[Official] Forza 3

But you can't say it's not worth it.. just look at that beast.. and not only that but it's a true car experience.. I mean manual transmission with the clutch, leather material.. this is high quality stuff.. I'm definitely getting the whole set. I've been waiting for this stand for so long cause my regular Microsoft Wheel is awful to use from the couch.

Oh no I bought it, I just regret buying it.

The Fanatec steering wheel, stick, and pedals add up to 480 USD, plus the stand is another 130 USD. Luckily though it works on PC and PS3 as well. And they only make 5000 of them before they sell out. Enjoy.

They make 3 versions of the Porsche wheel, only one is a limited edition.

And their basic wheel model

Porsche 911 GT3 RS Wheel - ALCANTARA - EU 169.95EUR (+shifter, but pedals included)

I won't be using a H shifter anyway so I don't have to buy it :)

Also this is cool:

Vibration motor on brake pedal to indicate blocking tires (only in games which support this feature)

They also mentioned the H shifter is only supported on the PS3 and PC, but I'm pretty sure it was used on the Forza 3 demonstrations. Though no current game supports it so I supposes that's why.

in the video it looks like the same amount as Forza2, wish they would increase it though

This does look very very good, and Im looking forward to getting my hands on it for sure!

The only question that I want answering is "How many cars on the track at once?!"

I'm really hoping it's not 8, double that to 16 and that will be awesome!!

This is not only a GT5 Killer, It goes leaps and bounds ahead of it.

By the time GT5 comes out (2011?) it will already be dated.

Lets hope lots of DLC comes with Forza 3 aswell in the future.

GT5 is already finished and ready to ship, Polyphony are currently further polishing it as they are not happy with it at the moment. 2011 release date? you joking? GT5 is coming this year! early 2010 at the absolute latest.

However, I do agree Forza 3 is a potential GT5 killer, I say potential as we hardly know anything about what will be included in GT5.

GT5 is already finished and ready to ship, Polyphony are currently further polishing it as they are not happy with it at the moment. 2011 release date? you joking? GT5 is coming this year! early 2010 at the absolute latest.

However, I do agree Forza 3 is a potential GT5 killer, I say potential as we hardly know anything about what will be included in GT5.

Just because PD "says" it's done and they can ship it whenever they want doesn't make it true. because if it was true they'd ship it. It's a stupid thing to say because the lie reveals itself because they haven't shipped it. NO dev doesn't ship somethign if it can be shipped.

Face it the game isn't ready to be shipped it, and without a date even it's not likely to be close, or even this year. If it was this year, Sony would have had them say it, so they coudl have announced at least one 2k9 release.

I think it's far more likely they'll ship GT5 in early 2010. GT4 released in Q1 in 2004 afterall, and they already have GT PSP coming out in Q3 2009.

wow 6 years for one driving game :laugh: I hope it's worth it to those who care. If they repeat this dev cycle you can see GT6 in 2016 :rofl:

And yeah, the whole "we can ship when we want, its finished" thing is BS. If it really was finished they'd face it off up against FM3.

Just because PD "says" it's done and they can ship it whenever they want doesn't make it true. because if it was true they'd ship it. It's a stupid thing to say because the lie reveals itself because they haven't shipped it. NO dev doesn't ship somethign if it can be shipped.

Face it the game isn't ready to be shipped it, and without a date even it's not likely to be close, or even this year. If it was this year, Sony would have had them say it, so they coudl have announced at least one 2k9 release.

PD haven't said anything as solid as this about the games progress till now, it's not as if they have a back history of saying the game is nearly done then going off the radar for months/years. They've been tight lipped about GT5 for ages, I'm sure you know that... It's strictly been a "it's done when it's done" project hence all the jokes and comments about release from many of you.

They didn't say it was ready to ship, they said they could ship it right now if they wanted to, which clearly hints at feature complete, polishing and/or tweaking now, hence even suggesting a 2011 release date is way off the mark.

OPM has a preview piece next month, that will no doubt have something to do with release. All the UK retailers have suddenly jumped on a September release, but we know how accurate retailers are with release dates...

Either way we'll see who is interpreting the comment correctly soon anyway :)

There's been no word on it yet.

8 for online is fine, but I hope it's at least 12 for SP.

GT5P was pushing 16 for SP - I'm not sure if online was 16 as well, but online with that many cars will lead to lag/chaos unless your netcode is solid.

Only 8 cars on a track? :/

Is that confirmed?

There's been no word on it yet.

There certainly seems to be a lot of upset about 8 cars over on the official forums, although as mentioned this hasn't been confirmed yet though. If it is then well, I'm glad PD didn't copy that from F3 :rofl:

8 is enough imo, I never like those crowded races where the first lap becomes a ramfest because there's just too many cars around.

Outside of a Nascar race, 16 cars serves no practical purpose.

I'd rather have the higher details on the cars in Forza 3 and the higher textures than 16 cars.

8 or 10 is a nice number for a race on an actual track.

Outside of a Nascar race, 16 cars serves no practical purpose.

I'd rather have the higher details on the cars in Forza 3 and the higher textures than 16 cars.

8 or 10 is a nice number for a race on an actual track.

i am not trying to start a war or anything, but i personally think GT5 looks graphically better then this game and they can pull of 16 on a track. You would think the "definitive racing game" would be able to

i am not trying to start a war or anything, but i personally think GT5 looks graphically better then this game and they can pull of 16 on a track. You would think the "definitive racing game" would be able to

Well Polyphony have a lot more powerful hardware to play with than Turn 10. The 360 is nearing its peak, whereas the PS3 still hasn't been pushed to the limit yet.

Well Polyphony have a lot more powerful hardware to play with than Turn 10. The 360 is nearing its peak, whereas the PS3 still hasn't been pushed to the limit yet.

yeah it would make sense in terms of FPS and what not (faster cpu = more frames), but the video card in the ps3 is lacking when compared to the 360, and they have a game that looks just as good or better then it. If GT5 looked worse i would understand.

Looks absolutely fantasic. I absolutely can't wait for this :) Almost tempted to go and preorder even!!

How, their cars are modelled after pictures, rather than scanned and "tuned" by the modelers. the car models are practically identical, except that GT5 has flat bump(possibly parallax) mapped wheel, which look pretty horrible, more details seems to have gone into the texture andnormal map work on Forza to give stuff like the badges different materials and proper shape. So otherwise they are identical.

Then there's the enviroment, from the GT5 video we know that city buildings in GT5 are **** poor done. The road surface is flat with no noticeable bump mapping even. Meanwhile Forza 3 has a road surface that looks practically real, bump mapped AND normal mapped. And where GT5 uses skyboxes for distant mountains (which is ok enough) Forza 3 has actual modeled environment for far greater distances.

While we haven't seen any evidence of it yet, from what I saw of the underside of the flipping car in Forza I suspect they have greater detail there, and from the crash we know that forza not only deforms car parts, but breaks them apart and have key parts of the car like suspension and exhaust fully modelled, and collisions not only breaks of entire body parts, but they break them into smaller pieces as well.

Then there's the wheel physics simulation, each car has 4 wheels that it needs to fully simulate, 8 cars on track. That's 32 wheel in an 8 car race it needs to fully simulate constantly. It's a good thing the 360 has 3 actual cores so they can dedicate one core to this. while the Cell is better suited for physics, I doubt it could do it because this would clog up the actual "mother" CPU and prevent it from doing anything else.

I haven't seen any evidence that GT5 looks better, I've seen that it in some aspects look similar, and in some worse, and in some just as good. But overall, Forza 3 comes out on top in this one.

How, their cars are modelled after pictures, rather than scanned and "tuned" by the modelers. the car models are practically identical, except that GT5 has flat bump(possibly parallax) mapped wheel, which look pretty horrible, more details seems to have gone into the texture andnormal map work on Forza to give stuff like the badges different materials and proper shape. So otherwise they are identical.

Then there's the enviroment, from the GT5 video we know that city buildings in GT5 are **** poor done. The road surface is flat with no noticeable bump mapping even. Meanwhile Forza 3 has a road surface that looks practically real, bump mapped AND normal mapped. And where GT5 uses skyboxes for distant mountains (which is ok enough) Forza 3 has actual modeled environment for far greater distances.

While we haven't seen any evidence of it yet, from what I saw of the underside of the flipping car in Forza I suspect they have greater detail there, and from the crash we know that forza not only deforms car parts, but breaks them apart and have key parts of the car like suspension and exhaust fully modelled, and collisions not only breaks of entire body parts, but they break them into smaller pieces as well.

Then there's the wheel physics simulation, each car has 4 wheels that it needs to fully simulate, 8 cars on track. That's 32 wheel in an 8 car race it needs to fully simulate constantly. It's a good thing the 360 has 3 actual cores so they can dedicate one core to this. while the Cell is better suited for physics, I doubt it could do it because this would clog up the actual "mother" CPU and prevent it from doing anything else.

I haven't seen any evidence that GT5 looks better, I've seen that it in some aspects look similar, and in some worse, and in some just as good. But overall, Forza 3 comes out on top in this one.

The contradictions are all over the place in this post.

You seem to know exactly what GT5 is like then finish the post with

I haven't seen any evidence that GT5 looks better

So how do you know everything about GT5 in your first 4 paragraphs?

You guys are really digging holes over this whole GT5/Forza 3 scenario.

Oh come on. You can't just go making sweeping statements like that.

The strength of both machines is very debatable, with the general consensus being that PS3's CPU is better, and the 360's graphics chip is better. I think most people believe that the PS3 is more powerful, but also harder to develop for. So if we'll actually see the benefits of that power, we don't know.

The contradictions are all over the place in this post.

You seem to know exactly what GT5 is like then finish the post with

So how do you know everything about GT5 in your first 4 paragraphs?

You guys are really digging holes over this whole GT5/Forza 3 scenario.

Funny how the sentence have a different meaning when you only focus one the first half and not the whole sentence wich means something completely different :rolleyes:

Seriously Audio, this is the problem with you, you start out semi objective, and as the argument goes on, you retreat way back into the sony fan corner, and tend to come up with some ridiculous arguments and purposely read other peoples arguments wrong, or like in this case decide to ignore half the sentence to somehow make it mean "I haven't seen anything about GT5" instead of "I haven't seen any examples where GT5 looks better than Forza 3"

Funny how the sentence have a different meaning when you only focus one the first half and not the whole sentence wich means something completely different :rolleyes:

Seriously Audio, this is the problem with you, you start out semi objective, and as the argument goes on, you retreat way back into the sony fan corner, and tend to come up with some ridiculous arguments and purposely read other peoples arguments wrong, or like in this case decide to ignore half the sentence to somehow make it mean "I haven't seen anything about GT5" instead of "I haven't seen any examples where GT5 looks better than Forza 3"

If you haven't seen enough evidence to show GT5 looking better than Forza 3 then you haven't seen enough evidence to suggest it looking worse than Forza 3 either.

That's my point.

I mean

But overall, Forza 3 comes out on top in this one.

Out on top of what?

If anyone isn't being objective around here its the waves of Forza 3 fans that have decided what's the better game months in advance of even being able to play either. That's like reviewers/journalists putting up reviews and grading games before they even play them....

It's fun poking holes in the arguments a lot of you are trying to make about two unreleased games, both of which we barely even know the full feature sets of. I asked earlier in here if 8 cars on a track at once were confirmed for Forza 3, apparently that's not even been confirmed yet. That's basic information we've yet to get, yet people are making judgements as if we know everything.

There's nothing wrong with looking forward to one game more than the other, but some of the things said over the last few days are way over just being anticipation for one game over the other.

There are GT5 videos from E3, and then there's GT5P which IS GT5. unless you think they went and remodelled the tracks and changed the models and textures to entirely new ones since then. ... Well they have had the time, after all, Turn 10 has made an entire new game in the meantime ;)

LOL.. obviously a statement from a non-technical person. PS3 is not stronger than 360. The only thing that PS3 has is more CPU cores but the problem is that they don't have memory bandwidth to utilize between the cores and the GPU chip on PS3 is weaker than the one on Xbox 360. It means in no way that PS3 is more powerful.

Xbox 360 will always have advantage in raw graphics processing power while PS3 might have advantage in physics processing due to more cores but only if they are utilized properly which is almost guaranteed not to be done properly except for first party games developed by Sony themselves.

And the whole nearing peak statement is funny :) 360 has a lot of juice in it. We thought Gears of War 2 was awesome and now we see Forza 3 that obviously matches and outmatches visually anything that we've seen so far.