[rel] Gmail Notifier Plus for Windows 7

And second, if possible, I would like Gmail Notifier Plus to be able not only to open the default browser, but an alternative client as well.

Maybe a setting to select which browser to use?

2 daty2k1

Hello, i am using this program but i have a problem.

I would like that Notifier is on Right Part of Taskbar (where is Gmail notifier for XP/Vista, MSN, Volume Control, etc...).

Anyone know how i can put it on this part?.

I have many windows on Taskbar and for me is a problem one more.

Regards

Which language is it written in?

I like it, both the interface and what it offers. In the first post there is a reference to the .NET API, but when launched the software "just" uses about 8 MB of RAM, the .NET VM should need more memory doesn't it?

Thanks for everything.

This is an absolutely amazing app, and the first thing I get when I do a new install. Thanks for all the hard work.

The new version seems to fix all the .NET exceptions that I was having with version 1.0 as well. Nice job!

Which language is it written in?

I like it, both the interface and what it offers. In the first post there is a reference to the .NET API, but when launched the software "just" uses about 8 MB of RAM, the .NET VM should need more memory doesn't it?

Thanks for everything.

I believe it is written in C# .NET, which applications are generally small in size and don't require a lot of memory. Someone correct me if i'm wrong.

version 2.0 is OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Updated with new version 2.0! You can get it here or here.

Change log for 2.0:

[New] Multiple accounts support A default account can now be set. It will be used when clicking on "Compose mail" or "Go to your inbox"

[New] Customizable sound notification

[New] Removed glass effect from mail preview for more usability

[New] Supporting up to 99 mails

[New] Switched to the recently released Windows 7 Code Pack v1.0 (Windows 7 specific features should be more stable)

[Fixed] Crash when moving to the next mail when there are more than 20 mails

[Fixed] Automatic login not working when password contains special characters

[Fixed] Crash when settings were transferred from another machine

I removed the Spanish translation for now as I'll need to have new text translated.

For everyone who wanted to help with the translations, you can use this file. Just send it back to notifierplus at gmail dot com stating for which language it is :)

What's new in 1.2:

- Google Apps support

- Application will no longer appear first in alt-tab

- Fixed mail counter in preview when there are more than 99 unread messages

- Additional bug fixing

What's new in 1.1:

- Updated unread counter icon to make it clearer

- Added multi-language support: English, French and Spanish (thanks Demgel!) at the moment.

- Added automatic login to gmail when opening a message or the inbox

The Gmail icon used in this application was created by Chris Ivarson.

If the jump list is not working for you, make sure you have this option checked (thanks thehosh for figuring this out):

511tvc.png

Feel free to report any bug you might encounter :)

woo woo dling now!

daty2k1, is there a way to get a visual notification when new mail comes in?

Well, I can't get taskbar flashing to work as I'd like it to :( Someone suggested to use the progress bar feature so I might give it a shot.

Well, I can't get taskbar flashing to work as I'd like it to :( Someone suggested to use the progress bar feature so I might give it a shot.

Ahh, okay! Glad to see it's on your plate. I love the program, just wish it had some visual notification. Sometimes I look and I'll have like 10+ mails :D

like it alot, using it now because of the multi account :)

but because im using it with 6 accounts, and its almost as wide as my widescreen monitor, is there a way to turn off previews and just have it stacked type thing ?

turn it from

post-36462-1250986378_thumb.jpg

to something like

post-36462-1250986365_thumb.jpg

like it alot, using it now because of the multi account :)

but because im using it with 6 accounts, and its almost as wide as my widescreen monitor, is there a way to turn off previews and just have it stacked type thing ?

turn it from

post-36462-1250986378_thumb.jpg

to something like

post-36462-1250986365_thumb.jpg

Indeed, it's huge. I could add an option for when you have many accounts. You'd get only the list of accounts in the jump list with the number of unread mails (like you suggested). I'll see what I can do :)

Great work again, daty2k1 :)

Although, it could just be me but your second download link isn't working correctly? I'm getting a 3kb file.

Hmmm, it's working fine now but maybe localhostr is having issues sometimes.

awesome, and awesome program also

Indeed, it's huge. I could add an option for when you have many accounts. You'd get only the list of accounts in the jump list with the number of unread mails (like you suggested). I'll see what I can do :)

daty2k1, u think maybe in a future release we'll have an option to change the size of the numbers on the envelope?

I'm maybe getting older but those numbers are tiny!

im right there with you, lol. i dont even bother trying to read the number, i just see it and check my inbox :D

D