[rel] Gmail Notifier Plus for Windows 7

i see.. well i am planning to download latest RC (7137, or 7200 if it gets leaked quick enough), and when i do, i'll try and check what is breaking this! i will restart the app everytime i change anything.. will keep you updated ;)

Also, I've been working on multiple account support but I realized it's not gonna be easy to get it right... Especially the overlays and jump list items.

Edited by daty2k1

Would you like a spanish translation? In case nobody already offered to do it, let me know so I can send it to you as soon as possible ;)

Gr8 app!

I'm loving this app! I got it early today and it has worked without any problems so far. The only thing that bugs me a little is the size of the small balloon which indicates the number of emails. My resolution is 1280x1024 on a 19" monitor and the balloons are tiny. :pinch:

thanks for the awesome app! Is there any way to change the mail application it opens to chrome? Right now I have a webapp for gmail created by chrome which I leave open all day in my taskbar, it would be awesome if this app linked right to it!

I just saw this, you could fix the login name shown right here:

1243897246.jpg

"Yeah m8 but just enter your address without @gmail.com!"

I know, but the ideal would be to work with or without the @gmail.com (: Anyway, it's just a small detail.

Great app thanks for giving it to us, how to follow updates? albeit it doesn't needs.

I'll post updates here for now :)

thanks for the awesome app! Is there any way to change the mail application it opens to chrome? Right now I have a webapp for gmail created by chrome which I leave open all day in my taskbar, it would be awesome if this app linked right to it!

At the moment, it opens in your default browser. I'll have to try these Chrome web apps to see if I can do something.

I just saw this, you could fix the login name shown right here:

1243897246.jpg

"Yeah m8 but just enter your address without @gmail.com!"

I know, but the ideal would be to work with or without the @gmail.com (: Anyway, it's just a small detail.

Good idea, I'll add a check for that :)

Hey, you made it on ghacks.net. Located here: http://www.ghacks.net/2009/05/31/windows-7-gmail-notifier/

Wow nice :D

Support for Google Apps

Support for multiple accounts

Make the installer

Make a figure that was much easier to read

I do not know whether it is sold here or there, but also propose to include in the program force-update the boxes, which by Google fetchitsya mail.

when turned off skin Windows7, this is a mistake, instead of the message - ?only in the native style windows7?%)

See the end of this message for details on invoking

just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************

System.InvalidOperationException: Visual Styles-related operation resulted in an error because no visual style is currently active.

at System.Windows.Forms.VisualStyles.VisualStyleRenderer.IsCombinationDefined(String className, Int32 part)

at System.Windows.Forms.VisualStyles.VisualStyleRenderer..ctor(String className, Int32 part, Int32 state)

at System.Windows.Forms.VisualStyles.VisualStyleRenderer..ctor(VisualStyleElement element)

at VistaControls.ThemeText.ThemedText.DrawOnHDC(IntPtr compatHdc, String text, Font font, Padding internalBounds, Rectangle bounds, Color color, TextFormatFlags formatFlags, IThemeTextOption[] options)

at VistaControls.ThemeText.ThemedText.Create(Graphics g, String text, Font font, Padding internalBounds, Rectangle bounds, Color color, TextFormatFlags formatFlags, IThemeTextOption[] options)

at VistaControls.ThemeText.ThemedLabel.OnPaint(PaintEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.PaintWithErrorHandling(PaintEventArgs e, Int16 layer, Boolean disposeEventArgs)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmPaint(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at VistaControls.ThemeText.ThemedLabel.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************

mscorlib

Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4918 (NetFXspW7.050727-4900)

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll

? Gmail Notifier Plus

Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0

Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0

CodeBase: file:///D:/programs/GmailN/Gmail%20Notifier%20Plus.exe

? System.Windows.Forms

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

? System

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

? System.Drawing

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

? System.Xml

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

? Accessibility

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

? System.Core

Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0

Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.4918 built by: NetFXw7

CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

? ************** JIT Debugging **************

To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this

application or computer (machine.config) must have the

jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.

The application must also be compiled with debugging

enabled.

For example:

<system.windows.forms jitDebugging=?true? />

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception

will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer

rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Wow, a fantastic app. indeed. I love how you've made it to support 7 so well, it's just so awesome and easy to use.

Great job on making this. (Y)

~ Bioran

This is amazing. Was looking for something like that for a long time. Downloaded and using now. Will post my impressions and/or comments after some time spent with this app.

(Y)

I do not know whether it is sold here or there, but also propose to include in the program force-update the boxes, which by Google fetch mail.

and here are a of Аlt + Tab to remove it) and then hang there, but no sense

I use google apps, so it works for listing my new mails etc, but if I click a link for go to Inbox or compose mail it tries to log me into standard google mail. It could either do with the ability to say it is an apps account or the ability to change the URL it attempts to log into.

Would be cool if author can release it on codeplex.com or sourceforge.net, so others can contribute to it as well, plus can use the windows 7 related code to their own applications.

Superb work.