Keldyn buys a Digital Camera

my dog, Buddy

buddy.JPG

Can't live up to the quality of you guys pictures. It's just a Kodak EasyShare 3.1MP

Any suggestions for a new camera to buy that can take very nice pictures? Anything sub-$350 USD is fine.

I just got a new Sony 3.2 megapixel. 250 dollars. Didnt want anything super expensive. Im prone to losing things... lol

the pic looks alot better, i just had a hard time making it so it can fit into 250 kb

post-55-1066606457.jpg

I purchased another Fuji camera, I love the lens they use.

This one, an S5000 upgraded me from the 3800. The S5000

is a little more on the "prosumer" side than a point N snap.

I like the 10X optical zoom, RAW mode, and some manual

adjustments of shutter speed etc. The only downside is

that when you shoot in RAW mode, it sucks up the memory

card like a big dog since it's the raw data from the CCD.

In what is called 6m mode (3.1 megapixel + 3 interpolated)

I can shoot just over 80 pics, in RAW mode I can shoot

only 9. Soon as the XD cards come down in price (which

should be soon according to some camera sites) I'm going

to be getting a 256 meg. In RAW mode, that will give me

36 exposures, which, unless I'm at an airshow should be

enough until I can dump em off onto my PC.

I'd really like one of those $5000+ digitals like my cousin

has (he's a NFL photographer) but they are coming down

in price it seems evey 6 months. Won't be long until

the 6megapixel cameras will be down in the mid 300

dollar range

:alien:

nice pics keldyn.

i got my first "press pass" to concert that's gonna be on nov. 7th! hopefully i'll be able to show the pics to you guys...

Wow - nicely done Keldyn (Y)

A while back I mentioned I was getting a Canon EOS 300D (Digital Rebel) - well, I got it, and have been playing with it a bunch. Still have tons, and tons, and tons to learn. Plus, I need to work on my post-processing. Here are a couple I've taken (and the first I've posted to a website anywhere - heh, too intimidated to post on Fred Miranda's site or dpreview...)

IMG_0209_1.jpg

I took these couple shots in the dark. They came out very nice I think.

*sniff sniff*

AAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

*anita falls out of her chair, pleasantly stoned on roses*

As some of you may know, I'm considering buying a Sony DSC-P52/72 (https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=108932)

Will I be able to get anything like the kind of quality pictures you guys are getting with your cameras ??? (I know some of yours must be at least 2/3x the price)

If anyone has either the P32/52/72 (only difference is the zoom on them) could you post some pics?

As some of you may know, I'm considering buying a Sony DSC-P52/72 (https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=108932)

Will I be able to get anything like the kind of quality pictures you guys are getting with your cameras ??? (I know some of yours must be at least 2/3x the price)

If anyone has either the P32/52/72 (only difference is the zoom on them) could you post some pics?

andrewfee.. theres no reason why that camera couldn't take the same quality photos. its a 3.2mp. i know thats not everything, but as long as you can adjust settings manually (which is what most of these have done i'm sure), then you're good to go.

i can take similar quality pics with my 3.2mp canon a70 with manual settings. that canon EOS digital rebel though is in another league altogether. you should be able to match keldyn's quality with practice. he's a good photographer :)

andrewfee.. theres no reason why that camera couldn't take the same quality photos. its a 3.2mp. i know thats not everything, but as long as you can adjust settings manually (which is what most of these have done i'm sure), then you're good to go.

i can take similar quality pics with my 3.2mp canon a70 with manual settings. that canon EOS digital rebel though is in another league altogether. you should be able to match keldyn's quality with practice. he's a good photographer :)

Ok, cool I'll try to get the camera then. I've not really done any photography before so it would take me a while to be able to take good pics, but I did expect that - I just wasn't sure if I would be able to take great pics like those without spending huge ammounts of cash.