Keldyn buys a Digital Camera

Nice pictures Spyder! I think I like the orange flower the best - good contrast with the black background.

Here is another one of some fall foliage in Southern Indiana, showing the reflection in some water. Turn it over and you have a Monet ;)

IMG_0160_1.jpg

Just stumbled in to this thread again during my lunch break. It made me want to post some more pictures. Most of my pictures are at home so i'll post some that are on my PC at work. :blink:

Some were framed and given a title.

Ever tried to make a screw twist on its tip and then make a photograph of it while its spinning? :wacko:

Screwed_Balance.jpg

One thing we eat here in belgium are mussles. Sometimes you find little crabs between them. Seeing this one killed my appetite. It was still defending it's eggs while being boiled :s

mmm.jpg

The next shot was taken at night. This poor guy just froze when he walked in front of our flashlight.

Added a little title... might have been a prince :p

Kiss_Me_-_Ribbitt.jpg

This shot was actually taken just before nightfall of the previous shot. It was taken last year when the days get shorter. The sky get's magnificent colors for just a few minutes

sky2.jpg

The following 2 shots were taken at an abandoned mine. Nature was taking over.

growing-sjokkel.jpg

Finally a shot of my ugly head taken in the showers of the abandoned coal mine. This was the only mirror that was still intact. Maybe it broke under the strain of my reflection :blink:

mine_reflections.jpg

Maybe you can enjoy these shots a bit. Cheerz

DAMN....incredible pictures, sjokkel...just fantastic

Couldn't have said it better! ;)

Very very nice indeed:)

Sjokkel, hope you don't mind if I download some of them for wallpapers or something(only private use of course)? :)

If you have more, please post! :yes: (Y)

[edit: confusing sentence un-confusified ;) ]

Edited by N_B

Thanks!

I like them alot! Especially the spinning screw and the pipe in the

abandoned mine (I love the colors on that one, and the contrast

between the red rusty left side of the pipe and the right side where

it's green and growing).

The evening sky is pretty too, but I think I'm spoiled on that front,

cause the sky looks like that almost every night (ok, exaggerating

a little bit, but it looks like that very often. if the weather is clear,

that is) where I grew up. :)

The crab-picture has some lovely colors, but it really made me

lose my appetite too. The poor thing is looking at me! ;)

If you keep the shots for personal use as a wallpaper i certainly wouldn't mind.... i even feel flattered  :blush:

Feel free to use them on your desktop.  :)

i have the pipe up right now :whistle:

you have to enter those in a contest!

Henry David Thoreau's Cabin

8.jpg

7.jpg

12.jpg

11.jpg

17.jpg

Thoreau published his nonfiction work, Walden (1854), based on his two years, two months, and two days living in a 10' x 15' cabin on the shore of Walden Pond. (July 4, 1845 - September 6, 1847).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

North Bridge / Minuteman Statue

14.jpg

18.jpg

9.jpg

13.jpg

Here on April 19, 1775 the British redcoats battled the Colonial Minutemen; Emerson wrote his poem "The Concord Hymn" to dedicate the site.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...outside The Old Manse

10.jpg

16.jpg

15.jpg

This landmark was built 1770 by Reverend William Emerson, preacher and patriot. Ralph Waldo Emerson wrote his essay Nature (1836) here, laying the groundwork for Transcendentalism.

Nathaniel Hawthrone lived here with his bride, Sophia Peabody (1842-46), and wrote his collection of short stories, Mosses from an Old Manse (1846).

just got my digital camera today !!!

G3 :cool:

yah...what keldyn said! you're an hour behind me - you have time to start taking pix, buster! ;)

btw.....congratulations (Y)

just got my digital camera today !!!

G3 :cool:

good choice :)

i'd recommend buying a lensmate adapter, unless you need it to be compact, or if you are extra careful.

i'd recommend a lowepro tlz 1 or mini.

also, the lens adapter plus UV filter will help protect it. my sister messed my original g3 (i had it replaced, luckily), but you see this all the time at dpreview, where someone drops the camera with the lens extended.