Neowin Digital Gallery

Welcome to the Neowin photo gallery! Here you can post your pictures and discuss your photography techniques.

Please be mindful of our members on dial-up and try to keep the dimensions of the pics and the size of the files to a respectable size for 1024 x 768 viewers. Please refrain from quoting images in your replies.

I will also ask that you link to images on your own space, as much as possible.

Try to put more details from your camera settings and also talk about what you have done with photoshop.

There are a lot of photographers here that like your editing skills and would like to learn more.

The previous thread can be found here.

Thanks!

Some recent photos. The first two were taken with a Panasonic Lumix TZ5, as I had no SLR on me at the time. The photo of the beach has been touched up slightly in Photoshop, removing some telegraph poles on the horizon, and eliminating some of the reflection from the sand at the very bottom of the shot. The portrait is untouched.

normal_P1000548.jpg normal_P1000526.jpg

The next two were taken with a new 50D, however they were only in JPEG as I only had a 256MB Card on me at the time. The first photo has had a buoy, and a ship on the horizon removed. The second is untouched

normal__MG_0157.jpg normal__MG_0155.jpg

Hope you don't mind an amateur like me posting.

Enjoy ^.^

beautiful cat :D don't you just love it when they behave with a camera pointing at them?

Yeah, we were in the sun for about 30 minutes snapping pics :p

@MrChuang: As always amazing Macro there very intrigued by your work would love to get myself a macro lens eventually.

@crazzy88ss: Cool shots there dude, always got some great sports snaps!

I finally went out shooting with my cheapo Nikon 70-300mm f4-5.6 and found out it's a little too soft for my tastes on most of my shots. However, I realized afterward that the safe shutter speed for a focal length of 300mm is nooooowhere near that of one at 55mm. Plus, after the past few weeks of playing with low depths of field with indoor photography, my mind went forgot to raise the f-stops for landscape. *sigh* Oh well, at least next time I'm going to remember to think about my shots, rather than go into autopilot.

post-74203-1244408385_thumb.jpg

post-74203-1244408362_thumb.jpg

Time for a 70-200mm f2.8 VR! ;)

*sigh* Oh well, at least next time I'm going to remember to think about my shots, rather than go into autopilot.

One time when I was still pretty newbish I went to Pinecrest Lake in California. A few days before I had been shooting in Manual mode, which was kind of new for me. I forgot to change from Manual mode to Aperture mode and I didn't figure it out until halfway into the day. 90% of those shots were wasted.

One time when I was still pretty newbish I went to Pinecrest Lake in California. A few days before I had been shooting in Manual mode, which was kind of new for me. I forgot to change from Manual mode to Aperture mode and I didn't figure it out until halfway into the day. 90% of those shots were wasted.

:laugh: I did that once and now I always double check. The only thing I forget these days is the ISO setting....which of course by itself can ruin photos.

:laugh: I did that once and now I always double check. The only thing I forget these days is the ISO setting....which of course by itself can ruin photos.

I always forget to check my ISO too. I'll go take night shots at 400 or 800 ISO, then go take shots the next day and get about 50 grainy pictures before I remember. :laugh: