a big fan of his two documentaries but this book is just the show in book form, he doesnt really go into any territory that wasnt shown on the TV.

Reading one of the missus favorite books, Madame Bovary. For classic literature it's rather trite.

Also reading two of the books by characters of The Pacific. A Helmet For My Pillow and With The Old Breed.

The Tao of Zen by Ray Grigg. The book argues that what we recognize as traditional Chinese Ch?an/Japanese Zen Buddhism is in fact almost entirely grounded in Chinese Taoist philosophy.

Currently on the fifth book of The Runelords - The Wyrmling Horde by David Farland. After I finish that up, it's finally on to the new Robert Jordan I got for Christmas...

Along with the 6 thick books I have to read for law school (Torts, Criminal Law, Contracts, Legal Writing), I am reading 1L by Scott Turow and the Law School Labyrinth by Steven Sedberry. Law is my life now and tech can wait.