What are you reading right now?

I just finished The Hobbit. It's almost 5 AM and I haven't been able to put it down since about midnight. Wow. Such an amazing book.

Tomorrow I plan to start on The Lord of the Rings trilogy. I can't wait :)

Umberto Eco Foucault's Pendulum - brilliant book!

"Yes. Mankind can't endure the thought that the world was born by

chance, by mistake, just because four brainless atoms bumped into one

another on a slippery highway. So a cosmic plot has to be found - God,

angels, devils. "

The prince of darkness is a gentleman.

-Shakespeare, King Lear, III, iv

Currently Reading: Vampire Diaries Book 5 (The Return)

Bought Yesterday: Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief

Strange Angels

Just finished reading: "Mass Effect: Revelation"

Going to read through: "Mass Effect: Ascension" now.

Drew Karpyshyn is very good on what he does. Bioware must really treasure him

Just recently finished "First Lord's Fury", final part of the Codex Alera series by Jim Butcher. Excellent read, very well written.

Working on the the fifth/final book of "The Banned and the Banished" series, "Witch Star." Great fantasy series, if you can get past the author's overuse of ap'ostr'ophe's.

On deck is "Black Magic Sanction", latest in the Rachel Morgan series, a fun read.

Anxiously awating "Changes", another Jim Butcher book, latest in the Harry Dresden series. Still waiting for the next chapter of the "A Song of Ice and Fire" series as well.. "A Dance with Dragons" is in the works but he's not giving any release dates, going with the "it's done when it's done" method.

Finished A Song of Ice and Fire: A Storm of Swords - G.R.R Martin recently. Got the next book in the series, but been holding off starting it for the last two months...These fantasy books take a lot of time. :sleep:

Just finished rereading Asimov's Robot/Foundation series. Where has all the good sci-fi gone?

On Deck:

Warhammer 40K - Space Wolf Omnibus

Das Kapital - Karl Marx

Brothers Karamazov - Dostoyevsky

Raymond E. Feist - Mistress of the Empire

Ah Feist, one of my favorite authors. I own all his work and have read them all probably a half dozen times each - so good.

I was reading The Covenant by James A. Michener. That guy writes such amazing historical novels. If you ever want to know the history of a place read a Michener book...it's entertaining and informative...and the great part is the informative part goes on subtly without you even knowing what's hitting you. A few hundred pages in, and you can lecture like a college professor on Hawaii, Alaska, Texas, hell, even Chesapeake Bay. Anyway, I was reading it until I lent it out to someone and haven't seen it since... :D :D

Ah Feist, one of my favorite authors. I own all his work and have read them all probably a half dozen times each - so good.

yep, I own all his books as well (got them dirt cheap) but have only finished the riftwar saga and the first 2 empire books so far. Unfortunately I don't have a contract anymore where I just sit and read a book all shift (sigh)

• 2 weeks later...

hey.

Quick question, do anybody listen to audiobooks? I love to read but do have the time. So just throw some on my iPod and i'm off.

"listening to"

breaking dawn

harry potter

fight club

left behind

the lovely bones

percy jackson

Robert B Parker : Jessie stone Series

hey.

Quick question, do anybody listen to audiobooks? I love to read but do have the time. So just throw some on my iPod and i'm off.

nope, they irritate me, personally.

Yeah, I'll +1 for Feist. One of these days, I'll even read the books in order (they're all jumbled up in my head).

I'm currently reading:

Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman.