[rel] Gmail Notifier Plus for Windows 7

i have about 6 Gmail accounts, will i be able to use multiple instances of this or does it support multiple accounts ?

It's too bad I use a Firefox extension to update my mail notices, otherwise this is amazing work!

There is no unread mail indicator with taskbar with small icons.

Yep, unfortunately overlay icon is not visible with small icons :(

i have about 6 Gmail accounts, will i be able to use multiple instances of this or does it support multiple accounts ?

You can only run one instance of the application at the moment. I'll try to add multiple account support in the next version.

awesome app.. but for some odd reason it doesn't show the tasks when i right click, nor the unread emails on right click.. post-295134-1243770415.png

also any chance of making this work with Firefox Prism/ Google Gears

also cool idea to have a notifier for new mail? just an idea ;)

thx

Edited by thehosh

A very nifty tool, thanks a lot for that.

One feature request: would it be possible to prevent opening a new tab when Gmail is already open in a browser-tab and just focusing the tab instead. Otherwise I end up having multiple tabs with Gmail open.

@thehosh: I've seen this happen on a friend's computer. Unfortunately I've not been able to figure out why this is happening. All I know is that it gives an error saying "Access denied" when trying to add items to the jump list :(

awesome application. Will write about it on my blog in my signature :) Although I have an issue, it doesn't work fine with my Google apps account. It should be opening the inbox as mail.google.com/a/ithinkdiff.com, instead it opens up mail.google.com/mail which is my gmail account. Although it works and checks for mail with my Google Apps account perfectly, I just can't open them up from the app.

well I have yet to be able to use this great program. Since my password was put in wrong, I have deleted it off my taskbar, went into regedit and deleted any findings for gmail and restarted, yet I still get the

post-119661-1243693016.jpg

How can I fix my settings so I can use this thing?

well I have yet to be able to use this great program. Since my password was put in wrong, I have deleted it off my taskbar, went into regedit and deleted any findings for gmail and restarted, yet I still get the

in taskbar- right click gmail notifier->change account settings

2exleg9.png

great app, thanks.

it will be great if each new email can be displayed in a separate thumbnail (like IE tabs), and I would love this app to be installed rather than just running an exe file

wow great app dude, cringed when I saw win7 only...why couldnt you do one for vista, pls. Still looks awesome mate, look forward to installin that puppy when win7 comes out.

One feature request: would it be possible to prevent opening a new tab when Gmail is already open in a browser-tab and just focusing the tab instead. Otherwise I end up having multiple tabs with Gmail open.

+1

hmm quick question.. did he by any chance upgrade from vista rather than clean install?

Nope, clean install. Actually, we tried to run the app right after he installed Windows and it was working fine. I think he does something at some point that breaks the thing :(

awesome application. Will write about it on my blog in my signature :) Although I have an issue, it doesn't work fine with my Google apps account. It should be opening the inbox as mail.google.com/a/ithinkdiff.com, instead it opens up mail.google.com/mail which is my gmail account. Although it works and checks for mail with my Google Apps account perfectly, I just can't open them up from the app.

Actually, it just opens gmail and expects that you have saved your credentials before. I know this is not great but I haven't found a way to directly login to a specific account from the URL. If you know how to do that, I'll gladly implement it :)

The easiest way would be to go to 'C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming' and delete the 'Gmail Notifier Plus' folder.

you do not plan to lay out the sources? http://sourceforge.net/ ?

No plan for that right now but you can easily look at the source using .NET Reflector.

Strange, it opens in a new tab for me. What browser are you using?

does it alert you when you receive a new email? it doesn't seem to do that for me

At the moment it will only update the counter but I think it's a good idea. I'll try to add some taskbar flashing when you receive new mail.

Nope, clean install. Actually, we tried to run the app right after he installed Windows and it was working fine. I think he does something at some point that breaks the thing :(

i see.. well i am planning to download latest RC (7137, or 7200 if it gets leaked quick enough), and when i do, i'll try and check what is breaking this! i will restart the app everytime i change anything.. will keep you updated ;)