[rel] Gmail Notifier Plus for Windows 7

+1 on making the number of unread bigger.

I can't seem to get rid of the word Gmail Notifier Plus from the taskbar button either, unless I close the App.

button.png

I'd like to see the ability to doubleclick or something to open up Gmail or some other app. For example I use Google Chrome to turn Gmail into an icon on the taskbar and that is far more convenient to use than the notifier at this point because opening Gmail doesn't take much time and I don't need to constantly check e-mail anyway.

I love how Microsoft Windows Programming SDK has all of this and now trys to clean up how 3rd party apps look like and makes it look windows 7.

Guys useing windows xp please switch you will never go back (yeah i took it off the mac saying)

Hi! amazing program!!. Im using it at work and we have an http proxy, and it looks like its not getting through it. Can it be made to use the IE settings, or have its own?

again. AMAZING!!

thanks, diego

Very nice. I did get a JIT error on first launch, but I just hit "Continue" and it seems fine now.

Keep up the good work!

awesome app.. but for some odd reason it doesn't show the tasks when i right click, nor the unread emails on right click.. post-295134-1243770415.png

also any chance of making this work with Firefox Prism/ Google Gears

also cool idea to have a notifier for new mail? just an idea ;)

thx

The way I fixed that issue was I closed it, then unpinned it and then repinned it to the taskbar.

@OP

Nice application, it has a lot of potential. Thanks for the hard work!

Also, I've been working on multiple account support but I realized it's not gonna be easy to get it right... Especially the overlays and jump list items.

no probs ;) also if you want it translated.. i can do dutch translations ;)

The way I fixed that issue was I closed it, then unpinned it and then repinned it to the taskbar.

@OP

Nice application, it has a lot of potential. Thanks for the hard work!

hey thx for that.. but didn't work ..

I will release a new version soon with improved mail counter, multi language support, automatic login when opening the inbox and maybe some other things :)

I second the request for Google Apps support for users that have domain hosted email with Google.

On a related note I wished Google did better with its support for a unified Google Account, similar to how Windows Live does it. When I sign in with my Google Apps account it should know what to do for the service i sign into.

I second the request for Google Apps support for users that have domain hosted email with Google.

On a related note I wished Google did better with its support for a unified Google Account, similar to how Windows Live does it. When I sign in with my Google Apps account it should know what to do for the service i sign into.

Yeah, I've never figured out why if I sign in to mail.google.com it doesn't just forward me to mail.google.com/a/mydomain ??!

Also.. it seems to show alerts (AND MESSAGES!) for google apps emails but won't forward to the inbox, compose etc... so should be a pretty easy fix?

Great app daty2k1!

Hey, it would be great if you could customize where it opened gmail (eg a prism app or chrome application shortcut.)

But hey this is awesome anyway :)

Thanks!

Love the app! I did change the icon on my system.

Sound notification would be awesome. How about changing it a bit so that the jump list could go to GMdesk (another great gmail app) instead of the default web browser?

post-93111-1243875546.jpg

I just saw this, you could fix the login name shown right here:

1243897246.jpg

"Yeah m8 but just enter your address without @gmail.com!"

I know, but the ideal would be to work with or without the @gmail.com (: Anyway, it's just a small detail.

Yeah, this should be fixed, especially if you're using a custom domain for Gmail (@yourworkplaceemail.com instead of @gmail.com).

Otherwise, great app. (Y)

How easy would it be to do a similar application for other mail services such as Windows Live Mail, or for IMAP/POP3 accounts?

Edited by rm20010

Great stuff! Good work, Definitely.

One request/comment from me, I think it was echoed somewhere in the thread -

Even though it has no real window, The application appears during window switching (alt-tab etc).

Somewhat uncomfortable, But probably inevitable?