Composed of five 2274x1774 shots.

Settings on each shot:

Color Representation: sRGB.

Shutter Speed: 1/636 sec.

Lens Aperture: F/4

Focal Length: 23 mm

Exposure time: 1/640 sec.

Exposure Compensation: 0 step.

Camera Mode: Custom - Colors set to Neutral and Sharpness set to full.

Adobe Photoshop 8.0 CS: Resized and Auto Corrected Colors/Sharpened.

Hi, I'm looking to get the digital camera soon. I have a limit budget, around $350. I did lots of research on net and found 2 models that I like within my budget, Canon PowerShot A80 and Minolta DiMAGE Z1. I still can't decided which one is better. Anyone have any suggestion/advice?

Thank you,

Scroll up. The pic of my dog was taken with my new A80. Canon's rock!

Hi, I'm looking to get the digital camera soon. I have a limit budget, around $350. I did lots of research on net and found 2 models that I like within my budget, Canon PowerShot A80 and Minolta DiMAGE Z1. I still can't decided which one is better. Anyone have any suggestion/advice?

Thank you,

Scroll up. The pic of my dog was taken with my new A80. Canon's rock!

That's cool... Circuit City just have Canon A70 and A80 on sale at my local store. And I got a coupon buying products in store over $200 in 1 purchase get Free gift card worth 10% of the total price. So, the final price for A70 will be around $247 and $337 for A80. I think it's a really good price.... but when I look in the A80 spec it does not support 640x480 movie mode like A70 does. I'm wondering why Canon downgrade this feature. If I really need only 3.2MP, do you think it worth buying Canon A80 or should I stick with the A70? Keep in mind that I have limited budget. With $100 price difference I could buy 256MB memory card, 2300MAh batteries with charger, and camera bag if I buy Canon A70. Or should I go with Canon A80 because I will probably need those 4MP and some extra feature in A80 in the future anyway and then save money to buy the 256MB or 512MB card in the future? What do you guys think?

Thanks,

Yes, I do too at times, but I want the pictures to be of best quality. :D

we all do...but right now i'm happy with what i get....cameras are still new to me

I forgot you could add pictures... :blush:

damn didn't work.. It says 'You cannot upload this type of file'. Its a JPEG. sorry for the noob question, how can i make it work?

And just because it was the only site i saw with my cam on it here it is, (seems to be alot worse than the ones i seen people talking about :( )

Edited by Boffa Jones

heres one from the lunar eclipse (a little late)

DSC01249.JPG

some nyc - manhattan (ferry ride home)

DSC00011.jpg

DSC00012.jpg

weee bought my own camera too, I'm finished with borrowing the Coolpix 880 from work, here comes the Canon Powershot G5 Pro :D

small macro test :

edit: yes the watch is old, but damn sturdy and still goes beyond 100m depths :D

g5_macro_test_e0.8_f4.0_iso50.jpg

weee bought my own camera too, I'm finished with borrowing the Coolpix 880 from work, here comes the Canon Powershot G5 Pro :D

small macro test :

edit: yes the watch is old, but damn sturdy and still goes beyond 100m depths :D

http://mr.reed.free.fr/images/g5_macro_tes..._f4.0_iso50.jpg

(Y) nice macro